3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
trungtiu wrote:
hi, ty for nice build. I have some question:
what is pantheon you use ?
and i dont use bloodlust, what is the best gem i should have for 6 link?
Can you see my character on pob and help me what do i have to change ?
my id: trungtiu
character name: supersaiyankame

thank you very much :D

Dude your gear is kinda epic, those rings with aps are so sweet, but I think you still could get some more hp rings, like 90+, and all other gear is really nice tho
Last edited by pashkudas on Sep 14, 2017, 4:04:40 PM
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
kellewic wrote:
I've been waiting to post until I've had a chance to play this badass into the 70s. Only now am I having any trouble at all. I haven't played since early/mid 2014 so it's been interesting getting back up to speed. Been back about a month now and it's coming back to me.

This is a great build; absolutely love it. Granted, I did have a stash full of shit to choose from when I started. I rolled with dual Aurumvorax Rapiers probably until maybe level 60 when I replaced one with a 1.8x APS fancy foil I made. Now I have dual 1.9x APS jeweled foils I made - big difference. I think the resists on the rapiers helped a lot early on since with two of them it pushed me well over the 75% cap so helped with lack of speed against elemental damage.

I keep swapping out curses I use with CWDT but Punishment has been with me for a while and the buff is pretty much up all the time. The Increased Duration I have in there is probably not as useful as it was before since everything just kind of melts - especially if I pop Abyssal Cry. Still playing around with the gem setup.

Tried buying a few upgrades, but getting anyone selling anything on poe.trade to even answer has been a chore. So I found/made what I have excepting the uniques which I already had in my stash.

Did a map the other day and I think I was getting cold crit striked to death since I kept freezing. Probably need to work on those resistances to help there.

Looking for some suggestions on anything. Are my weapons, hat, armor good enough for 70s? Most everything else I've been wearing for probably 20 levels so definitely need some attention there. Gems good? Passives?

Thanks!

Yes, by 72 you need to replace ALL that gear. Get Kaom's Roots asap and never be frozen again, but yeah, you're wearing super low gear. If money is an issue, buy 2 Ichimonji swords, they are cheap and super fast and high dps, should only be a couple chaos each. If you have currency, get some 300+- phys dps swords, and search 1.9+ aps. You will see a MASSIVE damage boost.

Life and resists are priority on jewelry and belts, get those stacked and worry about phys damage later. Gloves at least need attack speed in addition to life.

Have a read through the guide again, lots to improve on and you'll be wrecking maps like they're nothing.

Been logging in all week on and off to catch people online. Picked up some new gloves (had to level to wear them), a new belt, and sword. And yeah, once I got the sword... omfg, mobs just melt. Also not sure it's a leap slam any more - more like a teleport slam.

Still searching poe.trade to upgrade more items and find another comparable weapon.

The build definitely makes more sense to me once I got the high dps, fast weapon. I think before I was trying to make up for having shitty dps.
"
trungtiu wrote:

how did you get those enchants on kaom boots'
Oh btw just downed SHAPER for the first time haha!! :D Kinda late but, I did it, not perfectly, but I did it ! :D Thanks Umbra@Rogue!

EDIT -- Oh and I survived two of his ground slams, so ezzz tankable shaper with 8k hp xD
Last edited by pashkudas on Sep 14, 2017, 7:08:07 PM
"
pashkudas wrote:
Oh btw just downed SHAPER for the first time haha!! :D Kinda late but, I did it, not perfectly, but I did it ! :D Thanks Umbra@Rogue!

EDIT -- Oh and I survived two of his ground slams, so ezzz tankable shaper with 8k hp xD

Grats dude! Another shaper killer in our ranks!
"
"
Philkingz wrote:
"
Maim support gem should NEVER be used in your Dual Strike setup, it should be used on totem or leap slam to add the debuff of 'takes increased physical damage' to the monsters.

"
I don't think he meant use it in Dual Strike brah, gem clearly offers no benefit in dual strike

29% more physical damage does sound "beneficial" to me, especially when you do not use cleave, sword-crit or fullphysical. Even with the totem inflicting the "increased damage taken"-debuff for you, maim-support still delievers a 29% more multiplier. No conc-effect, no brutality. So what is left over? I see you having "faster attacks" in PoB, but it is just an additive 44% to your already high sum of IaS. If you cant take conc-effect or bloodlust or brutality, i see no reason to go for faster attacks.
The highest DPS-output for non crit build would be:
DS-brutality-meelphys-ruthless-multistrike-bloodlust without bloodlust, it would be maim.

Tell me if im wrong.

Another question: In your first PoB link you have checked "enemy is shocked" in PoB? Is there anything i oversee how this build is able to shock a guardian/shaper for 50% intensity or was this a pre 3.0 link?

edit: Im refering to the acmetri-link your featuring: https://pastebin.com/HfDSVTJw

You're wrong for one reason
APS is survival. Dropping Faster Attacks is suicide and the DPS gains are marginal when you throw away 1/4 of your leeching ability.

