|||||| [2.5.2d] The Endless Retch (Updated 1/29 w/Temp League Guide!) ||||||

Just tried Chimera and got completely wrecked.

Once flasks are empty there's no way to stay alive against adds or his smokecloud phase.
My guess this build rely too much on legacy items to be viable in challenge leagues. (you sacrifice too much getting vaal pact and so on)

It's great and really fun in T1-T15 and on trash but when you can't fill flasks up on multi-phase bosses it's over.
Ingame @Hammarturken
Last edited by DaMightyTom on Jan 14, 2017, 3:06:56 PM
"
DaMightyTom wrote:

Once flasks are empty there's no way to stay alive against adds or his smokecloud phase.
My guess this build rely too much on legacy items to be viable in challenge leagues. (you sacrifice too much getting vaal pact and so on)

It's great and really fun in T1-T15 and on trash but when you can't fill flasks up on multi-phase bosses it's over.

I agree
I just tryed a boss like minautore in T16. The prob is not the survavibility but the flask, U can just use one time instead of legacy twice :l

I used all my portals to reload my vinktar and i died at 20% life boss because no portals anymore ^^
I think with some better flask management and a bit more dps... it would be good but there is the limit of this build in league. Shame.

Anyway this build is so Nice for farming in league but imo this is not the build for shaper/guardians. m gonna check what i can find for this xD

Edit : Killed the minotaur 5min ago 2 dead but i got him xD
Last edited by Grimzou on Jan 14, 2017, 6:10:20 PM
Well you can insta kill trash and farm like crazy with any cyclone + Atziri's Disfavour build. Also this build is kinda ok for t16 even without vikar.

Anyway they have nerfed vikar too much, atm this flask viable only for speed farm t1-15. Sad but true.
Last edited by GreenSubmarine on Jan 15, 2017, 10:45:28 AM
Hey, mind going over my character bringerofbloodyrain to see how I can further improve it. It's basically my attempt at a crit version with dual doryanis, but the damage feels strangely lacking against t15 bosses and the like. Not to mention that's while wearing abyssus. Basic stats are 6.5k life and a about 170k+ DPS in hideout with herald of ash and ice golem. Also using blasphemy assassin's mark for PC.

It is really powerful, and it definitely could be that what I feel lacking is due to me playing on a potato on a third world connection with tons of desynchronization, but I'd like to be sure just in case.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Jan 15, 2017, 5:17:26 PM
Should I use Taste of Hate or Dying Sun if not running Death's Door boots?
How do you get around ele reflect? I am finding that I just explode even with 81% resist all
Last edited by Bootown on Jan 15, 2017, 6:30:06 PM
"
Grimzou wrote:
question is what to sacrifice to got this skill point

thanks for your reply !

Ps : Did someone thought about this and made a tree for vaal pact ? ^^

There's no need to make a separate skill tree. Just pick 6 points somewhere on the tree and remove them to get Vaal Pact.

"
Grimzou wrote:
"
DaMightyTom wrote:

I agree
I just tryed a boss like minautore in T16. The prob is not the survavibility but the flask, U can just use one time instead of legacy twice :l

I used all my portals to reload my vinktar and i died at 20% life boss because no portals anymore ^^
I think with some better flask management and a bit more dps... it would be good but there is the limit of this build in league. Shame.

Anyway this build is so Nice for farming in league but imo this is not the build for shaper/guardians. m gonna check what i can find for this xD

Edit : Killed the minotaur 5min ago 2 dead but i got him xD

"
Well you can insta kill trash and farm like crazy with any cyclone + Atziri's Disfavour build. Also this build is kinda ok for t16 even without vikar.

Anyway they have nerfed vikar too much, atm this flask viable only for speed farm t1-15. Sad but true.

Agreed, this build is crippled in leagues but is still possible. Ultimately, see the build disclaimer.

"
Etherfire wrote:
Hey, mind going over my character bringerofbloodyrain to see how I can further improve it. It's basically my attempt at a crit version with dual doryanis, but the damage feels strangely lacking against t15 bosses and the like. Not to mention that's while wearing abyssus. Basic stats are 6.5k life and a about 170k+ DPS in hideout with herald of ash and ice golem. Also using blasphemy assassin's mark for PC.

It is really powerful, and it definitely could be that what I feel lacking is due to me playing on a potato on a third world connection with tons of desynchronization, but I'd like to be sure just in case.

The only thing you want to try is using Lion's Roar and replacing Dying Sun with Taste of Hate. Otherwise, 170k DPS in HO is more than I have, so you should be fine.

"
Pawko wrote:
Should I use Taste of Hate or Dying Sun if not running Death's Door boots?

IMO ToH > DS

"
Bootown wrote:
How do you get around ele reflect? I am finding that I just explode even with 81% resist all

I've always had enough life leech (with vinktar up) to completely ignore ele reflect, even on -max res maps. Is your experience different?
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
Edit: I re-read the whole post, noticed the Vaal Pact part. lol not sure how I missed that. I have not issues now. Thanks again for a super fun build :D
Last edited by Bootown on Jan 16, 2017, 1:05:14 AM
"
Grimzou wrote:
question is what to sacrifice to got this skill point

thanks for your reply !

Ps : Did someone thought about this and made a tree for vaal pact ? ^^

If you look at my tree I run Vaal
I just hit level 100 with The Endless Retch. Here was my variant of the build:

Opting for survivability over single-target damage, I made a few changes compared to the original build.

The first of which is my tree, which doesn't pick up the scion AoE, and also doesn't utilize warlord's reach jewel in order to fit in another 7% life jewel. With the HoA prolif, I still had absolutely crazy clear speed even with the slightly lower weapon range.

I also made the decision to run cwdt-IC, which resulted in me being unable to dual-curse with either flicker or vengeance, but made me feel confident against porcupines. Dakoos claims that the cyclone attack speed with vinktar brings you back up to full with each hit, so porcupines were never a problem for him, but I felt that making everything explode at once with HoA requires immortal call to be truly safe. You could still dual-curse if you were to disregard the leap slam + fortify and go movement speed only, but I never felt for a moment that I needed extra damage from curses doing T11-15 maps with every roll I had except ele reflect. I highly recommend changing the setup and dual-cursing for T16 guardians though. It trivializes the fight in comparison.

Another change I made was keeping an adrenaline roll on my quicksilver for the extra movespeed and clearspeed and using a basalt flask over lion's roar for shock protection. Even without the dual curse or lion's roar damage. I was still 1-shotting every pack and killing rares and bosses practically on accident. While this did result in faster xp/hr, it may have been a mistake due to the two deaths I had to volatiles even with 9000 life. The knockback on lion's roar may have prevented these deaths.

A smaller change for clear speed I also made was inc AoE on the HoA setup and ele weakness on blasphemy instead of hatred with no inc AoE. This is entirely personal preference and Dakoos' setup is likely better.
Concluding, I would highly recommend this build to anyone with currency to put it together. The time from 95-100 was only rivaled by my VMS elementalist build pre-xp nerf, and pre-elementalist nerf in Perandus. It outperforms my Cospri's discharger in both clear speed, general survivability, and single-target. Now that I've finished my goal of a duelist (slayer) level 100, I only have Scion remaining to have all of the classes at 100, so I will be selling off the gear used on this character. I was given permission by Dakoos to offer my gear for this build for sale to those who might be interested. PM me for offers/inquiries @ACruelSlayer in-game

~250ex

~180ex

Last edited by LoganChuzz on Jan 17, 2017, 11:02:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info