[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Would this work for legacy league :D?
Who knows until the full patch notes have been revealed. ;)

I don't think the AoE radius adjustments will have much impact on this build, as for the rest we will have to wait and see.
Hello mate,
very nice build! Had the chance to watch a few minutes of your videos in the morning, seems very funny!
I haven't had time to read everything...but there's something i don't get:
all those lvl 1 CWDT are casting low level (read as low dps) spells..so most of the damage is from the Fire Burst?
"
Iztooi wrote:
So, i tried this build for the past two weeks since my last post and i have to say that it's pretty rewarding. You can customize something to make it a semi-afk build where you can play only with mouse (whirling blades+blade vortex). Clear speed is good, and MOST bosses can't kill you for the 100% life leech after a savage hit.
I'm posting to ask again for help, how do you deal with the remaining bosses that have a one-shot damage skill or two fast shot damage skills? I'm talking about Atziri, Malachai, Izaro and others that don't give you time to life leech (because of the massive damage) or are immune to ignite and still deal a huge amount of damage.
I tried to tweak the talent tree to take 1% max lighting and 1% max fire resistance, to min-max as much as possible.
I also replaced flammability with warlord's mark to have a more life leech plus 3 stacks of almost permanent endurance (and so 14% phys reduction). Plus fortify it adds another reduction but it seems to not be enough and i get one-shotted by those bosses.
I'm also thinking to replace warlord's mark with enfeeble+enduring cry to reduce more the damage, but i think i lose too much damage from the various skills ticks.
Any advice? I got used to die from time to time (i'm on SC so) but dieing 6 times from a map boss because he(she) oneshot me pisses me off.
Aside from this i'm following the gear guide except the 50% chance to ignite from the hysteria, since my problem is dieing from 100-0 not 100-1 and life leeching back.
Thanks.

How many chaos resistance u have. i have 40+ and I'm not one shot
"
all those lvl 1 CWDT are casting low level (read as low dps) spells..so most of the damage is from the Fire Burst?

Yes, the bulk of our damage comes from Fire Burst. We have a chance of one in ten hits to trigger this spell and this is where all the CWDT spells come into play. The more hits the more Fire Burst we cast. They also ignite enemies which makes us take fire damage (Eye of Innocence) which in turn triggers even more lvl 1 CWDT and thus more Fire Burst.
What support gems can provide more damage to warchief totem in tabula rasa? I'm in 4 act, merciless rold, and I lack of damage. :(
"
tomay wrote:
"

Yes, the bulk of our damage comes from Fire Burst. We have a chance of one in ten hits to trigger this spell and this is where all the CWDT spells come into play. The more hits the more Fire Burst we cast. They also ignite enemies which makes us take fire damage (Eye of Innocence) which in turn triggers even more lvl 1 CWDT and thus more Fire Burst.

What's the tooltip dps of Fire burst?
Anyway i guess the Phoenix is totaly undoable right?
There is no "tooltip" DPS, Fire Burst damage in the character stats shows something around 8K but that doesn't really tell the story... T15 Kaom is dead in a few seconds.
I did this build. Here's some current feedback based on my experience.

General mapping guide

Spoiler
As OP has pointed out, avoid lightning thorns. Scriptorium and Promenade. I dunno if there's any realistic way of doing them. Maybe with lighting res flask (Vinktars is useless, just get lightning res flask for more charges. I mean, you need shock remove flask otherwise).

In general however, mapping is easy as hell. For t1-14 maps I use Rat Cage all the time on me. I don't bother really. For t15 maps it depends on mods. I might use Kaoms. A lot of maps in terms of bosses are pretty much the same: just run on forward and forward, pick the loot you want and get to the boss and burn the boss down quick.

Only real advice I can give is that some bosses have sweet spots in regards to when you should use VMS. For example, It That Fell; you should not initiate with VMS. Just run to it, let it go up. Next time it's on the ground, use VMS. Twinned bosses and multiple bosses: Vaal Cyclone is your friend. Although it's also your enemy in terms of leveling reliably.

