3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
pankyghost wrote:
How are u lvling if dual strike not aoe? What skill should i use for lvl?

Updated GEAR section, early leveling gear added. Will be adding one more except I cannot for the life of me find the Lakishu Elegant Sword, it has a built in multistrike
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 6, 2017, 5:39:40 AM
Can someone please update the Training section? PoePlanner links are all not working.
Hi, i have a question, why are you using hatred + herald of ash if dont have effect + bloodlust? (sorry im dont speak english and maybe y miss something)
"
weavile22 wrote:
Stupid question, but how do you kill packs with this build? Dual strike is single target only.

Not the build author but here's my experience. So first off with this build dual strike becomes aoe using the threshold jewel Might and Influence and the gem multistrike. Both are found through leveling, multistrike in Act 4 and the jewel in Act 5. Rogue mentioned that leveling may be a bit tough at first so he's still using cleave however I've been using the dual strike setup since lvl 30 something (was impatient and bought jewel off someone) and I can tell you I'm doing just fine using strike exclsuviely as main attack. Obviously drop Warchief totem down when fight bosses, tough harbingers, tough rares etc. If trying swords make sure you have whirling blades to speed things along from pack to pack (using leap slam+axes myself). Can check my character out if want but it's far far from anywhere near optimized.
I'm also still using the pre-brutality aura package of Herald of Ash+Hatred as I don't have good phys axes yet and the dps is higher for now. Am leveling brutality and other gems for the transition too. Also Rogue or Umbra, what auras will be ran with Soul Taker since hatred and heralds won't work with brutality?
Last edited by InorganicApex on Aug 6, 2017, 10:58:25 AM
So, now without HoA and Hatred i think a blasphemy+Warlods or another curse is the most reliable option?
can you update gems +links section in a more convenient form. Add pls gems for leveling, full list of gems etc..
"
raiderpoecc wrote:
So, now without HoA and Hatred i think a blasphemy+Warlods or another curse is the most reliable option?

Warlord's curse is unreliable later in game when mapping
Never used blasphemy, maybe it'd make Warlord more reliable. Not worth testing in my opinion with all the other things you could use
~Umbra
"
lordgold wrote:
can you update gems +links section in a more convenient form. Add pls gems for leveling, full list of gems etc..

lol

I updated it last night. Until testing is done there's nothing more I can write to make it better on your precious eyes lol I'm always glad to cater to those who are so polite
"
raiderpoecc wrote:

In my 3.0 updates, I wrote all elemental auras, elemental pots and elemental gems have been utterly dropped from dual strike and that I am even considering a new sword / axe build that has mana techniques to drop soul taker as well since we will have a mana pool.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 6, 2017, 5:28:40 PM
"
InorganicApex wrote:
"
weavile22 wrote:
Stupid question, but how do you kill packs with this build? Dual strike is single target only.

Not the build author but here's my experience. So first off with this build dual strike becomes aoe using the threshold jewel Might and Influence and the gem multistrike. Both are found through leveling, multistrike in Act 4 and the jewel in Act 5. Rogue mentioned that leveling may be a bit tough at first so he's still using cleave however I've been using the dual strike setup since lvl 30 something (was impatient and bought jewel off someone) and I can tell you I'm doing just fine using strike exclsuviely as main attack. Obviously drop Warchief totem down when fight bosses, tough harbingers, tough rares etc. If trying swords make sure you have whirling blades to speed things along from pack to pack (using leap slam+axes myself). Can check my character out if want but it's far far from anywhere near optimized.
I'm also still using the pre-brutality aura package of Herald of Ash+Hatred as I don't have good phys axes yet and the dps is higher for now. Am leveling brutality and other gems for the transition too. Also Rogue or Umbra, what auras will be ran with Soul Taker since hatred and heralds won't work with brutality?

Umbra here, my leveling section shows you how to get both Multistrike and AoE of the Melee Splash right off the bat when you are able to equip Dual Strike (with obvious mana control techniques to accomodate a good DPS setup).

In my GEAR section you can see early gear which gives you mana control to use Melee Splash gem with free multistrike and so all you have to do is control mana leech to accommodate as many gems as you can in a 5L before you equip Bringer of Rain or Belly of Beast+Rare Helm and the Melee Splash jewel.

Arctic Armor will be used since it gives defensive bonuses. As for other auras, the verdict is wayyyyyyy out there for the time being. Auras have not been very useful in the past.

We are considering possibly using only Arctic Armor then whatever we can cast with low intelligence with the freed mana pool, that way we can drop soul taker to give the build a lot more flexibility. This will take a lot of testing.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 6, 2017, 5:57:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info