3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
Buzzysion wrote:
Hi, Im kinda new to the game so I'm confused about something, in the leveling strategies part it says that around lvl 55 I should decide on Axes vs Swords. I would like to go axes but the next recommended weapon is the Ichimonji, so I feel like going for the axes damage is kind of a waste.

Does this matter or should I just use the Ichimonjis anyway? is there another weapon I could use?
I've also seen that you can 'craft' a good weapon by finding a good base and then adding stuff in the hideout and playing with currencies to get better stats, should I try that?

Also one more thing, also in the leveling strategies part it says that Kaom's boots are not worth more thatn 10c but in poe.trade I can't find one for less than 19c, and if I want one with 200 hp the price goes to something like 40c. Is this price up to date? or maybe the price is bigger in the non standard league idk much about that stuff.

Obviously don't get swords if you want to go axes. Axes are a bit cheaper than swords though, so get close to 300 physical dps axes and then save for a Soul Taker. Crafting your own weapon requires a lot of knowledge of the game to do, I wouldn't suggest it until you watch some videos and have a lot of currency saved. I never bother with crafting except to marginally improve things I find once in a while.

And yes, Kaom's Roots are more pricey this league, unfortunately. The guide does need updated and Umbra is AWOL. I may just remake the guide from the ground up, but I should probably wait til I have a Shaper vid with the new VP.
One more thing, I found this pasive skill in the tree that is not in the old tree so I guess its new, is it any good for this build?
https://imgur.com/a/pBG0B
Last edited by Buzzysion on Dec 14, 2017, 4:47:54 PM
"
Buzzysion wrote:
One more thing, I found this pasive skill in the tree that is not in the old tree so I guess its new, is it any good for this build?

It's part of the build, but was recently moved from way up between Ranger and Shadow near where Void Barrier is.
"
kellewic wrote:
"
Buzzysion wrote:

It's part of the build, but was recently moved from way up between Ranger and Shadow near where Void Barrier is.

Yep just noticed that
"
Buzzysion wrote:
"
kellewic wrote:
"
Buzzysion wrote:

Yep just noticed that

Wait so having Vaal Pact changed place is it still worth to branch off into the right side of the tree like that? I'm under the impression that it was done like that to get Pact and the stuff around was just efficient to get.

There is a lot of interesting stuff in the lower side of the tree especially for axes. Things like Splitting Strikes, Hatchet Master, Ambidexterity, Blade Barrier, Hematophagy. There is not a lot of max life around there to get tho.
"
Buzzysion wrote:

Wait so having Vaal Pact changed place is it still worth to branch off into the right side of the tree like that? I'm under the impression that it was done like that to get Pact and the stuff around was just efficient to get.

There is a lot of interesting stuff in the lower side of the tree especially for axes. Things like Splitting Strikes, Hatchet Master, Ambidexterity, Blade Barrier, Hematophagy. There is not a lot of max life around there to get tho.

I think you're partially right about some of those nodes being efficient since there are big life clusters over on that side like a 10% + 2x 5% or 8% with 2x 4% and those not only add life, but your max life pool determines how much you can leech. Also, many of those life nodes come with extras like evasion, life on kill, strength (giving even more flat life), and physical damage. The life nodes in Marauder give life/armor usually and armor is kind of crappy for big hits since it can only ever mitigate a max of 10% your armor value - so 10k armor can only mitigate 1k of damage - even though your character sheet might say 50% physical damage reduction, for a 5k damage hit, you won't mitigate 2.5k of damage via armor alone.

Plus on that side, we capture some nice inc attack speed + phys damage combo nodes which gives us more damage and the high APS needed to leech quickly and constantly and as a bonus a little bit of extra block to add to the base 15% dual wield gives us. I like block the best over armor/evade since it mitigates 100% (even ailments). Right now, I have a 25% block chance, which is pretty respectable given this build doesn't focus on it.

If you don't have Path of Building, definitely go download it and check it out. It will let you mess around with any version of the tree you want and compare how each works (https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding)
I've run this build in the past, so to answer some basic build path questions, my keys to leveling quickly for me were as follows:

Level 6 - Screaming Eagle - chance to flee doesn't really proc often enough when something lives to warrant concern over that part of the item. The outright dps and 1.4 aps is good enough to utilize. Adding the princess sabre at level 10 will give you the two weapons you need until 20.

Level 20 - I was still wearing no chest piece and running the screaming eagle in one hand and a brightbeak in the other, had zero damage issues with R-G-R Ancestral Call - Dual Strike - Melee Splash. spent 2c to get the extra 12 pdps rating out of it (1c for the basic min roll 81-82 pdps version if you are on poverty run).

Level 28 - Lakishu's turns the same 3 link from before into a 4 link, and scales dps considerably.

I am now at roughly level 44 with no major upgrades to speak of outside of some dirt cheap uniques that were either guild stashed or 1alch or under on the open market. I think the grind from 44 to 58 or 59 is possible with lakishu's blade and bright beak, but i am planning on making a 2-3c investment on a weapon that is 1.6+ aps and provides more upside so i can focus on taking in more health nodes. To each his own here, you have to probably start playing more safe with what you jump into with leap slam if you choose to not upgrade.

I can't speak for sword users, but siege axes become available to the axe version of this build at 59, so save the majority of the currency for that. This build is definitely friendly enough early to get away with 3c or less used to get through the original first 4 acts in about 3 hours with little resistance

The big issue for me is HP, HP, and HP. you need to focus HP while leveling after getting the core damage items at level 28 in this build to ensure your safety through the first lab and the first 40 levels. The most expensive non-weapon i have is a goldrim during the leveling phase (2-3c at absolute most). The APS rule for axes while leveling really isn't in play as you are sustaining using pots rather than leach until reaching some of the nodes and lab. My preference with splash ac and multistrike from lakishu is to simply get that burst damage in so everything else can fire off with enough 'pop' to clean most of the packs up. It becomes exponentially more important as the build progresses.

Will update when i get through the story and into mapping, in case anyone else starts up mid season
Last edited by FurySK on Dec 17, 2017, 2:34:16 PM
"
Early gear that is sold on POE.trade can be bought for almost free because the gear is nearly worthless past a certain level. It's shady, but when you go on POE.trade intentionally enter the trade screen with the seller and undercut the sale and click accept. He may cancel but most actually don't for early level gear being sold by high level characters. I've done this since my days in Diablo 2. It's quite effective.

I don't care how good this build is, I am not going to try this. It doesn't matter that this might be the other person's fault for not checking the trade offer, but you should not promote this. I find this horrible and will avoid all your guides in the future.

Chao.
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
Can y adaptive this build for 3.1 patch?
Mmm, still love this build!

One question tho, when I first played this there was only the axes option. Now that I return to this build, I see the swords option. Can you tell me what's the difference between the two? (I could check the forum posts but who has the time to check over 180 pages of comments...)

All I know is that the axe option, with Soul Taker, gives free skills, and that's it.
Last edited by sqvirel on Dec 28, 2017, 5:44:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info