Only map mods that I would avoid completely are ones with no leech and ones with %chance to avoid status ailments. I did Overgrown Ruins with twinned bosses, +35% damage on unique boss and attack speed & movement speed on unique boss. And on top of that, elemental reflect. Yes, this build can somehow do elemental reflect and it's not nearly as bad as you'd imagine. However, I'd still be bit cautious with ele reflect. It feels bit different than other stuff out there. I ripped once in that Overgrown Ruins map and it wasn't in the boss room.

Guardians

Spoiler
I have so far tried every guardian but Phoenix. I have had 0 successes, but I've never even done them before. I've tried Chimera once*, Hydra once and Minotaur twice. My feedback is based on map mods that gave no increased damage to bosses and no crit modifiers. I advise to avoid such mods completely. Generally speaking, the issue with some guardians is that your screen is filled with effects and you have hard time seeing what the boss is going to do.

VERY IMPORTANT INFO: I use either Rats Cage of non-legacy 500 life Kaoms Heart. With Kaoms I have 8k health. I do not like spamming BV so I just run around with 4l rats cage most of the time, but in t16 maps mostly I use Kaoms, unless Hydra or Minotaur where you want to vaal molten shell spam.

*technically I have done Chimera twice. First time was deathless. Except it was with a BV build guildie. It was super easy with him, but you're pretty useless with your DPS in comparison to a 450ex BV build, it turns out. I've also tried minotaur once with him, got instagibbed. Mino is really annoying.

Minotaur

Spoiler
Gear: Rat's Cage (and Kaom's Heart for trash if you want to play safer, just make sure you get to charge your Vaal Molten Shell)

Flasks: Since I think vaal molten shell spam is the only realistic option to get him down, I would recommend basalt flask just to increase your odds to make it through. Rest are optional (I'll go to flasks later on)

I have not yet tried to melt Minotaur with vaal molten shell. But sadly, you can't afk Minotaur. I don't know if anyone has managed to do it, but I can't with 8k hp. I think it's the crits that get me. I want to get myself a Brass Dome soon enough and see what happens with it.

Note, Minotaur will oneshot me even with fortify and basalt flasks. So all in all, even with Brass Dome, I somehow doubt that you can do this (Brass Dome hp at lvl88 for me would be 6,2k aprox -> probably too low to take normal blows from Minotaur, I'll test if I get my hands on one). Even if you could, you would probably have to use 5x basalt flasks (or 4 with chalice) and keep fortify up all times. The Voll Slam is deadly and you have to avoid it, but it's really hard when your screen is full of effects.

If you attempt minotaur, my recommendation is to use The Taming + Emberwake and try to vaal molten shell it. You might get oneshot even in this process, but it's pretty much the only way. You will not get much more than 8k hp. Avoiding Minotaur attacks is not realistic imo, the lightshow is real and it's very hard to see what's going on.

Hydra

Spoiler
It's "doable", but... it's slow and you have to avoid his projectiles. With 7,8k hp, I still could get oneshot. However, you might be able to oneshot Hydra with vaal molten shell. I'll try today actually Hydra again and see if it's possible. The problem with Hydra is the splinters with those arrows. That is some really bad stuff. Generally, I recommend not to do this unless you're in for an insane challenge. It's not stressful for anything else but avoiding Hydras charged shot and the splinters. If you can do that, it might be fairly easy, actually.

Chimera

Spoiler
Gear: Kaom's Heart

Flasks: 3-5 Eternal Flasks with +% recovered & +increased duration mod. 0-2 Amethyst flasks with -% charges used:

Spoiler

Don't have any amethyst flasks to show, but this is most important one anyways

Ironically enough (given how people hate him), Chimera is very doable. I got him to 1% in my first try where I wasted 3 out of 6 portals to learning. The lesson learned here is: bring at least 3 health flasks. Eternal ones with 50% more recovery (and 33% duration). I ripped 3 times before I realized I need to bring in these to make it trivial.

