[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
Hercanic wrote:

Here's my 115pt finessing of the above tree. It maintains the Green Dream socket, while also having more life and overall better point efficiency than ChrispieD's original tree (4pts for the two northern jewel sockets vs. 6pts for the two southern ones; 38% life vs. 26% life for 7pts).

You can then spec into Blast Radius and Occultist's Dominion in the witch area for 3 more points, granting: 30% area damage, 10% AOE; 16% spell damage, 4% cast speed, and 20 INT. Or, you can get Alchemist for 3 points, giving 26% increased flask effect and 10% flask duration. (I wonder if it would round up to another projectile with the Dying Sun flask... nope, rounding up happened in 2.6 but it has since been nerfed.)

If you do grab Occultist's Dominion, you can switch the bridge (like so) for a bit more life from the 10 STR in exchange for the mana of 10 INT.

Blood Drinker and Frenetic are also reasonably close, giving 20% life and another frenzy charge.

This tree is very good and about as close to as good as it gets as we can get. If we have good res gear (we have good margins with such many rares as we have and res heavy uniques as well), you can sacrifice 10 to all res for 18% inc fire damage + 16% inc spell damage + 4% inc. cast speed by going this tree, though dex are a bit low on both our trees:
http://poeurl.com/bvae

Ah, yes, good call. I had actually considered doing that, but wasn't sure if the smaller chance from 15% cold resist was adequate compared to 28%, a drop of nearly half, since I haven't used it yet. In practice, it should equate to one frenzy charge every ~7 monster kills instead of 4. Not a problem while mapping, but maybe a little lacking when feasting on limited boss adds.

Here's another idea, where we swap Revenge of the Hunter cluster for Blood Drinker, since they both have the same 4% life-per-point efficiency, but this also gets us in range to take an extra frenzy charge for 4% more damage and 4% attack-&-cast speed. It also puts us within 3 points of another jewel socket (giving 20 DEX to get there instead of the 16% armor one over by Resolute Technique).

It's basically 4% life vs. +1 Frenzy Charge & 10 DEX.

We need 113 DEX to wield Razor of the Seventh Sun. This tree sits at 94 DEX, so you would need your Eye of Innocence to have a minimum of 19 DEX. Double-checking your character, AFK, the only thing that requires more DEX than Razor is your rare boots, at 117 DEX. That's four more DEX, so your Eye just needs to be at 23 DEX. Since it's at 24, there'd be no problem.
Last edited by Hercanic on Aug 25, 2017, 5:46:09 PM
Hi ChrispieD,

in 3.0 I have like 5 billion standard chars that aren't really good anymore. I think I will give your build a try. My question is - I have this old VRF belly that I would like to use BUT I don't want to recolor it because it's a pain in the ass. ^^

So what do you think is the best red colored replacement for faster projectiles because my chest is missing the green gem slot?

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
jyc128 wrote:
Hi Chris,

This build looks great do you have a leveling skill tree?

thanks,

Not currently m8 srry, maybe some1 else can throw one together. General tip is not to go for vaals pact till after you have done merciless lab.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
Hercanic wrote:

It's basically 4% life vs. +1 Frenzy Charge & 10 DEX.

We need 113 DEX to wield Razor of the Seventh Sun. This tree sits at 94 DEX, so you would need your Eye of Innocence to have a minimum of 19 DEX. Double-checking your character, AFK, the only thing that requires more DEX than Razor is your rare boots, at 117 DEX. That's four more DEX, so your Eye just needs to be at 23 DEX. Since it's at 24, there'd be no problem.

138 dex with this tree, and by not getting the chaos res node's you can still use doedre's elixir.

http://poeurl.com/bvcu

The alternatives are many and leveling up really does bring benefit to the build. Exchanging trees with you has however made the tree better. I might update the build tree soon, when we I have decided on the most optimal one.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Aug 25, 2017, 7:02:33 PM
Just started following this build. The tree goes in many directions. I tried searching but I couldn't find it, is there a skill point tree order anywhere?
"
ChrispieD wrote:
138 dex with this tree, and by not getting the chaos res node's you can still use doedre's elixir.

http://poeurl.com/bvcu

The alternatives are many and leveling up really does bring benefit to the build. Exchanging trees with you has however made the tree better. I might update the build tree soon, when we I have decided on the most optimal one.

Oh, nice idea skipping Purity of Flesh in favor of getting both Revenge of the Hunted and Blood Drinker. Since Purity of Flesh actually costs five points compared to the shorter alternative bridge, its per-point-value is 4% life just like the other two clusters.

I plugged your character into Path of Building. The frenzy charge is worth a total of 5.7% more damage for Magma Orb. Since it costs two points to get, it has a per-point-value (ppv) of 2.85%. For comparison:

Fire Walker (2pts, 18% fire + 8% elemental) is 4.5%, ppv of 2.25%.
Blast Radius (2pts, 30% area damage) is 5.1% more damage, ppv of 2.55%.
Celestial Judgement (2pts, 24% elemental + 2% penetration) is 5.3%, ppv of 2.65%.
Explosive Impact (3pts, 41% fire + 4% cast) is 8.8%, ppv of 2.93%.
Occultist's Domination (1pt, 16% spell + 4% cast) is 4.9%, ppv of 4.9%.

These are all of the most potent and efficient damage passives within a reasonable distance. Occultist's Domination wins, hands down. Explosive Impact is surprisingly good, but it only covers fire damage and your new route removes it as a possibility. This means the frenzy charge is the best option after Occultist's Domination. On my previous tree, it would have had less ppv if Blood Drinker was a replacement for Revenge of the Hunted, but with you replacing Purity of Flesh instead, it equals out and thus costs only 2 points instead of 3. I really like how our back-and-forth kept improving the tree every time. Nice working with ya! =oD

Special thanks to troler123, too, for starting all this with a solid alternative route.

----------
EDIT: Oh, Fire Walker now jumps to 3.0% ppv since you're already taking that elemental node. But that only applies to fire damage, while the frenzy charge affects everything. So it comes down to what percentage of your total DPS is fire. I have no idea how to calculate that, since I don't know whether your CWDT spells reliably trigger every 250ms or not.

----------
EDIT2: Alright, looking over the differences between your original build and your latest modification, here's what Path of Building shows:

New vs. Old

Magma Orb DPS: 179k vs. 166k (8% more damage)
Life: 7,596 vs. 7,547 (0.6% more life)
Unreserved Mana: 471 vs. 336 (40% more mana)
Evasion: 15% vs. 21% (25% less evasion)
Resists: 109/150/67 vs. 119/163/95 (need 8% more Lightning Resistance to cap)

Conclusion: We're 6 sockets vs. 7 sockets, so the damage and life gains don't come out to as much as the tree by itself would indicate. However, it's still more. Evasion is a toss up, since you want to get hit to help trigger spells. Resists are to be expected. You have more Cold Resistance than you'll ever need, so you can lose it on any rare item in favor of Lightning to make up the difference.
Last edited by Hercanic on Aug 25, 2017, 9:05:37 PM
Np would you head to the templar side or ranger side first?
hi, totally, very, very interested in ur build.
just 1 last question, can it do uber atziri?
The Green Dream only for frenzy charge generating , right ?And how important it is

Does poison do anything for us? These gloves are cheap, like 5c or less.
IGN: FlyByFlicker

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info