Rogue and Acmetri will have to defend their POB's and pastebins. It's easy to make mistakes with one click on a check box man. I can say you're not likely to get many good responses coming off so confrontational. Maim is not an acceptable gem, not compared to the others that we do use but you're free to test it out for yourself at your own risk. There is always a brainy kid who likes to compare numbers to all of the combined experience of my dual striking team, perhaps you should take your own words with a grain of salt.

Rogue, would you like to say a few words? This kid seems like he knows his stuff lol

1. Giving up Faster Attacks is unacceptable. The fewer milliseconds between your leeching the better.
2. Maim would only ever be considered as a 6th socket gem, but it is worse dps than both Bloodlust and Brutality, by far, depending on your set up. Added Fire shows as better in game for my current character, but not in PoB, strangely enough.
3. Maim provides the debuff 'Enemies maimed by supported skills take x% increased physical damage', which is the only reason it's in our set up at all. This debuff is applied just as easily by your totem or Leap Slam, so counting it in your dps in PoB is silly.

Bloodlust is just a monstrous increase over everything else. If you're doing easy maps and are zipping through and never putting down totem, go ahead and use Maim as your 6th link instead of Bloodlust, that way the Maim debuff will always be on as well. I may try that myself. On bosses, Bloodlust is the clear winner, except possibly in the Minotaur fight, since totem and golem both die so fast that Bloodlust won't stay active.

Also, the only reliable way I can find to keep a boss shocked is Vaal Lightning Trap, which is certainly worth some research. For general mapping, this would be easy, but general mapping is always pretty easy. For Shaper though, you'd have to gather enough souls between phases and be very precise with the trap timing to utilize the full duration and enjoy that sweet shock damage.

Another interesting item is Belt of the Deceiver, if you gear for it, you could take smaller hits, and the 'nearby enemies are intimidated' is a fair boost to damage and always on. This stacks with the Maim debuff that does the same thing, so it's not quite 10%.

Always good to have a reason to go back to theorycrafting in PoB, it keeps me interested in the game.
"
roguemjb wrote:

1. Giving up Faster Attacks is unacceptable. The fewer milliseconds between your leeching the better.
2. Maim would only ever be considered as a 6th socket gem, but it is worse dps than both Bloodlust and Brutality, by far, depending on your set up. Added Fire shows as better in game for my current character, but not in PoB, strangely enough.
3. Maim provides the debuff 'Enemies maimed by supported skills take x% increased physical damage', which is the only reason it's in our set up at all. This debuff is applied just as easily by your totem or Leap Slam, so counting it in your dps in PoB is silly.

Bloodlust is just a monstrous increase over everything else. If you're doing easy maps and are zipping through and never putting down totem, go ahead and use Maim as your 6th link instead of Bloodlust, that way the Maim debuff will always be on as well. I may try that myself. On bosses, Bloodlust is the clear winner, except possibly in the Minotaur fight, since totem and golem both die so fast that Bloodlust won't stay active.

Also, the only reliable way I can find to keep a boss shocked is Vaal Lightning Trap, which is certainly worth some research. For general mapping, this would be easy, but general mapping is always pretty easy. For Shaper though, you'd have to gather enough souls between phases and be very precise with the trap timing to utilize the full duration and enjoy that sweet shock damage.

Another interesting item is Belt of the Deceiver, if you gear for it, you could take smaller hits, and the 'nearby enemies are intimidated' is a fair boost to damage and always on. This stacks with the Maim debuff that does the same thing, so it's not quite 10%.

Always good to have a reason to go back to theorycrafting in PoB, it keeps me interested in the game.

thanks Rogue, this ^
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
trungtiu wrote:

hey friend, so glad for your support! Nothing but fellow strikers here! Read my gem section, there are two options- Bruthless Striker and Ruthless Void striker to pick from, one uses Voidheart and the other uses Brutality+Ruthless Blows. Very well explained. I'd do little justice to the writing Rogue spent on that section!

~Umbra

P.S. SOUP MIGHT BE JOINING POE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOUP MIGHT BE COMING BACK!!!! CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
trungtiu wrote:

Pantheon I like is Solaris, the 6% is great against bosses and the Lady Stormflay is great too, capture her quick, only 1 crit every 4 seconds.

For minor I use Tukohama, easy 8% reduction against bosses again, though Gruthkul is okay and Yugul is good if you still get hurt by reflect.

I can't find the write up I did on the guide lol, Umbra point it out please
"
pashkudas wrote:
Dude your gear is kinda epic, those rings with aps are so sweet, but I think you still could get some more hp rings, like 90+, and all other gear is really nice tho

"
hey friend, so glad for your support! Nothing but fellow strikers here! Read my gem section, there are two options- Bruthless Striker and Ruthless Void striker to pick from, one uses Voidheart and the other uses Brutality+Ruthless Blows. Very well explained. I'd do little justice to the writing Rogue spent on that section!

~Umbra

P.S. SOUP MIGHT BE JOINING POE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOUP MIGHT BE COMING BACK!!!! CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!

thank you guys :D

"
Karibean12 wrote:
how did you get those enchants on kaom boots'

you can buy noncorupt kaom boots and enchant it or buy a same enchant in trade :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info