First of all, one warning: when Chimera does that circle before making that special attack move, I would recommend whirling out of it. Why? Because even though it 99% of the times does not kill you, it has potential to kill you one out of 100 times. I died once to it. It is super easy to avoid, this is not a stressful part of the fight at all. Also, the one time I died might have to do with the fact that it was his first move after cloud phase that hit me. I did not have any firestorm etc stacks on him. I have yet to test this. I can't remember if I died with fortify up or with no fortify up. It does not oneshot you, it's just very rapid.

In first phase, you just pretty much get him down to 75% without any hassle. Hell, you could even afk it to be honest if you want to take the risk of possibly dying to that circle thing. I afked it and it was not a problem.

Then the first mob phase comes in. This is not a problem. Just stay in middle. Once the unique mob appears, hug it to death. Once all mobs are cleared along with the unique mob, Chimera comes back and is angery.

Second phase begins. This time Chimera learns a move where clouds appear. He hides behind one of the clouds, but you are being attacked all the time. You have to use whirling blades to stroll through the clouds and be as quick as possible, because there's nothing to leech from here. So I recommend bringing in 5 eternal flasks with 3,5k health recovery on all of them (20% quality and 50% increased recovery mod). You could bring just 3, but... what you will use on the other slots? Just bring 5 for extra charges just in case.

What you do is pop up flask as soon as you get hit for the first time. Then just use whirling blades to move around quick. Stun recovery I think helps here, not entirely sure. Usually one flask per cloud phase should be enough. After I brought in the pots, I died only once in this phase. I'll go to that bit later. NOTE: You should be prepared to start instantly using whirling blades here. Don't think about it, just target to nearest cloud and get to it. Move to other ones. Do this until you find the boss. This will happen multiple times for each following boss phase.

At 50% health, again you get second mob phase. Same tactics as in first one. Then Chimera appears and it's the same as it was before, until 25% hp. Then third time you get mob phase.

Third mob phase is actually not as easy as the earlier ones. This is where you will have to use Kaoms, no way around it, even if you could facetank Chimera with something like Tabula. Reason for this is the unique mob that spawns: a snek that spews chaos bolts. This bastard oneshot me in some point. Only way to deal with this is to have chaos resistance. I managed to do it with 7,8k hp and with only one death. I would recommend bringing in an amethyst flask or even two, with less charges used or something. I got -40% chaos resistance and it would probably not oneshot me if it was just -5% during this fight. I recommend luring this boss in middle ground, but it can get tricky.

Then begins the last phase. It's the same as two earlier ones, I think. But... literally it was the last time he would use cloud (if things went well). I found him and everything was good, but suddenly I had a TON of degen and I died very quickly, because he didn't attack me fast enough. I don't know where the degen came from, I never had it before. Not even in that phase.

Phoenix

Spoiler
Phoenix is the only boss I have not tried. With that being said, I honestly think Phoenix is actually easiest one. Before anyone calls me crazy; think about it. You can't ignite Phoenix. So you don't need your sword. You could instead replace it with something like... I don't know... Rise Of The Phoenix? Maybe with Purity of Fire aura in it? Non-empowered Purity of Fire 20lvl aura gives you +4% max resist. Rise Of The Phoenix gives you 8% max resistance. That's 12% extra... 75% -> 87%. You effectively halve his potential damage. The debuff to fire res also should not matter since you got plenty of fire res from both.

Good news? You won't need The Taming. Bad news? The Taming is useless. So if this works, you will literally have to afk it through. I will test this once I get Forge Of The Phoenix. I will expect that the fight might seriously last 30 minutes. And given the drops (which ironically don't seem to be useful for anyone else but our build), it might not be worth the hassle. There's one caveat though, I'll get to that later.

Regarding Shaper, I think it's simply impossible. You can't simply have vaal charges before the phases. If you could, it would be very easy (and Vaal RF builds would be super happy about it). But since you can't, you simply lack the damage to deal with Shaper quickly enough. With that being said, I want to try it some day, just because. For Shaper clear, you want to roll something else, not this.

