[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
Belchonok wrote:
What support gems can provide more damage to warchief totem in tabula rasa? I'm in 4 act, merciless rold, and I lack of damage. :(

Warchief totem+faster attacks+increased area of effect+melee physical damage+melee physical damage on full life+added fire damage.

Don't get avatar of fire till you make the switch to the AFK build.

Also, since you use facebreakers, use no weapon and get as much added physical damage on gear as possible. Honestly ancestral warchief totem makes insane damage, so it should be plenty with great margin.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
functionality wrote:

Great input and feedback.

Let's start with the lag. The biggest lag issue for me has been the screen freezes I get. However, there is a magic button that reduces the risk of this accuring by the factor 100. It's called, turning of LOCKSTEP, that M**************************************************************************************************************************************** function that has ruined my gameplay for the last half a year or so. I turned it off to predictive mode and all of a sudden the screen freezes were almost gone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not an uber itzaro farm build as it is vaal pact life, making the traps a pain in the ass. Just go slayer overkill leech instead, which will make your regen life for 1 minute after killing one pack so you can just YOLO run through the traps.

As for the guardians, killing them requires deep knowledge of their mechanics, we covered some of it in our stun it all guardians and shaper mechanics clip. I recommend giving it a go.

As for chimera, the only major risk if you ask me is the cloud phase. Quicksilver+life flasks or whirling+life flasks counters it. As for the add ons, get anti poison for the snakes and I think anti burn for the hellions. The chimera degen that killed you was bleeding caused by his flicker spear, mentioned in the video.

As for phoenix, I have killed phoenix with blade vortex setup with 7k hp, though with 3 deaths. All were due to one shots to his self explosion. The self explosion reduces our fire res by 50%, so overcap by 50% and you will survive it, making the fight closer to a walk in the park.

As for minotaur, 1 charge of vaal molten shell is enough to kill him. Also there is a reason why you don't die with VMS up, the reason is that you don't get one shot by minotaur, simple as that. You get two shot.

The cooldown of our CWDT is 0.25 seconds and his stones falls down from the sky faster than that and can overlap with his attacks, leading to a two shot. With vaal molten shell you will always have something hitting him after he is hitting you, making a two shot impossible. The tricky part is how not to get one shot before activiating it. The secret is to not get hit by his initial burrow and then move away a tiny bit from his stones falling down from the skies.

As for hydra, the closer to the centre of the arena you get, the bigger is the space between the enviormental ice spheres, so don't run out to the edges as those spheres take your life but give not leech back. I lagged too much during the fight so I died.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

I am currently testing an expensive version of the build for great clear speed and allright life pool (7.6k currently with belly). I need to optimize it a bit, but one shotting chimera phases and one to two shotting hydra might be possible. Right now I am awaiting the nerf notes before taking next step.

Last edited by ChrispieD on Feb 26, 2017, 4:25:13 AM
"
Iztooi wrote:

How many chaos resistance u have. i have 40+ and I'm not one shot

base -18%, but i decided to run with dusktoe, and i'm at constantly 32%
The fact is that i do not die from chaos damage, chayula breaches are pretty easy and i tried only once its domain and i almost reached the end (there were missing 2 rooms) and that was a damage problem.
Oneshot damage can't be avoided, even with all the leech. E.g. without fortify/endurance charges, i can't facetank uber izaro radiant slash (which is all physical), and bringing a basalt flask seems a waste. As i said atziri (normal) can cast 3-4 flameblast on you at the same time that can oneshot you and the big one is mostly another oneshot. I may have hit the reflect-atziri, i may need to respect the mechanics and avoid some damage the old way, i was asking for something that could help me. Also Malachai's bombs are fire damage and even in this case you have to avoid them moving, you can't stay afk.[/quote]

I don't know your setup at all and your profile is set to private. Many in this thread spread the message that the blade vortex setup maybe isn't really needed and can be dropped. I took down atziri with the blade vortex setup without issue deathless with my blade vortex setup.

One shots can't be mitigated as they are one shots. Malachais slam is a one shot, the way to avoid it is to know that it exists and whirl away from it. This is the same for all one shot mechanics on all one shot bosses.

