3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Build looks SICK! playing it in the beta right now. Question however... how does this build really do for clearing maps for farming purposes? anything you would swap out? maybe use a different skill? or does it hold up ok? Clear Speed Wise
"
ZackRichartz wrote:
Build looks SICK! playing it in the beta right now. Question however... how does this build really do for clearing maps for farming purposes? anything you would swap out? maybe use a different skill? or does it hold up ok? Clear Speed Wise

No no, just gear up and tank everything really. Sometimes the lab can be annoying with Vaal Pact since the traps do a crap ton of your health by percentage and ignore any defenses you have, but that annoyance applies to all Vaal Pact users. Just have 5 health pots for traps and swap back to normal pots prior to Izaro. Other than that for your entire playthrough you simply use the same gear at all times once you are high enough level to equip them. You have some options for budget, mid gear and epic gear but it's really just the same gear that is legacy and non-legacy variants and all build options are t16 tankable and Shaper capable, as seen in videos if you like to see it before you dive in.

Hope you have fun! And remember that playing like you're trying to commit assisted suicide is how this build survives, playing it safe and skirting enemies gets you killed so throw out those nasty POE survival habits that other builds have to use before you commit to this and prepare for excessive amounts of gore.

~Umbra
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Playing this in beta atm, plays quite well and im able to face tank most things. Using sunder as the main attack since Dual strikes AoE is horrible for map clearing compared to sunder. Level 81 and going strong, only thing ive had real trouble with is uber lab, izaro can 1 shot me through my 5.8k life and a basalt flask.

Tried him with cleave + fortify jewel to try mitigate some more damage but still resulted in a 1 shot. Kinda sucks but hey ill get better gear since mine kind of sucks atm.

Good build.
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Playing this in beta atm, plays quite well and im able to face tank most things. Using sunder as the main attack since Dual strikes AoE is horrible for map clearing compared to sunder. Level 81 and going strong, only thing ive had real trouble with is uber lab, izaro can 1 shot me through my 5.8k life and a basalt flask.

Tried him with cleave + fortify jewel to try mitigate some more damage but still resulted in a 1 shot. Kinda sucks but hey ill get better gear since mine kind of sucks atm.

Good build.

Izaro can one shot people with 6500 life, my build needs high life pool which can be acquired via high life gear or grinding extra levels. With good axes his clear speed is insta-mob death t16 corrupted modded maps so he does require more investment in gear and levels depending in what gear you begin with. He is for more advanced players who know how to wiggle around such details but I've seen most people who love him and follow my guide rip this game to shreds. You are probably dying because you deviated from my guide, as my dual striker relies on the insane APS of dual strike for survival and DPS has always been more of an afterthought for later game.

Concentrate on killing mobs and bosses slower with lower DPS of dual strike but with that ridiculous speed and higher life pool I rely on for instant leech. Rings with 70+ life, bringer of rain helm, kaom's boots and your life pool will crank to 7500 before too long even with budget non legacy gear. Use a Rumi block pot to cover gaps in leech, it saves lives.

As people with my budget build can take on Shaper with care I strongly suggest you make a return to true dual striking. There's a reason why he uses dual strike and not cleave, for example.
"
"
bitbite11 wrote:

Good build.

Izaro can one shot people with 6500 life, my build needs high life pool which can be acquired via high life gear or grinding extra levels. With good axes his clear speed is insta-mob death t16 corrupted modded maps so he does require more investment in gear and levels depending in what gear you begin with. He is for more advanced players who know how to wiggle around such details but I've seen most people who love him and follow my guide rip this game to shreds. You are probably dying because you deviated from my guide, as my dual striker relies on the insane APS of dual strike for survival and DPS has always been more of an afterthought for later game.

Concentrate on killing mobs and bosses slower with lower DPS of dual strike but with that ridiculous speed and higher life pool I rely on for instant leech. Rings with 70+ life, bringer of rain helm, kaom's boots and your life pool will crank to 7500 before too long even with budget non legacy gear. Use a Rumi block pot to cover gaps in leech, it saves lives.

