Mechanical Questions Thread

Quick Question:

Does the "Unyielding" node from the Juggernaut Ascendancy stack with "Disciple of the Unyielding" from the passive tree?
quick question,
why does not the node longshot (in the bottom of the passive tree) increase the damage of spark the further it travels?
hello I am writing here because I do not know where to post my issue.
I just got kicked after beating Drox and it did not give me my atlas stone. in total I have been kicked twice and there is massive pausing in the game.

p.s LOL nevermind it gave it to me but thank you anyway.
Last edited by Zilla360 on Oct 25, 2020, 4:56:12 PM
Hi there!

I need way to trigger ON KILL in bossroom like Mino (no mobs).

One way I know is flask with two worms, but it is very tricky as they destroyed by my minions.

is there any other way to summon/create ENEMY creatures or trigger ON KILL without killing?
"
Aldonés wrote:
"
Hi, I have a question regarding linking both feeding frenzy and meatshield on skeletons. Since skeletons normally aggro anything in a wide range, would they still for example attack and have a chance to taunt if I a move far away? The only reason I want to link both at same time is for them to give me the feeding frenzy buff and act as a taunt mechanic at the same time againt bosses or when enemies get nar me since you can spawn them anywhere you want it's useful for drawing aggro from you or the rest of your minions and if they die is not a big issue. So my question is if they would still taunt and attack normally if I am far away.

Linking Feeding Frenzy + Meat Shield to any minion will cancel each other out. Whatever their default aggro range is is what they will have, and they will neither be aggressive nor defensive. Everything else the support gems do will remain.

Skeletons already have a further aggro range than FF grants and are naturally aggressive, so even if FF is linked to them they don’t benefit from the increased range stats, thus getting the dash bonus instead. With your setup they will definitely maintain the same range, but I can’t say 100% they will remain aggressive, though I believe they would.

You can also get minions have #% chance to taunt on hit from jewels, saving you an entire support gem. If you link FF to another minion (ie Golem), you still get the full damage bonus to skeletons, only losing the dash mechanic, too saving a support gem.

Hi sorry for late answer. Thanks for your answer, it is clear to me now that with my setup they remain with same aggro, they don't get the dash though, but they do taunt. Thing with chance to taunt on jewels is that is very little compared to the gem, hard to get or somewhat expensive and my only reason for wanting skellies to taunt is because my main damage come from baron zombies.
The spectres and skeletons are there for supporting, and skeletons for extra damage like the golem. I only link ff on skeletons on some boss fights where I want to swap ff for predator on my zombies so they don't aggro the boss right when I get on the arena and potentially get me killed.
I would try your option on jewels and maybe use the new quality blind gem on the skeletons but so far they work fine.
Thanks again.
"
Greyf24 wrote:
Hi there!

I need way to trigger ON KILL in bossroom like Mino (no mobs).

One way I know is flask with two worms, but it is very tricky as they destroyed by my minions.

is there any other way to summon/create ENEMY creatures or trigger ON KILL without killing?

Hi, you can equip an item like Speaker's Wreath which would make your minions unable to kill the worms unless they could ignite and then you use an igniting skill or a dot skill equiped on your swap weapon.

Otherwise than that if your minions do fire damage and can ignite maybe you could equipe them with elemental focus until you kill the worm but too slow.
Last edited by SingThisCorrosion on Oct 27, 2020, 2:06:31 PM
I've got a question about The Admiral unique body armour.

It has a modifier "Elemental Damage you Deal with Hits is Resisted by lowest Elemental Resistance instead".

Does this get inherited by traps/mines?

I'm currently using an arc miner where the "hit" procs Elemental Equilibrium, which would then give less resistance to cold and fire, so would each hit from mines proc EE, then subsequently take the unique modifier into account and do damage according to the lowest resistance?

It uses the term "you Deal", the same as EE, and mines proc EE as far as I can see, so I assume this works? It's hard to test this stuff without damage numbers/multiboxing/a training dummy!
Hello. My question is: what happend first: damage roll or damage conversion calculations?
It's interesting in interaction with "lucky" mechanics.

Example 1: I have only physical flat damage, fully converted to fire. And I have modifier "Elemental damage with hits is lucky" (The Fulcrum). Will my fire damage be lucky?

Example 2: I have only fire flat damage, fully converted to chaos. And I have modifier "Elemental damage with hits is lucky" (The Fulcrum). Will my chaos damage be lucky?
Last edited by trympyrym2 on Oct 27, 2020, 2:30:45 PM
And another "order of calculations" question. What happens first: application of "more/less Maximum/Minimum Physical Attack Damage" modifiers from Ryslatha's Coil or damage conversions?

Example: I have 100-200 flat physical damage, fully converted into fire. And i have 40% more maximum PAD and 40% less minimum PAD. Will i have 100-200 fire damage or 60-280? (with attack or course)
Last edited by trympyrym2 on Oct 28, 2020, 3:42:19 AM
"
I've got a question about The Admiral unique body armour.

It has a modifier "Elemental Damage you Deal with Hits is Resisted by lowest Elemental Resistance instead".

Does this get inherited by traps/mines?

I'm currently using an arc miner where the "hit" procs Elemental Equilibrium, which would then give less resistance to cold and fire, so would each hit from mines proc EE, then subsequently take the unique modifier into account and do damage according to the lowest resistance?

It uses the term "you Deal", the same as EE, and mines proc EE as far as I can see, so I assume this works? It's hard to test this stuff without damage numbers/multiboxing/a training dummy!
I have the same setup (Blazing Salvo instead of Arc, but also Admiral, EE and Mines, and also Cold Exposure from Frost Bomb) and it seems to work just fine. I haven't done back and forth comparison, but I think I'd notice if enemies had 100 more resistance than they should have. The general convention is that modifiers that apply to a skill's effect on enemies (Blind on hit, Wither on hit) work with traps, mines, and totems, but modifiers that don't specifically apply to enemies (create Consecrated Ground on hit, gain Arcane Surge on hit) do not.
"
trympyrym2 wrote:
Hello. My question is: what happend first: damage roll or damage conversion calculations?
It's interesting in interaction with "lucky" mechanics.

Example 1: I have only physical flat damage, fully converted to fire. And I have modifier "Elemental damage with hits is lucky" (The Fulcrum). Will my fire damage be lucky?

Example 2: I have only fire flat damage, fully converted to chaos. And I have modifier "Elemental damage with hits is lucky" (The Fulcrum). Will my chaos damage be lucky?
Damage conversion occurs before damage is rolled. So in this case, your phys-to-fire damage will be lucky, and your fire-to-chaos will not.
"
trympyrym2 wrote:
And another "order of calculations" question. What happens first: application of "more/less Maximum/Minimum Physical Attack Damage" modifiers from Ryslatha's Coil or damage conversions?

Example: I have 100-200 flat physical damage, fully converted into fire. And i have 40% more maximum PAD and 40% less minimum PAD. Will i have 100-200 fire damage or 60-280? (with attack or course)
Converted damage is affected by modifiers to damage dealt of its former types, so Ryslatha's Coil's modifier does apply here.
Last edited by ekaye on Oct 30, 2020, 10:03:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info