Also another tip: you might want to actually have multiple Vaal Molten Shell gems for guardian maps and just load them up in a sequence. For example, you might have essence that you think should be dealt with VMS. So you do it. Then you realize you're about 40 charges away from loaded VMS. But... less than 10 monsters left in the map and bossroom is next. Yup, you won't be using VMS. The charges will still hold even if you put the gem in your inventory. Level them in your swap weapons, should be fairly easy task. Also, it allows you to try to use VMS multiple times. Technically speaking, with some clever weapon swapping & 2x scepters with Hysteria (and Razor of the Sventh Sun), you could even burst down Chimera very easily through all the phases and have the fastest clearspeed of Chimera in category of 10ex builds. And you have multiple chances to do Minotaur (and possibly Hydra) with VMS as well, in case you die. I'm not sure however if Chimera can be facetanked with Rat's Cage. The mob phases are kind of scary. All this requires further testing by me, I'll report the results eventually if I get to it. But I'll be going legacy league so that might not be anytime soon. With same trick, you could also potentially trivialize Shaper. But it means you gotta swap your gems mid-fight. This is doable in Shaper to some extent, I guess, but it's really pushing it.

Uber Lab

Spoiler
Surpisingly, uber lab is not hard at all necessarily. I tried today the first time, to carry a friend through. Accidentally stumbled into Argos and he was kinda scary, but I think with 8k hp, he cannot kill you. Sadly, however, Argos is immune to ignite. The fight lasted for 5 minutes or so. Since he was not able to kill me (and I did not use fortify at all), I think it's safe to say that you can afk through Argos. Whenever 3-4 minutes (solo) for 1 key is worth it is up to you. I would pass unless I would accidentally stumble on him. At some points of the fight, he got my hp down pretty low and it was kind of scary, so I wouldn't be 100% sure about afkability of Argos. But during 5 minutes, a lot of hits were received from ARgos.

Also, it should be pointed out that I used Kaoms Heart. Rat Cage is completely pointless in Uber Lab, because you can't get vaal charges to Izaro fights. And probably a stretch to get them reliably for Argos as well and they wouldn't necessarily help a lot because Argos still can't be ignited.

My friend walked into the first Izaro bossroom and he died there, after which I continued solo. First one had Gargoyles. I did not do the mechanics, so he was buffed with them. Second Izaro was conduits, which got me worried about his last phase, as they're kinda infamous. Then I got into the last room and... yeah, I just stood there. He teleported me couple of times into traps as I was talking to guildies at the same time. It's kinda annoying and you can just whirl out of the green circle.

Since it was fully buffed with conduits, I think it's safe to say that this build has no issues with Izaro what-so-ever. The traps were also spike & those circle shaped saw blades. Burning is not a problem for sure. And I think the darts are also non-issue. Both of the moving ones (blades and the spinning spikes) are probably the worst ones if you're not doing any damage at the same time. If you are, razor ignite leech should take care of them.

For potions, you have no other option but eternal flasks, at least 3-4. And one bubbling panic flask would probably not hurt, although I feel that I don't need it. The reason is obvious: you're life build and you use vaal pact. Luckily, since this build does not require any flasks, it literally doesn't matter that you just stack 5 life flasks. However, I recommend one Chemists Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline as well (to get 3 use quicksilver with 26% increased movement speed). Also, although OP guide states that you don't need movement speed boots; for lab you really want 20% at least. Uber to be specific.

At some point I will want to try charge mechanic and have fully charged Izaro. If successful, then I want to try out charged & conduit Izaro, which is probably the worst. Not sure if that can even occur, but let's hope so.

