3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
Zanzibar wrote:
is there a reason why you chose dual strike as your primary offensive skill? will other skills like lacerate work as well?

lacerate has attack speed penalty, it works good while leveling.
dual strike is perfect skill for this build because it's only one that uses both weapons and has attack speed bonus from quality. also leap slam+dual strike works much better with bloodlust/voidheart.
Hi Hi.
New question.
Should I get hp point on tree first or damage?
I'm level 83 now.
My hp is 5391 now,and I was killed by uber Izaro by one hit 5 mins ago.
So I start to think about that.
This is the passive tree I'm using now.
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/O4I

And this is what I want to change.
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/O4H

The second one can get 237% hp,the first one only get 188% hp.

Which one is necessary and I should get it first? The hp or the damage?
Hi, if you could change bringer of rain for for a helmet + armour what gear would you choose?
and why bringer of rain is so much better?
Bringer of Rain is INCREDIBLE even though it doesn't come off as a very defensive solutions.

BoR offers
1. a crap ton of life
2. offers almost as much block as an actual shield (legacy)
3. offers multiple gems inside the helmet allowing you to have one main skill (dual strike) to achieve more than a 6L armor can offer
4. adds a LOT of raw damage
5. with iron reflexes keystone passive, it actually offers more armor than most chestpieces since armor and evasion combine as pure armor

My build doesn't need armor. It needs health and leech and APS. I explained this synergy in my guide :D

SYNERGY
Health pool prevents 1 hits
Leech refills health so he can tank
APS increases rate of leeching

Basically by attacking as fast as you possibly can you create perfect defense via leech. This means armor doesn't matter. If you do not die in 1 hit you will not die so long as you are leeching fast enough. This is what the Bringer of Rain does, it allows dual strike to be so powerful (essentially in the helm dual strike is a 7L beating any 6L armor) that attacking is a better defense than skirting enemies avoiding damage.

Without the BoR this build is virtually impossible. I've tested and tried everything.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
Occultsaga wrote:
Hi, if you could change bringer of rain for for a helmet + armour what gear would you choose?
and why bringer of rain is so much better?

Don't change the BoR. Nothing comes close to it. The best armors and helms in the game don't benefit my build. Switching the helm will only ruin your chances of survival.

I've tried every helm in the game and the only ones that seemed to be even mediocre were Abyssus (suicide) and Devoto's (downsides to it). No armor in the game can make up the lost health and 7L effect BoR offers, so even a 6L Belly of the Beast your health will drop.

Plus the BoR offers 15% block for legacy variants, which basically is a shield.

BoR mimics a 7L armor, it is a shield, allows dual wielding craziness with less drawbacks, offers more health than the next 5 best items in the game combined, grants a slew of other bonuses.
"
tenninex wrote:
Hi Hi.
New question.
I'm level 83 now.
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/O4I

Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/O4H

Great links, I appreciate how concise you were in your post.

Go for health, no doubt about it. Block does very little without the health pool you'll need running high tier maps. At some point you may even forget to use your block potions and still not even notice that they are almost unnecessary so long as you are leeching fast. Pretty much at your level if something can 1 hit you then you'll want to block, but you'd still be playing dice with your life and likely won't be tanking anyway. Leech all the way bruddah and high health is my dude's #1 defense for sure.
"

You wrote a lot and I read it all. It was pretty painful to read all ofthat but I try to be supportive of new players and their exploration of build decisions. That being said:

Why keep melee splash? Because leech x multiple enemies, because clear speed is instantaneous, because APS effectiveness, because iPDPS, because it makes auras work on entire mobs, because because because so many reasons haha.

Melee splash has a synergy with the ENTIRE setup. When you get to a higher level, without melee splash this build would have never made it past T12. And Ancestral Warchief is cool and all, but it's there only to add DPS to you, not to kill as it dies instantly in any serious fight.

Hope this helps!

Sorry, I guess I type pretty fast and I'm just a stream of consciousness type of guy. Thanks for your answers! I'm sure I have a lot to learn yet; good to know it won't work well later on. I'll maybe have to re-adjust my skill gems.
"
triwesterki wrote:
"
Zanzibar wrote:
is there a reason why you chose dual strike as your primary offensive skill? will other skills like lacerate work as well?

lacerate has attack speed penalty, it works good while leveling.
dual strike is perfect skill for this build because it's only one that uses both weapons and has attack speed bonus from quality. also leap slam+dual strike works much better with bloodlust/voidheart.

You're welcome to test everything! I am the type that believes two heads are better than one, that's why when Soup popped up as a talented dual striker I found that my build was fine tuned leaps and bounds faster than ever I could accomplish alone!! Lots of people in the last 24 hours have been speculating on variations of gear for my build but he's very inflexible sadly. It boils down to needing to spend soooooooooooooo many passives on health, APS and reaching vaal pact just to be able to survive every possible heavy hit that bosses dish out. I found that his ability to use dual strike effectively limited him to only the bringer of rain helm...which means no chestpiece...which means using gloves and boots and rings to reach all that extra health, res and stat requirements. Very hard to deal with! But his glory is absolute because although he is hard to gear, in 3 years GGG patches have had no negative effect on him, unlike other builds. So every patch he became more powerful, faster, stronger, and now he's perfect.

The only full melee build as of this reply to even kill Shaper. I'd say he doesn't need any improvements really til new content brings new passives or gear to augment him further. As of patch 2.4 there's really nothing left to do. Soup and I spend a probably 10+ hours each week collaborating on our dual striker so if anything pops up you can expect this thread to update only moments later, as I tend to update multiple times per day.
"
tenninex wrote:
Hi Hi.
New question.
I'm level 83 now.
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/O4I

Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/O4H

5k life for lvl 83 is enough good. if you're going for "aspect of carnage" you will get 10% increased damage, hard to balance between attack speed, life, good items with less then 110 points on tree. depends on items but mostly i want to use this skill tree on lvl90
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/O8K
then try uber lab.
sometimes uber Izaro one shots me with 8k life.
let me know your lvl when you get last 2 ascendancy points
Last edited by triwesterki on Oct 24, 2016, 8:09:49 AM
banana

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info