[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
herrick0817 wrote:
I am currently at level 71 and just switched to the budget build with very identical gears. However, I only managed to get to about 3,700 life and getting one shot from bosses every now and then. What should I do next? Get more life gear? How is it possible to get to 5000-6000 life with the budget build? Or should I purchase the Essence if Hysteria?

you can't really play this build without the essence of hysteria. I don't really know what kind of stuff you are playing with now but there are some core items you really need.
"
Chonuza wrote:
Hey, I'm running with this instead of the sceptre because I haven't gotten the essence of hysteria yet, what do you think? Could it be better? Or worse?

Also, is Cyclone an alternative instead of BV in the chest setup? Would it work well? What do you think?

The build works with a kaom's heart, so literally anything in the chest, or nothing at all, can be made to work. BV is just best at generating hits. We aren't spec'd for attack speed, or cast speed, or move speed, so we can't generate high hit rates with things like cyclone. BV's high hit speed is intrinsic, which is why it's our best option.

As for your sceptre: why are you even using those spells? Most of those supports from the lantern do nothing for them. Added Fire only works if the spell does physical damage. Cold to Fire only works if the spell does cold damage (which we have no default sources of, and if you want to run Hatred, then again you have to use a spell that does physical damage). With those gems, the only thing on that sceptre you're getting any benefit out of is the Fire Penetration.

Nycta's is almost exclusively useful with Glacial cascade, as it's the only spell that does both physical and cold damage. And then not well enough to make it end-game viable in most situations. If you used CWDT+GC+Chance to Ignite or something it might make a decent igniter. If you want a second spell you're pretty much forced for it to be a physical spell (ethereal knifes, bladefall, BV...) while running the hatred aura (50% reservation).
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jan 9, 2017, 10:36:19 PM
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Chonuza wrote:
Hey, I'm running with this instead of the sceptre because I haven't gotten the essence of hysteria yet, what do you think? Could it be better? Or worse?

Also, is Cyclone an alternative instead of BV in the chest setup? Would it work well? What do you think?

The build works with a kaom's heart, so literally anything in the chest, or nothing at all, can be made to work. BV is just best at generating hits. We aren't spec'd for attack speed, or cast speed, or move speed, so we can't generate high hit rates with things like cyclone. BV's high hit speed is intrinsic, which is why it's our best option.

As for your sceptre: why are you even using those spells? Most of those supports from the lantern do nothing for them. Added Fire only works if the spell does physical damage. Cold to Fire only works if the spell does cold damage (which we have no default sources of, and if you want to run Hatred, then again you have to use a spell that does physical damage). With those gems, the only thing on that sceptre you're getting any benefit out of is the Fire Penetration.

Nycta's is almost exclusively useful with Glacial cascade, as it's the only spell that does both physical and cold damage. And then not well enough to make it end-game viable in most situations. If you used CWDT+GC+Chance to Ignite or something it might make a decent igniter. If you want a second spell you're pretty much forced for it to be a physical spell (ethereal knifes, bladefall, BV...) while running the hatred aura (50% reservation).

Cool, thank you for taking the time to explain.

So the sceptre with fire burst is still the best option?
@tomay, can I ask what is 'better' or different with the non avatar of fire build you run?
hey i was just wondering how is he teleporting to the boss? doesnt look like he is walking
Link Flame Dash to CWDT and see hat happens. ;)
"
Pwnmanship wrote:
@tomay, can I ask what is 'better' or different with the non avatar of fire build you run?

Not much really...

1. Losing Avatar saves one passive skill point. For this one needs "Adds Fire Damage to Spells" on the sceptre. Now, unless this mod was rolled whith Hysteria or "incr Spell Damage" cannot be crafted (either because it's already there or there is no room for another prefix) I would not recommend to craft "Adds Fire Damage to Spells" onto the sceptre, 44% spell damage is a lot more than we can get from a single node in the tree. There are other means to add fire damage to spells but these come at the expense of huge drawbacks: Mantra of Fire deprives us of 7% max Life from a regular jewel, Anger reserves a massive 50% of our Mana. In a nutshell: if you're lucky and got "Adds Fire Damage to Spells" on the sceptre, get your "free" skill point, otherwise don't bother.

2. Without Avatar we get more damage, i.e. better leech, from non-fire spells we may be using in our high-level CWDT combo (which procs after a "Savage Hit").

3. We can apply Shock to monsters. This, however, does require a 6-Link BV setup optimised for maximum Lightning Damage output (Physical to Lightning, Iron Will, Controlled Destruction, Concentrated Effect at bosses), preferably with 20/20 gems or even better. Anything less doesn't really cut it with late-game map bosses (only hits that deal lightning damage to the tune of at least 5% of the target's maximum health pool can apply Shock).

Once I got rid of Avatar I have also refunded Purity of Flesh (and the three 10 INT nodes) to reduce my Chaos resistance. The reason: Doedre's Elixir only takes 10% of our maximum HP but a "Savage Hit" requires at least 15% so in order to invoke "Cloaked in Savagery" at my own leisure with Doedre's Elixir my Chaos resistance must not be better than -50%.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 10, 2017, 6:09:59 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Pwnmanship wrote:

Not much really...

1. Losing Avatar saves one passive skill point. For this one needs "Adds Fire Damage to Spells" on the sceptre. Now, unless this mod was rolled whith Hysteria or "incr Spell Damage" cannot be crafted (either because it's already there or there is no room for another prefix) I would not recommend to craft "Adds Fire Damage to Spells" onto the sceptre, 44% spell damage is a lot more than we can get from a single node in the tree. There are other means to add fire damage to spells but these come at the expense of huge drawbacks: Mantra of Fire deprives us of 7% max Life from a regular jewel, Anger reserves a massive 50% of our Mana. In a nutshell: if you're lucky and got "Adds Fire Damage to Spells" on the sceptre, get your "free" skill point, otherwise don't bother.

2. Without Avatar we get more damage, i.e. better leech, from non-fire spells we may be using in our high-level CWDT combo (which procs after a "Savage Hit").

3. We can apply Shock to monsters. This, however, does require a 6-Link BV setup optimised for maximum Lightning Damage output (Physical to Lightning, Iron Will, Controlled Destruction, Concentrated Effect at bosses), preferably with 20/20 gems or even better. Anything less doesn't really cut it with late-game map bosses (only hits that deal lightning damage to the tune of at least 5% of the target's maximum health pool can apply Shock).

Once I got rid of Avatar I have also refunded Purity of Flesh (and the three 10 INT nodes) to reduce my Chaos resistance. The reason: Doedre's Elixir only takes 10% of our maximum HP but a "Savage Hit" requires at least 15% so in order to invoke "Cloaked in Savagery" at my own leisure with Doedre's Elixir my Chaos resistance must not be better than -50%.

Thanks for the detailed response! I'll keep the AoF build for now because of the funds on the breach league.
Not all is bad about Avatar though...

If you want to make use of the Emberwake goodie that stacks Burning Damage from ignites cumulatively then Avatar contributes quite nicely. For this, however, I recommend Fire Pen or Iron Will in the sceptre (rather than Elemental Focus) so Fire Burst can ignite as well.
"
tomay wrote:
Not all is bad about Avatar though...

If you want to make use of the Emberwake goodie that stacks Burning Damage from ignites cumulatively then Avatar contributes quite nicely. For this, however, I recommend Fire Pen or Iron Will in the sceptre (rather than Elemental Focus) so Fire Burst can ignite as well.

I'm running the Fire Pen gem in the sceptre (you can see that in my profile) that would be also oke for now right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info