As people with my budget build can take on Shaper with care I strongly suggest you make a return to true dual striking. There's a reason why he uses dual strike and not cleave, for example.

I am planning on using dual strike on high tier maps, atm on tier 6-7 maps that I am currently running, its not worth losing the clear speed since sunder takes cares of everything. I deviated a bit but I feel that I am experienced enough to play it with success.

The leech is insane and I can face tank any boss so far (not sure if you have played beta but bosses are far tankier and thus the fights are much longer).

As I said, Uber izaro has been the only thing able to kill me, merciless is easily face tankable and quite laughable. I currently have the BoR and Kaoms roots, my jewellery and axes are terrible atm since in beta is it quite hard to come by good jewellery at the moment (also prices are crazy).

I have heaps of levels to get still though so my life will easily reach the levels needed. Just need to map some more and work on it !
"
bitbite11 wrote:
"
"
bitbite11 wrote:

Good build.

I am planning on using dual strike on high tier maps, atm on tier 6-7 maps that I am currently running, its not worth losing the clear speed since sunder takes cares of everything. I deviated a bit but I feel that I am experienced enough to play it with success.

The leech is insane and I can face tank any boss so far (not sure if you have played beta but bosses are far tankier and thus the fights are much longer).

As I said, Uber izaro has been the only thing able to kill me, merciless is easily face tankable and quite laughable. I currently have the BoR and Kaoms roots, my jewellery and axes are terrible atm since in beta is it quite hard to come by good jewellery at the moment (also prices are crazy).

I have heaps of levels to get still though so my life will easily reach the levels needed. Just need to map some more and work on it !

Clear speed is like comparing an Solid State Drive to a Hard Disk Drive on a computer, they both load programs and store data but although one is technically slower it has much more capacity per gigabyte. Dual strike is like that, it offers more capacity for leech with less DPS but it won't fail you. Soup tested Cleave extensively and rejected it for lower survivability. Every single person I've ever talked to who deviated from my build all struggled or failed utterly over the years. I'm betting your gear and passives are different enough to suspect the deviation to be the cause of death.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 6, 2017, 9:49:21 PM
what are your thoughts on using bladeflurry with swords instead of axes and dual strike?
One other question Umbra,

What is the suggested links for dual strike as i go from 3 link to 6 link. Leveling up wise.
Also have u had anytime or put any thought into what the setup might be now in beta with the new support gems?

Thanks for helping us out here and answering these questions.
"
Anilogas wrote:
what are your thoughts on using bladeflurry with swords instead of axes and dual strike?
My thoughts are... I've never even tested it, but from videos I've seen you will die horribly using Bladeflurry with the dual striker leech tanking style of play. You won't lose much if you test it out on a freshly leveled character though so I guess if you have it lying around no need to ask me to test it. If it works, cool.

Soup and I only officially tested a "Cleave Striker" you could call it, which is the next most viable alternative to dual strike but not superior to the dual strike gem.

If you want a dual striker tree and gear with a different skill here are the factors to consider

1) First and foremost, leech needs to be instant and obnoxiously relentless. You must be the fastest you can possibly be. My goal was to hit 20 APS but it's just not possible, I max at 17.

2) Leech is more about speed than per hit, so even if you had a skill where you gained 50,000,000 leech per hit, if an enemy or mob can hit you twice and that second hit kills you then what good is it? You're dead! This is where dual strike separates itself from other leech style tank builds. It is so fast and leeches so much that it takes 16-18 STACKS of the Uber Trio's corrupted blood for you to even stop leeching anymore while still attacking as fast as you can. No one can accomplish this outside of dual strike. That's 18,000 degen damage per second before you stop regaining health... not die, I said "cease gaining." It takes another few stacks to start losing health rapidly to merit potting or fleeing.

3) Strength is not measured best in DPS like other builds. Being strong in a game like this means not dying, because even if you can kill Shaper in a few shots it's not going to save you from dying in 1 shot from him. That leads to uncertainty and the need for luck or RNG of the battle. I'd say skill is a factor but let's be real, it's a top-down hack n slash that you click places to move... it's not Dark Souls lol. If you can't cut it you deaded regardless of "skill." So people often love dual strike because the real power is the control you get from the knowledge that there's really nothing but a few shots out there that can get you, which you can count on one hand when geared well. That is true power. So tailor your build with that in mind and you may find a skill out there that may have that dual strike feel but with your magic touches instead of mine and Soup's.