Now, if you decide not to use an active damage setup, the boss fight will be prolonged and you will have a higher chance of not avoiding the one shot mechanics once and die. But the bombs malachai throws shouldnt be that dangerous at all.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

As for leagacy league, I have a new build concept in the works that will be fabulous, but it it will sting in our pockets a lot more than this build does. We will have to prioritise what we will cover in our video material on the channel, but it will be exciting times.
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
functionality wrote:

Great input and feedback.

As for the guardians, killing them requires deep knowledge of their mechanics, we covered some of it in our stun it all guardians and shaper mechanics clip. I recommend giving it a go.

[...]

Yeah, I think this build is very solid for doing them. It's not optimal build for them (except unless you get to "oneshot" some of them), but again, try and find another one like this for 10ex. And ones that might be able to do it are probably also going to get nerfed. For example Chaos Storm Tank witch might have rather easy time with Chimera, but all the double dipping in that build will eventually get nerfed. Though I honestly am afraid that VMS might get the nerfhammer.

But one curious question: did you try to bring purity of fire and rise of the phoenix for Phoenix fight? I mean, why wouldn't you? You can't use the sword anyway and having extra aura is a nonissue. You will lose WB (well you can still set it up, rather you would lose Fortify or Faster Attacks), but it's still solid choice.

More so, I think in general running purities might not be a bad idea. Ele weakness? Purity. -% max ele resist on a map with rippy boss? Purity (if you can get one that helps).

Also, what you think about the +1 curse Eye? If we'd get that, we could after all run enfeeble too, in fact in our gloves (I think you want higher CWDT for max lvl enfeeble, as each % it gives counts). That would be pretty much a GG setup. Losing some STR and DEX to gain enfeeble is pretty gg at least IMO.

Other option obviously would be to use high level blasphemy + enfeeble and ditch the high lvl CWDT's. I'd put a portal gem in the last slot. Even with this setup, you still would have room for Arctic Armour. But tbh I don't know why you'd want to do this. It's just an option, I guess. You could get Arctic Armour enchant to reduce how much it takes.

Speaking of that, I've also wondered, if somehow someone managed to level this build far past 88, what to do?

At lvl 91 I'd say Indomitable is most solid option. Then move towards Blood Magic. At level 97, respect to Blood Magic and get the juicy life from there. Arctic Armor at this point should he a uber enchant. At level 100 you could get both of these two and you'd have very huge lifepool. In fact, oneshots would not disturb you much at all.

But I think this is pretty much a fantasy with this build, especially due to the playstyle. It encourages you to get hit a lot and you'll die to stupid shit probably so frequently that your level ceiling is reached at 90 or so. I hope to get to lvl91 at least for reduced crits.

"
ChrispieD wrote:

I am currently testing an expensive version of the build for great clear speed and allright life pool (7.6k currently with belly). I need to optimize it a bit, but one shotting chimera phases and one to two shotting hydra might be possible. Right now I am awaiting the nerf notes before taking next step.

Interesting. Does it rely on VMS mechanics still? I honestly think that you can oneshot Hydra even as it is, but you'd probably need 5-6l Rat Cage with 5 off color sockets (lvl4 enhance > chance to ignite). With 2 green sockets you could also try vaal cyclone. Dunno what's the point, but may be you'll get something out of it.

Anyways, I'll be very interested to hear about this.

I'm myself thinking about alternatives to get more % ignite chance in my setup. I got only 5% from jewels so far, which I could ramp to 15% but those would be expensive jewels (resistance/hp/ignite% imo is BIS in jewels). My base ignite chance would be 55% then, then 20% from VMS quality and 10% from flammability. Which means 85% ignite chance... which could be done with a cheap, bricked enhance.

It's kind of weird that you never pointed out the ignite% and how important it is for VMS. It took me about one week to figure out what's "wrong" with VMS, i.e. why it behaves so erratically. Do you have VMS on 100% ignite chance?

EDIT: I did not take into account that flammability doesn't have 100% effect on bosses. You'd need still lvl 4 enhance to get your chance to 99% without relying on flammability at all.

EDIT2:

I think that actually you can achieve a decent clearspeed with Phoenix. Phoenix Shield, Purity of Fire and... Rats Cage. If you can't facetank it with this setup (inc. through the discharges), try with Ruby Flasks. If you can FT with Ruby Flasks, then just pop one before doing VMS to make sure that you won't get killed during VMS. Might want to remove inc duration though, because Ruby Flask doesn't last forever. You'll get Vaal Molten Shell charges as the birds spawn. If you manage to kill them fast, then it's pretty good game in my opinion. Not really sure how much VMS will help here, but you can get VMS charged and all in all, you will get hit by plenty of fire damage through other sources which will still make your VMS proc through rats cage.

