[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Well how much of the dps from the build is the scepter vs active skill vs cwdt. Could put it in whichever is least dps... if it works in all of them then you get the free 30% for the others. Also if going phys based could do a cyclone set up with maim.... Not sure if that would work at all or not.
"
morinr wrote:
Well how much of the dps from the build is the scepter vs active skill vs cwdt. Could put it in whichever is least dps... if it works in all of them then you get the free 30% for the others. Also if going phys based could do a cyclone set up with maim.... Not sure if that would work at all or not.

At this moment it is fireburst that does almost all the dps. However, on 3.0, the active skill will do around 80% of dps. Best for me would be to link it with two CWDT spells, but that would need CWDT activation to count as "when you use supported skills". If that would not work, fireburst or abberath's would be second alternative.

Main support on cyclone would work on all physical spells used. Making a phys build is not impossible or very bad, however, most of our gear and tree empowers elemental damage. Eg. elemental overload, eye of innocence, mokou's embrace, sceptres and elemental damage nodes with chance to ignite (can be skipped if using the ignite shield).
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
morinr wrote:

At this moment it is fireburst that does almost all the dps. However, on 3.0, the active skill will do around 80% of dps. Best for me would be to link it with two CWDT spells, but that would need CWDT activation to count as "when you use supported skills". If that would not work, fireburst or abberath's would be second alternative.

Main support on cyclone would work on all physical spells used. Making a phys build is not impossible or very bad, however, most of our gear and tree empowers elemental damage. Eg. elemental overload, eye of innocence, mokou's embrace, sceptres and elemental damage nodes with chance to ignite (can be skipped if using the ignite shield).

Oh wow, didn't think the active skill would go up to 80% of the dps of the build. Guess you don't want to socket it in the active skill gems then. Might have to wait and see I guess if it will work out well or not. The dps decrease on fireburst kind of is lame, but guess that's how it is going to be. Only wait and see when you build it up and test it.
Wait, what's going on? Are they nerfing Fire burst? Why is active skill 80% of the damage? So is will no longer be afk viable? I like how I'm walking around and things just die.
"
Wait, what's going on? Are they nerfing Fire burst? Why is active skill 80% of the damage? So is will no longer be afk viable? I like how I'm walking around and things just die.

No, fireburst will not get a damage nerf. However, my build at this current moment relies on burn.

To clear things up:
my current abberath's version does 25k initial hit and 82k burn per second for 4 second with fireburst, totaling 328k dmg on burn 25k dmg on hit, meaning the burn makes up 93% of the damage output on 0 resistance mobs. On high resistance mobs, the damage can go down like 8 times.

BUT IN 3.0 BURN IS HEAVILY NERFED. Importing the character to 3.0 version of path of building, the burn does 4.5k per second, which is a reduction of burn by the factor of 18!!!

So in my theory build, I remove all supports to fireburst to use for other things, though it still hits for 18k average damage, so same afk capability. However, my active skill hits for 280k aoe dmg that has the potential to hit 2-3 screens. This setup is the setup I will probably recommend in 3.0.

This version of the build will have the exact afk capabilities like before, since this build is nothing without the afk part. If the afk goes away, this build is no longer afk gone cheap or meta, right? ;)

Nonetheless, there is nothing hindering you running the build as before. In your 6l chestplate you can run low lvl cwdt + immolate + 4 spells, to further increase damage. But the feeling will be very different. Try to run your setup with elemental focus in your fire burst sceptre, to prepare for 3.0.

The active version however, seems very promising. I the active setup on another char that only output around 100k (only 1/3 of what my build will probably output) in path of building and it felt very good there already. This means that the cheap versions of the build will probably feel good as well.

Now we wait and see if GGG will nerf berserker before 3.0 release.
Last edited by ChrispieD on Jul 7, 2017, 4:49:02 AM
Yup, the change to ignites is pretty brutal for some builds. They probably are balancing the fire skills to work... might miss fireburst and if they don't boost the initial hit by 8x or something it will be sort of crap.
Ok good. I actually did use elemental focus for the longest time and I don't have Abberath. So I guess it's the time for me as before I made the switch to fire pen instead of elemental focus. I also don't use emberwake + taming combo.

So everything is same except for a new 6L set up on chest? Any new items that you're thinking of? I know it's not finalized yet but I'd like to know :D
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Jul 7, 2017, 12:45:30 PM
"
Ok good. I actually did use elemental focus for the longest time and I don't have Abberath. So I guess it's the time for me as before I made the switch to fire pen instead of elemental focus. I also don't use emberwake + taming combo.

So everything is same except for a new 6L set up on chest? Any new items that you're thinking of? I know it's not finalized yet but I'd like to know :D

If you were happy with the ele focus damage output, that part will be the same. Then you can choose whether you want to run the active setup or not. I don't think I will utilize any new unique. I won't utilize the new Glitterdisc as it would only save one gem slot, but lower my dps by very much. However, for the most budget versions it can be an option to avoid essence of hysteria.

Just get yourself 2 very high roll mokou's embraces and high roll eye of innocence. I probably won't use abberath's hooves.

The rest of things are skill gem related.

I don't want to give more info as many might buy and things might change to the release. Also, I think most want a finished product and the time frame gives you guys a chance to come up with your own ideas.

I can say that utilizing decay+essence drain was my first idea with cwdt contagion, with and output of about 100k dot per sec. However, decay got nerfed... ... ... ......
First of all, thanks for the great build.

My Gear Spoiler: it shows Razor of the Seventh Sun Midnight Blade containing a level 1 Whirling blade gem.

but,

Example setup on how to take down guardians spoiler it shows Razor of the Seventh Sun Midnight Blade containing a level 20 Whirling Blade gem.

It doesn't seem like a huge difference in mana cost, but did you leave it at level 1 just to use it for moving around?

Thanks!
"
jessegotogal wrote:
First of all, thanks for the great build.

My Gear Spoiler: it shows Razor of the Seventh Sun Midnight Blade containing a level 1 Whirling blade gem.

but,

Example setup on how to take down guardians spoiler it shows Razor of the Seventh Sun Midnight Blade containing a level 20 Whirling Blade gem.

It doesn't seem like a huge difference in mana cost, but did you leave it at level 1 just to use it for moving around?

Thanks!

I don't think whirling blades mana costs actually changes by levels, it would change with supports though. You would want quality on it more than levels due to the % increased attack speed, which is why some people link it with culling for the same quality (also cull helps if you remember to use it)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info