[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

the gem setup which you posted on guide and your gear (min/maxed version) is different. which one is better and is there a reason for not updating it?
Last edited by SirMrrgglton on Jun 2, 2017, 12:39:03 PM
"

FAQ

9. Is Xoph's Amulet good for this build?

Spoiler
No. Avatar of Fire means all of our attacks/spells will interact shittily with Ele Equilibrium. The fire damage will give everything we touch 25% fire resistance instead of -50% like we want, thus hurting our damage output.

Hi there, just trying out this build and so far I'm liking it alot. But regarding this FAQ im a bit confused. Im using Xoph's Heart and it gives me a HUGE Dps boost. Ok it doesn't have very high life or life regen but I think for around 40% more dps after everything else in the end I can live with that.

Without Xoph's Heart:

With Xoph's Heart and Enemy covered in Ash:
3.0 ..any nerfs for this build?

Wanna start with your build but no idea what changes
Bayern des samma mia
"
Gambit79 wrote:

Hi there, just trying out this build and so far I'm liking it alot. But regarding this FAQ im a bit confused. Im using Xoph's Heart and it gives me a HUGE Dps boost. Ok it doesn't have very high life or life regen but I think for around 40% more dps after everything else in the end I can live with that.

Let me explain it quick to you. You are too low level. You got almost no sources of increased damage. As I see your tree you got no jewels with increased damage.
Therefore adding a source with 25% increasing damage looks good in this instance.
When you get to level 90 and have 7-8 jewels you get about 600-700% increased damage. There the +25% will be nothing. At that point you will need to increase your base damage (RF damage of 50% of your life pool) in order to see a big increase.

Here is a math example: Base damage = 100; you come with that 25% increase mode so you will see a new damage of 125%.

Base damage 100; You have all other increase mode like I said to 600%. Your damage is 700.
Add another 25% increase so you get 625%. Your damage becomes 725. So you will see an increase in damage from 700 to 725.
But what you see if instead of a base damage of 100 you increase your HP and manage to do 110 damage and not to modify the increase %? Then the increase will be from 700 to 770. Bigger than in the previous example.
So that amulet looks good on you only because your character is low level and poor damage wise.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jun 3, 2017, 6:49:40 AM
"
Piftiuta wrote:
"
Gambit79 wrote:

Let me explain it quick to you. You are too low level. You got almost no sources of increased damage. As I see your tree you got no jewels with increased damage.
Therefore adding a source with 25% increasing damage looks good in this instance.
When you get to level 90 and have 7-8 jewels you get about 600-700% increased damage. There the +25% will be nothing. At that point you will need to increase your base damage (RF damage of 50% of your life pool) in order to see a big increase.

Here is a math example: Base damage = 100; you come with that 25% increase mode so you will see a new damage of 125%.

Base damage 100; You have all other increase mode like I said to 600%. Your damage is 700.
Add another 25% increase so you get 625%. Your damage becomes 725. So you will see an increase in damage from 700 to 725.
But what you see if instead of a base damage of 100 you increase your HP and manage to do 110 damage and not to modify the increase %? Then the increase will be from 700 to 770. Bigger than in the previous example.
So that amulet looks good on you only because your character is low level and poor damage wise.

Chrm, I pretty dont care about the 25% increased damage. Don't get me wrong I did alot of builds in my time here, I know how less 25% "increased" is :)

It's the covered in Ash that makes a huge difference.

From Wiki:

Ash
Debuff
20% less Movement Speed
20% increased Fire Damage Taken

GGG confirmed that this is a 20 MORE multiplier after everything else applied already (including curses debuffs, penetration etc...). So if you do like 300K dps this adds 60K on it. And enemies get slowed for 20%. I might check it out later but including the ~50 Strength I think it's an Option. If you use Poe-Builder just check the "covered in Ash" box in configuration Tab. I'm curious how it would change your Dps.
If I take your Example above it would add 140 to your 700, and that is not counting the 25 increased yet :)
Last edited by Gambit79 on Jun 3, 2017, 8:17:30 AM
I'm looking forward to try this build, few lvls more and the fun should start..but:

I'm new player, with lucky 2ex+ cash (1 dropped from coccon, 1 sold Ancient key)

The problem is armor-I bought crappy Belly just for improving stats, I cant afford 6L which is 4ex+ so what gems should I use in 5L version ? I found 6L corrupted also for 2ex but I would need someone with Vorici to help me with colors.

Other thing is that my character is rather..slow. Is there any skill to use to improve movement? Sorry for bad eng :)

I know my current set is crap but I'm waiting till 65 so I can use Cuebyiari and Phoenix shield (bought them with 3R socks links) and improve rest.
Yes ash debuff is on mob side and acts like a 20% more.
Unfortunatelly mob has to hit you. It might be good for bosses. The trash is melted till they get to hit.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jun 3, 2017, 3:36:38 PM
"
Kain_Ownage wrote:
The problem is armor-I bought crappy Belly just for improving stats, I cant afford 6L which is 4ex+ so what gems should I use in 5L version ? I found 6L corrupted also for 2ex but I would need someone with Vorici to help me with colors.

You don't need a 6L for this build, period. We use RF on a 4L, and the 5L(6L if you choose to get one later on) is purely for a defensive and curse setup. Save your money in this case.

"
Kain_Ownage wrote:
Other thing is that my character is rather..slow. Is there any skill to use to improve movement? Sorry for bad eng :)

Search poe.trade for a set of boots with 30% movespeed / Life / Strength / resists. This is a better use of that currency than any 6L would be.

"
Kain_Ownage wrote:
I know my current set is crap but I'm waiting till 65 so I can use Cuebyiari and Phoenix shield (bought them with 3R socks links) and improve rest.

You will not be able to effectively use Doon right at 65 because you physically don't have the passive points you need available to allocate to get your strength over 800. That is the key strength value needed to make Doon better damage than a Doryani's Catalyst, as the guide shows.

Piftiuta, chime in if I'm not stating this accurately...I don't know of any way to have that much strength at 65 and still have the tree set up to transition to RF right at 65.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Yes to get to Doon you need to have (with it equiped) 800 str to be on equal side with a Doryani with 100% increased elemental damage. I don't think at 65 you got near that amount of strength unless you equip with meginord vise gauntlets +100 str and astramentis ~100 str. But both of them are poor for life pool.
"
Reserved.

FAQ

10. KAOM'S HEART?!

Spoiler
No. The point of this build is to minmax your strength to get more life than a Kaom's RF build would have, while having more damage and links to play with.

Can someone explain to me why Belly of the beast is better then Kaom's Heart?
I tried to search for the answer but couldn't find it.

When I compare (patch 2.6) Belly of the Beast (only 34% to life) vs Kaom's Heart,

Kaom's heart
+Life +500 (5858)
+39% damage
-No Sockets
-No resist
-No flask

Belly of the Beast
-Life (+34%) 5123
-Less DPS
+Sockets
+12% elemental Resist
+50% flask

If more life = more DPS and survive ability, wouldn't Koam's heart be a better choice? Is there something in there I am missing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info