[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
Redvex wrote:
TrollTimber shield with leech could be useful?

no, you have the warcry heal and there are way better shield with more defense and offence
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
Sparkl wrote:
Hmm weird, so POB's advice with skill gems is:

Ancestral - Brutality - Maim - MeleePhys - Ruthless - Conc Eff

This is supposed to raise my dps from 95k with this guides skill gem setup to 163k dps. Is this stuff pob calculated really correct or is this all just a bunch of crap?

Edit: Last experiment before I drop in the bed.

If I replace Tukohamas with Great ones ward and only replace brutality from upper skill set with added fire damage I get 177k DPS and even if I leave herald of ice and herald of ash on and replace the shield with tukohama, I get 163k DPS. Since we have to run blood magic I absolutely have to drop the auras and my total DPS with tukohama drops to 162k DPS when POB recommends me to switch added fire skill back to brutality (if I leave added fire I get 140ishk DPS).

It is close but ones ward is a clear winner here. Is tukohama really 3-4ex worth? I don't think so.

Hope to get some input from the guid author as well. Good night every1!

i think you are missing some points in PoB. check if u you have these activated:
only then you can calculate things like "dmg on full life" and "maim" correctly

Configuration Tab

and dont forget to activate your flask like "taste of hate", "atziris promise" and "sins rebirth" (if you have them). without them brutality is stronger, but with them u will see the dmg increase without brutality as it says: "no elemental or chaos dmg", wich these flasks give a lot

I have all those chekpoints enabled. Thing is I don't yet have taste of hate and sins rebirth because they are kind of expensive so without them I have basically the same dps with brutality and maim as I do when I have all my flasks (lions roar, atziris promise and the geeric 40% dmg flask) up with your setup.

But that still doesn't explain the dps drop from tukohamas. Should I sell it and buy something else? This shield is useless if I get another totem for a total dps decrease and it is basically the second most expensive item in this build.

Edit: Also can you please comment on this - what am I missing compared to your linked gear that I still can't climb nearer to your dps? We have relatively similar dps jewelry (you have relatively better phys dmg rings but I also use the redblades which should at least decently compensate for it), we have abyssus, we have high roll facebreakers, minus quality gems (waiting for them to ding lvl 20) but that is about 50kish dps with full buffs and flasks on according to pob.

I often find that when I follow builds that claim really high dps numbers that I never manage to reach that high no matter what I do. Not blaming you of course but there clearly must be something Im doing wrong here... :/

I am lvl 89 atm by the way.
Last edited by Sparkl on Jan 11, 2018, 11:43:13 AM
"
Sparkl wrote:
I have all those chekpoints enabled. Thing is I don't yet have taste of hate and sins rebirth because they are kind of expensive so without them I have basically the same dps with brutality and maim as I do when I have all my flasks (lions roar, atziris promise and the geeric 40% dmg flask) up with your setup.

But that still doesn't explain the dps drop from tukohamas.

You say you dont use the exact setup wich i use and this doesnt explain the dps drop? sry i dont get the point.

"
Sparkl wrote:
Should I sell it and buy something else? This shield is useless if I get another totem for a total dps decrease and it is basically the second most expensive item in this build.

thats depends to you. you dont need to use it. i never said anywhere that the advanced build is better than the low budged one. it just plays different (many say they like it more because u dont need mana etc)

"
Sparkl wrote:
Edit: Also can you please comment on this - what am I missing compared to your linked gear that I still can't climb nearer to your dps? We have relatively similar dps jewelry (you have relatively better phys dmg rings but I also use the redblades which should at least decently compensate for it), we have abyssus, we have high roll facebreakers, minus quality gems (waiting for them to ding lvl 20) but that is about 50kish dps with full buffs and flasks on according to pob.