And since your jewelry will be useless, you could actually try and find some other rings/ammys which will help with the fight. I'd say hp jewels maybe with fire res. I mean, you don't need anything else really and they wouldn't help you with your damage output. Maybe there's some uniques that might help? Dunno. But you will get plenty of fire res from Purity of Fire + Phoenix Shield. I got atm 110% fire res in total. 29 + 24 from rings. Max level purity offsets almost all of that by itself. Phoenix will give 8% + 20-25%. So you need like 30-40% fire res from the rings to counter the -50% fire res. After that you can just get str + hp and nothing else really (which should make this super cheap).

It's kinda lowballing it, but technically you get to either afk it (then use kaoms rather with hp rings) or just use VMS when you can. I dunno tbh if VMS will do all that much of a difference, but if it procs 100 times for example per charge, it will prolly do a lot of dmg due to phoenix being vulnerable to fire.

But dunno if this really makes much sense. Mostly because that -1% to -9% max fire ress debuff is not gonna go too well. If you can facetank -9% fire res with Rats Cage while ruby flask is on, you could just load up your vaal molten shells pre-bossfight (have like 6 of them? dunno) and use them right after discharge and then at midway pop out fire res flask.

Dunno, so much testing required :D
Last edited by functionality on Feb 26, 2017, 10:18:05 AM
I'm sorry if i'm asking this question, but i've just come into this build when it was alread at page 105...and don't have all that time to read all the pages..

WHat i'm asking is: is the first page fully update? is there any important change/fix to the build in the page from 2 to 104? :D

And another question..
are all the lvl 1 CWDT (aside from the Blade vortex one) usefull? I mean, the damage output from those spell are quite low, righ?

Thank you again for the guide :D
"
functionality wrote:
you could actually try and find some other rings/ammys which will help with the fight.

Losing Eye of Innocence is out of the question, it will break the the VMS/Rat Cage combo. ;)
"
tomay wrote:
"
functionality wrote:
you could actually try and find some other rings/ammys which will help with the fight.

Losing Eye of Innocence is out of the question, it will break the the VMS/Rat Cage combo. ;)

Yeah, because you know, you totally can ignite Phoenix, an entity that is fire itself.
Oh sorry, you're talking about the Phoenix...

Oh well, him I do easy, death- and flask-less, I just sit in the centre and keep BV spinning. Shield and different jewelry does the trick:

Voilá, dead Guardian of the Phoenix:

I don't even need Kaom's Heart here, he dies a bit faster with my BV setup in Belly (culling Strike). With Kaom's I get 11.2k HP and that would be a bit of an overkill, wouldn't you think? ;)
"
tomay wrote:
Oh sorry, you're talking about the Phoenix...

Oh well, him I do easy, death- and flask-less, I just sit in the centre and keep BV spinning. Shield and different jewelry does the trick:

Voilá, dead Guardian of the Phoenix:

I don't even need Kaom's Heart here, he dies a bit faster with my BV setup in Belly (culling Strike). With Kaom's I get 11.2k HP and that would be a bit of an overkill, wouldn't you think? ;)

Damn :D No point for rise of the phoenix then, rather a spell dmg shield then. So this is good news all in all.

I'm guessing most problematic stuff to clear for us is hydra & especially minotaur, which both can potentially be oneshot. This is pretty good stuff.
As it so happens, with my regular gear plus Kaom's I get 9.8k HP which should be more than enough. Phoenix hardly ever got me below 25%, not a single near death experience during the fight. Which makes Phoenix the only Guardian I could do fully AFK, I just want to bring a bit more increased damage to the fight since Emberwake and Taming doesn't work. So if I pop PoF into the Fortify Socket and equip Kaom's I should be fine as well... just biding a bit more time. ;)

Surely Life Jewelry, Kaom's Heart, Rise of the Phoenix and Purity should work fine at a lower level with 87/88% fire res plus AA he should be no problem at all. It's important really to remain stationary in the centre of the arena to make use of Arctic Armour, his spawns and tornadoes don't really hurt at all, there is no need to dodge anything.
Last edited by tomay on Feb 26, 2017, 4:08:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info