[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

@Archimtiros

I think dual strike is ok, but overall inferior to cleave. The melee splash radius is very poor and with dual strike, you actually have to target the enemy so it feels a lot more clunky to use.

Also, because you have to spend a support gem on melee splash, the damage from Cleave is actually higher since you get an extra support gem (Cleave + Melee Physical damage > Dual-Strike + Melee Splash)

Also you can't run melee physical damage in a Bringer of Rain setup, since Bringer of Rain already has the melee physical support gem.

I think Increased AoE is very crucial for the build since it increases clear speed by a lot, and additional DPS is unnecessary. I would just leave it as is.
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
Also you can't run melee physical damage in a Bringer of Rain setup, since Bringer of Rain already has the melee physical support gem.

Haha, good point, I don't know why I overlooked the free links.

Thanks for the response, just curious because I've seen similar builds using both Cleave (with Inc AoE) and Dual Strike (with Melee Splash).
@Archimtiros

Yeah no worries
I am currently level 79. Loving build so far. Good thing is explode doesn't reflect damage back as far as i see. But somehow i had more trouble in ele reflect than physical reflect even without hatred + HoA. Probably because of added fire gem.

Also my problem still exist. Spells like icestorm, lightning storm, residence dominus melts my whole hp in a second. I don't understand why... My EVA/Dodge trapper could facetank pretty much everything. I guess armor isn't really as effective as EVA/Dodge for defense.
"
akinunal1337 wrote:
I am currently level 79. Loving build so far. Good thing is explode doesn't reflect damage back as far as i see. But somehow i had more trouble in ele reflect than physical reflect even without hatred + HoA. Probably because of added fire gem.

Also my problem still exist. Spells like icestorm, lightning storm, residence dominus melts my whole hp in a second. I don't understand why... My EVA/Dodge trapper could facetank pretty much everything. I guess armor isn't really as effective as EVA/Dodge for defense.

Well thats because armour only works on phys damage, where your dodge could completely dodge the hard hitting spells.

My suggestion is just know the type of element the boss will be doing and bring a flask for that map, makes it somewhat easier.

I am level 77 and have had no trouble doing any boss so far (hardest i've done have been shock and horror, and the devourer in orchard).

Once my map pool gets higher I can try some harder bosses (sitting on t8/9 atm but have no residence)
@akinunal1337

Yeah I guess just carry around resistance flasks if needed and also carry around a conc. effect for hard bosses like dominus.

Concentrated effect multiplies your damage by 1.6 and it allows you to melt bosses really fast before they hit you. Also, try to stay mobile and leap or move around to avoid spells and you should be fine I guess. Try to hit 5k life in your next few levels.
Saw the video and have the sudden urge to go duelist; I mean, who doesn't wanna be a gladiator? Never thought cleave could be used that way, granted i'm lacking in experience and poe age. It always seemed like a very basic skill to me. This build has my attention, I might try it after wanting to play another toon after my current one. Thanks.
Last edited by Nitsujin on Mar 13, 2016, 11:00:47 AM
Hi man, great build, i'm looking forward to try this, i just have one question. What about hypothermia gem instead of added fire, could it work since enemies are always chilled because of soul taker and would there be noticeable dps difference?
Last edited by grindermann on Mar 13, 2016, 11:55:30 AM
@nitsujin

Haha thanks. Gl if you do try this build.

@grindermann

Hypothermia is a good support gem too, I think roughly similar to added fire. Only issue is some bosses are immune to chill and there are also maps where monsters can avoid status which can be quite annoying. It is up to you which one you try.
Thanx for the quick reply, i just used free respec and i'm enjoying your build, really fast paced, cant wait to beat the labyrinth for those gladiator explosions :D
Last edited by grindermann on Mar 13, 2016, 12:50:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info