4) Can never have enough health, this is plum obvious. Some skills out there require a lot of investments in passives, but dual strike technically requires none other than health. I took a few APS nodes and melee damage nodes because certain spots of the tree just aren't even worth reaching to get 50 more health. Just nab as much life as possible and some APS nodes where the tradeoff on life makes more sense. Stack as much life on gear as possible with high APS siege axes and voila, the multiplication for a few nodes makes damage go bonkers compared to your tiny investment and the life pool is tremendous so you can tank and poof, you have yourself a dual striker. He's actually a tough build to master despite how simple he sounds because they game works against you to achieve this. One change on gear or passives can cause death. He was the hardest thing I ever made, and that's after 12 years of Diablo 2, Champions of Norrath and Baldur's Gate. He took me 1.5 years to create and another year to take down Atziri then Soup perfected him with some seriously great improvements and bent Uber Atziri and Shaper over backward. Brings a tear to me eye!

5) DPS itself is just a measure of how long it takes to kill your enemy , but if your enemy cannot kill you then your own DPS is just a time saving measure. In the end, if Shaper himself could not kill you then your DPS wouldn't matter at all, because you cannot die there's nothing to worry about so you just keep attacking til he's dead. This is the core mentality of dual striking. It trades DPS for the most survivability that the game would allow. I'm actually surprised GGG has allowed my build to go on this long without some nerf, except that my dual striker's limits are very clear cut. If not for his DPS limitation and GGG's knack for 20-30k super one-shots on mega bosses then I would have thought they'd have nerfed my guy a while ago. When a dual striker dies he straight up RIPS lol it's always a surprise hahah

The only skills I've known to accomplish this leech rate insanity in the extreme excess required to survive every damage source in the game at mob ganking rates minus obvious one-shot mechanics like Uber Atziri's double arena flameblast are
-Dual Strike at 12-17 APS (1080 attacks per minute to give you an idea)
-Pre-nerf Incinerate life build with Eldritch Battery 12-14 attacks that crank up to 5 stages x5 streams when point blank range
-Cleave around 7-10 APS, much higher overall per hit DPS and clear speed since it has a wider hitbox useful against mobs but much less survivable for tanking via leech style that dual strikers employ. It's leech ability is unique since it can kinda swipe more than one enemy at the exact same time however it is less than half the speed so there are big gaps between swings compared to incinerate and dual strike. But you could never use a dual striker setup with Cleave to kill Shaper or Uber Atziri. It just would not happen ever no matter what.
-Chaos Incinerate is similar but just is crappy compared to the pre-nerf incinerate

I've never tested swords. Others have used them to minor success and say they like them more than axes but DPS is lower even for epic swords however they are cheaper than epic axes since swords in general are faster than axes, making those pricey siege axes with the luscious 1.90 APS not as tempting for some who wanna dual strike minus 200ex axes. I likely always say swords are inferior til I'm blue in the face lol so many people laugh when replies mention a love of swords with dual striker setup because they know my comments are indignant. Soup never tested swords and said he had no desire to, so I have a feeling he didn't think they were worth it either not when he had 10 varieties of axes he tested. He created the budget build for my dual striker so I trust him more than any other, perhaps even myself. He was the first dual striker to kill Uber Atziri and the first physical melee to kill Shaper. He definitely knows his dual striking.

Anyway, I couldn't directly answer but I went out of my way to expound on some thoughts I've dealt with over the years.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 6, 2017, 9:36:38 PM
"
ZackRichartz wrote:
One other question Umbra,

What is the suggested links for dual strike as i go from 3 link to 6 link. Leveling up wise.
Also have u had anytime or put any thought into what the setup might be now in beta with the new support gems?

Thanks for helping us out here and answering these questions.

I have a really detailed leveling section bro, I'd do it an injustice with a few sentences here. If what you have in mind is not in the leveling section then it's likely you over-thinking things

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info