However, regardless of how easy it is to deal with Izaro, i would not recommend this build actually for farming lab. Three reasons: killing Argus is very slow, traps are kind of scary and killing Izaro is slow. Maybe it's a solid build for clearing lab in 10ex~ price range, but it's still not a good lab clear build unless you're like me and want something that is less stressful with Izaro. I still hate traps so much that I generally avoid doing lab. Vaal Pact isn't really a problem since you can just stack life flasks; traps are annoying because they are traps.

Flasks

Spoiler
Although OP did cover some flasks, there is one flask that was not covered for some reason:

Why? Simple reason: sometimes you're so lazy that you don't even want to wait for any mobs to hit you and instead you'd like to just start rolling. This flask is the key to do that. I have two of these. The endurance & frenzy charges are just a bonus. Frenzy charges help your whirling blades and endurance charges help against damage. Unfortunately, as nice as they sound, you can't really keep them up in any situation where they truly would matter. So they're just a bonus.

For mapping, my flask setup is following:

I don't really use Onslaught much at all, it's almost useless and probably better idea to replace it with a life flask that has bleed on remove. It would have saved my life many times. I just like to clear stuff about 1% quicker and onslaught helps with that. It's still useless, so please don't be stupid like I am. I also don't know if there is a single situation out there where Basalt Flask would have helped me. You can't reliably keep it up. It could be replaced with another Doedres (trust me, you will feel like you never have enough of them) or just another lifeflask. Or use lifeflask and onslaught.

A solid option would be to use staunching lifeflask + quicksilver with shock immunity. But staunching lifeflasks have a huge downside: the effect ends as soon as hp reaches to 100%. So basically, all it does is it removes bleed stacks.

Vaal Molten Shell & optimizing it

Spoiler
There's some issues with Vaal Molten Shell and I'll talk about them here.

So, how does it work? Every time you take phys damage, your VMS procs. There's one issue though: unless your VMS has 100% chance to proc ignite, it cannot sustain itself. Let's take a closer look.

VMS with 20 quality has 20% chance to ignite. With my current gear I also have 45% base chance to ignite. That's 65% chance to ignite. With level 20 flammability I also get 10% chance to ignite. So in total, 75% chance to ignite. This is nice. But... it means that every fourth hit won't ignite. After that happens, you will have to receive physical damage from something else to cause another potential "chain".

What it means is that you can't just pop out VMS and hope that it sustains itself. You need to be taking damage. If you don't have plenty of firestorms up and have only single target that doesn't hit you constantly, you won't be able to actually sustain VMS.

There's two ways to work around this. Easiest way is to get vaal cyclone. A super useful vaal skill especially for bossrooms that have multiple bosses. You pop in first Vaal Molten Shell and then vaal cyclone and suck everything inside. Even if you don't have firestorms or anything like that, vaal cyclone will be constantly igniting and dealing phys dmg to you through rat cage. Sometimes, however, this doesn't work like it should. And it's also not good skill if you want to level up, because you will often encounter a situation where you should be moving away from elemental orbs (as all packs are dead) and yet you are still spinning. For strongboxes I would rather recommend using this without VMS (you will still deal ton of damage, just not instagib everything that touches you). For essences this is good combination. For most bosses this is good combination, except for some (like Racecourse), where you might die to degen after the boss kill because of desc. ground that will be left. DO NOT use this gem with increased duration. I have used Ngamahus flame build with vaal cyclone and as my friend with same build said; it's a love-hate relationship.

Second way to deal with this is %chance to ignite gem. You can then chain VMS without any problems. But you will lose conc effect. I would actually recommend this way, although I haven't tried it that much myself yet. It seems to still be able to dish out a ton of damage regardless of whenever you are getting hit or not. But it still feels definitively slower than what you get if you had multiple firestorms. Or maybe it's just the lack of concentrated effect. I dunno. But I plan to try this on Minotaur in near future.

Generally speaking, minmaxing this is really hard, but having 6l Rat Cage would really help here. Problem is that all the gems are off-color. So I wish you good luck getting 5-6 off color Rats Cage. Honestly, I think smarter thing to do is to have separate pair of str gloves that you'd use with Rats cage with 2r 2b sockets, whereas you put your normal CWDT setup in rats cage. Hell, you could 6l that rats cage and put even more spells there... if you wanted. Kinda pointless though. I use portal gem & vaal cyclone in my 4l rat cage.

