[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

Time to test it on new event league. Any leveling tips except "grab item x/y and enjoy life"? :D
Do you have a PoB for this build?
I am emotionally & mentally drained through the sharking waters.
How do I deal with chaos? I'm at the point where I need to switch from Solaris Lorica to Victario's Influence, but given the lack of HP Regen and low chaos res I feel like I'm going to immediately die when I switch.
"
n4ru wrote:
How do I deal with chaos? I'm at the point where I need to switch from Solaris Lorica to Victario's Influence, but given the lack of HP Regen and low chaos res I feel like I'm going to immediately die when I switch.

Two options:
1) Shavronne's so doesn't bypass ES
2) Chaos resis capped. Check out my character if you'd like, it works insanely well with a ton of survivability, facetank Abaxoth etc.
I'm tempted to try out CI with this build in Incursion HC, maybe with something like Bated Breath? Pretty expensive to get Chaos Res and it would free up potential gear options.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I'd have to drop all my Blood Magic Auras though.
Last edited by n4ru on Aug 16, 2018, 2:22:15 AM
If you dont reserve Life, you loose a lot of Armour. A LOT.
"
Karunga wrote:
If you dont reserve Life, you loose a lot of Armour. A LOT.

Yeah, for now I'm resorting to Beast Fur Shawl with double Coruscating Elixirs. Probably won't be able to afford Shav's and not enough chaos res for Victario's, so I'm stuck with 7 auras atm. Playing on HC Flashback so it's much pricier.
Last edited by n4ru on Aug 23, 2018, 1:16:29 AM
So here's my Take:

Numberwise the Buffs to Guardian are nothing special for us Aurabots.
They enable a Melee-Summoner, which is cool, but we arent that - we just dont have enought Sockets for this; or Passives.

So as the pure Numbers go the Scion has still an Edge in my opinion as 72% additional Haste is hard to argument against.
That beeing Said the new Amulets seem really interesting, and the Guardian has a very early Power-curve, is more defensive and is probably a little more solid for to Skip Chayulas and use the new Amulets.

All in All both will be fine I think.
Guardian a little weaker Damage wise but is cheaper to gear.
Ascendant fine for Endgame Min/Maxing but doesnt do anything untill you get Cruel Ascendancy.

Also in both cases (dont know if I adapted this in both guides):
Put your Purity's back in the Helmet. We need the Resists to
1) not die to Uberelder and
2) free Up important Gearslots to focus on Chaos Resist.

Lets talk about Smite:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201550

Hitting with Smite gives you an Aura, that gives Additional Lightning Damage.
The Aura works for you and your Allies - that includes Minions of corse and the Gem has the Aura Tag.

So if im not mistaken hitting with that Attack gives you what can only be discribed as "an additional Wrath (lvl 19). Keep in Mind you can increase that with + to Melee Skill Gems.
The Gem having the Auratag also indicated, that the Lightning Aura will be subject to all our increases on Area/Effect. Possibly even Generosity.

So im not Saying that you should put this into your Victarios Influence and link Smite+Wrath with Empower.
I repeat: IM NOT SAYING THAT.
Last edited by Karunga on Aug 30, 2018, 2:52:12 AM
Are you missing the passive tree?
"
Newthezone wrote:
Are you missing the passive tree?

Homepage doesnt support the new Skilltree yet.
Its basically the same though, the patch changes nothing for our pathing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info