I often find that when I follow builds that claim really high dps numbers that I never manage to reach that high no matter what I do. Not blaming you of course but there clearly must be something Im doing wrong here... :/

you dont have ele weakness on hit facebreakers (wich gives way more dmg with the right flasks).
you are missing the high dmg flasks "sins rebirth" and "taste of hate".
redblade tramplers arent as powerfull as good steel rings.
you have no 20% quality gems (yes, they give a lot of dmg!)

so the point is simple. you dont have simmilar gear. thats why your dmg is way lower than my. so try to get all the things i listed and than you will see a good dmg increase and simmilar dmg to my ;) hope i could help a bit
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Jan 11, 2018, 12:24:20 PM
what is better for dps? tukohama (3totems) whitout auras or great old shield (2totems) whit hatred + herald of ash ? im very confused :/ PLEASE HELP!!!
"
Sparkl wrote:

But that still doesn't explain the dps drop from tukohamas. Should I sell it and buy something else? This shield is useless if I get another totem for a total dps decrease and it is basically the second most expensive item in this build.

buy 2 steel ring,boots with totem dmg and try Broken Faith shield-gain unholy might on block.
run t11 map 100% up time and +50k dmg vs great old shield
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
Sparkl wrote:

But that still doesn't explain the dps drop from tukohamas.

You say you dont use the exact setup wich i use and this doesnt explain the dps drop? sry i dont get the point.

"
Sparkl wrote:
Should I sell it and buy something else? This shield is useless if I get another totem for a total dps decrease and it is basically the second most expensive item in this build.

thats depends to you. you dont need to use it. i never said anywhere that the advanced build is better than the low budged one. it just plays different (many say they like it more because u dont need mana etc)

"
Sparkl wrote:

you dont have ele weakness on hit facebreakers (wich gives way more dmg with the right flasks).
you are missing the high dmg flasks "sins rebirth" and "taste of hate".
redblade tramplers arent as powerfull as good steel rings.
you have no 20% quality gems (yes, they give a lot of dmg!)

so the point is simple. you dont have simmilar gear. thats why your dmg is way lower than my. so try to get all the things i listed and than you will see a good dmg increase and simmilar dmg to my ;) hope i could help a bit

You don't understand what I am trying to ask. Perhaps I have written it in a confusing way, I admit that this sometimes happens to me. :)

Flasks and ailments and curses are of course a dps booster but this is not "hideout dps" or so to speak.

What I am trying to say is that my non-boosted dps is way higher on great ones compared to tukohamas which indicates that with great ones the flat dps is much higher as opposed to tukohama. So far I can't see the real application of using tukohamas except for having blood magic but this really isn't an issue at all since warcry also restores mana too.

So my question isn't flask related since I of course realise that flasks play a big part in temporary dps spikes, what I am interested in is how to approach that 800k tooltip dps mark in hideout as seen in one of your guide photos. I realise that quality gems make a dps increase but according to pob the increase isn't as marginal as other things like flat phys dmg of course. Now sitting in hideout with tukohama having only 95 tooltip dps compared to your 800k tooltip dps is a big difference no? We are talking about a 800% difference in dps and I really doubt that you have 800% better gear (at least as seen from the gear you linked).

So all I am wondering myself is what should I replace in order to get the base tooltip dps much higher. Is it the nodes in the tree? Or is this purely flat phys related?

As for steel rings - I have seen steel rings with huge flat phys but most of them lack ele res (unless you have 20 ex to spend). Since the tukohama tree looses ele res compared to the beginner tree, I wonder where do you get ele res from?

The jewelry you linked under your tukohama tree isn't THAT much different from mine so I just wonder where else do you get flat phys dmg from?

But mostly what I am interested in is: Is Tukohamas shield a better DPS shield compared to Great Ones or not? And if so, how or when exactly?

I am pretty sure that flasks have nothing to do with this question.
I have the most important question of all::::

Does the jewel affix: % increased Damage if you've Killed Recently - Work with this build?? Wasn't sure if I actually had to kill something (not possible) or my totems count!

Anyone have the definitive answer?
"
epicmeatwad wrote:

Does the jewel affix: % increased Damage if you've Killed Recently - Work with this build?? Wasn't sure if I actually had to kill something (not possible) or my totems count!

It counts because the totem skill is actually your own skill so they count.
"
Sparkl wrote:
"
epicmeatwad wrote:

Awesome. Wasn't sure because I dont see a boost in my sheet dps after a kill..
"
epicmeatwad wrote:
"
Sparkl wrote:
"
epicmeatwad wrote:

Awesome. Wasn't sure because I dont see a boost in my sheet dps after a kill..

AFAIK it should work but it should also show on your tooltip.

"Recently" refers to the past 4 seconds, so you have to be quick to see it on the tooltip otherwise it wears off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info