The min/max Rat Cage setup would be something like VMS, conc effect, fire pen, inc duration, controlled destruction and... lvl4 enhance. Lvl4 enhance will provide 24q to your gems. In case of Vaal Molten Shell, that means 24% extra ignite chance. The rest you can get from jewels (I got one jewel with 2% ignite, just turn it into 3%). It is actually very insane setup, because your inc duration will also have 12% higher modifier. And rest will just add up in damage.

With this setup, I think you would practically delete anything that isn't immune to ignites. At least delete a phase.

As for the rest of us who don't have ton of exalts to spend into trying to get 5 offcolor, it depends on what colors you get into your 4-5l. lvl4 enhance can replace ignite chance. But any additional green sockets will be useless in the links, I'd just use them for purity of lightning or portal gem.

With this setup, I honestly think you could "oneshot" fairly easily Minotaur and/or Hydra. It might seem like an overkill, but the added damage might be crucial for following reasons: both have the capacity to oneshot you easily with rats cage and Hydra can suddenly disappear.

Few alternatives to get 100% chance to ignite with VMS: Abberrath's Hooves + lvl3 eenhance gem. Then again, you could just spend all that currency into lvl4 enhance and save some as well. So why on earth would you do this? Except that Whirling Blades will actually be fun to spam, I guess. Sadly, you will gimp yourself for t16 bossfights, as you need all the life you can get.

Gang's Momentum with 7% ignite roll. You will need to work probably harder with ignite jewels, but it's an alternative.

Another alternative is Doryani's Invitation. But I think you can guess what I'm about to say. Yeah. You will gimp yourself for t16 bossfights. However, technically speaking, Basalt Flask could mitigate the difference. But I'd rather have the life AND basalt flask while I'm trying. This is the cheapest alternative, actually, but it also hurts most as belts are the largest source of life you can have. I'd lose about 130 flat life.

My gear

Spoiler

Also, additional gloves just for fun (my resistances are still capped even with them), which work especially in Dried Lake groups. I really recommend these when you want just to have some fun. They are absolutely useless for any other purpose:

Just try them and you'll see what they are all about. Protip: go to a Dried Lake exp farm group and don't stop killing.

The lag is real and not only for you / What's it like to be in a group

Spoiler
Look, this build is fun. It's also laggy, but the funfactor is like 10x and you just forget about the lag. However, for some people it's not fun at all. Namely, people that have slow computers and that run with you in a group. You should warn people that your build is laggy. You should leave Dried Lake groups if people are complaining about lag or saying that they die because they can't move. You should DEFNITIVELY make sure that the person you play with will know what you are going to do in the bossroom and that she can stay further away. You don't want to be respnsible for lvl95 toon losing 10% exp only so you can surprise them with your build effectiveness.

For most people though, they admire the build and love our VMS effect. It looks really cool. But, I also managed once to open up an essence (with 3 essences), use VMS and vaal cyclone and basically get 1 frame per 5 seconds of prolonged epicness. However, it was kind of a killjoy once the smoke cleared and the whole group of 6 people wiped. Nobody knows to what, we all just were dead afterwards. It was super fun though and nobody minded it (since 10% exp at that level isn't much).

For bossfights in groups, you really need 100% ignite on vaal molten shell or vaal cyclone. Without that, you will often find yourself a non-climatic vaal molten shell use.

Summary: all in all, it's a super fun build and, IMHO, super cheap build. It costs about 3ex to get it rolling as of current Hysteria prices in standard (1ex per hysteria) and about 10 ex to get it actually into a good shape with end-game content being kept in mind. 10ex doesn't sound like cheap, but for similar pricerange I dare you to find a build that actually have a chance against Guardians and potentially oneshotting two of them and afking one of them. Or a build that allows you to type to guildies while you're doing buffed Izaro.

I'm also having a ton of fun in running Dried Lake groups for folks. They get to see an awesome build, but I get to use whirling blades all around the place to spread chaos everywhere. You just touch a pack and boom, suddenly there's ton of CWDT stuff and you move to another. Then you get to Izaro and everyone will (relatively safely) see how full group hp buffed Voll is sent straight to the oblivion through the red portal that your hug creates. Or you going on a frenzy with random VMS when you feel like it. It's very impressive (and I guess it will raise prices of The Taming in the long run, as many people are curious about this build).

It's also interestingly stressful for PoE engine I bet. I'd actually even bet that if this build ever gets popular, they will do something to discourage people from using this. Either nerf it or just stealthnerf drop rates of The Taming associated items (div cards or the nemesis rings). I'm pretty sure their servers have to calculate a lot thanks to us.

However, my advice is to avoid starting legacy league with this build. The core items come from t16 map and those hysterias will be super rare at the beginning. But in the long run, the prices of the taming will drop down. And as such, I will definitively roll this for legacy league if no nerfs come. It's a life build and has been around now for a while, using a mechanic that isn't much discussed nor complained about (except by people who can't stand the lag).

So yeah, thanks OP, finally a first build that actually feels very strong <3

EDIT: The caveat with the Forge of the Phoenix loot.

It drops our amulet. Getting +1 curse on that amulet might not be a bad idea. You could use enfeeble alongside with your flammability, which means less potential to get oneshot. So yeah, doing Phoenix might be worth it, just for us, if we get the amulet. Also useful to have 2 of those swords for swapping purposes, but I haven't thought about this nearly as much as I should have so far.
Last edited by functionality on Feb 25, 2017, 8:25:38 PM
"
H4mon wrote:
"
Iztooi wrote:
So, i tried this build for the past two weeks since my last post and i have to say that it's pretty rewarding. You can customize something to make it a semi-afk build where you can play only with mouse (whirling blades+blade vortex). Clear speed is good, and MOST bosses can't kill you for the 100% life leech after a savage hit.
I'm posting to ask again for help, how do you deal with the remaining bosses that have a one-shot damage skill or two fast shot damage skills? I'm talking about Atziri, Malachai, Izaro and others that don't give you time to life leech (because of the massive damage) or are immune to ignite and still deal a huge amount of damage.
I tried to tweak the talent tree to take 1% max lighting and 1% max fire resistance, to min-max as much as possible.
I also replaced flammability with warlord's mark to have a more life leech plus 3 stacks of almost permanent endurance (and so 14% phys reduction). Plus fortify it adds another reduction but it seems to not be enough and i get one-shotted by those bosses.
I'm also thinking to replace warlord's mark with enfeeble+enduring cry to reduce more the damage, but i think i lose too much damage from the various skills ticks.
Any advice? I got used to die from time to time (i'm on SC so) but dieing 6 times from a map boss because he(she) oneshot me pisses me off.
Aside from this i'm following the gear guide except the 50% chance to ignite from the hysteria, since my problem is dieing from 100-0 not 100-1 and life leeching back.
Thanks.

How many chaos resistance u have. i have 40+ and I'm not one shot

base -18%, but i decided to run with dusktoe, and i'm at constantly 32%
The fact is that i do not die from chaos damage, chayula breaches are pretty easy and i tried only once its domain and i almost reached the end (there were missing 2 rooms) and that was a damage problem.
Oneshot damage can't be avoided, even with all the leech. E.g. without fortify/endurance charges, i can't facetank uber izaro radiant slash (which is all physical), and bringing a basalt flask seems a waste. As i said atziri (normal) can cast 3-4 flameblast on you at the same time that can oneshot you and the big one is mostly another oneshot. I may have hit the reflect-atziri, i may need to respect the mechanics and avoid some damage the old way, i was asking for something that could help me. Also Malachai's bombs are fire damage and even in this case you have to avoid them moving, you can't stay afk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info