[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

man, the changes will be a big boost for both damage and survivability of the totems, too bad i played RF totems in talisman (as a marauder even) for the most part of that league and want to try something else now :)

The funny thing is, so many people are making completely offhand remarks about RF totems who have no idea what they are talkig about :P

at least if no one is streaming it in alpha, there's a chance they aren't gonna nerf the damage somehow (totem base hp or something like that) :D
"

Perfect Jewel:
12% increased Totem Life
16% increased Totem Damage
16% increased Fire Damage
7% increased maximum Life

Totem Life, totem damage, fire damage, and Maximum life are all prefixes. That's not a possible jewel

Here's usable jewels affixes -
Prefixes:
14-18% increased armor
8-12% increased totem life
14-16% increased fire damage
3-5% increased cast speed with fire skills (this should work for totems?)
12-16% increased totem damage
1% chance to block with shields
1% spell block with shields
5-7% increased max life
3-5% increased cast speed with a shield (worth?)

Suffixes:
Note: Triple>Double>Single stat/resistance Suffixes are overall stronger
Player Attributes
Player Resistances
10-12% area damage
2-4% increased cast speed (worth?)
10-12% increased damage over time
4-6% increased rarity of items
6-10% totem resistances (niche not chieftan)
8-10% increased damage

Cast speed benefits totem's cast speed of RF (1s base 30% Less with spell totem). Don't forget RF scales 50% hp meaning Totem HP increases damage scaling with all damage modifiers too. The best affixes are probably
T1: Totem Life, Increased Max life

Ideal DPS Jewel:
12% increased totem life
16% increased fire damage OR totem damage (not sure if either is stronger somehow, totem documentation sucks)
12% increased DoT (works with SB too unlike area dmg)
10% increased damage OR 12% increased area damage (again SB)

Ideal Defense/Player Jewel:
18% increased armor (Chieftan node applies to totems)
7% increased max life
stat/resistance fills

Edit: Searching totem life with +1prefix and +1affix required shows that the ideal DPS jewel basically impossible to find.
http://poe.trade/search/ukugoketomebam
If you do only totem life and 1 affix It's more manageable.
http://poe.trade/search/onanouisetabik
Last edited by Bpapman on Feb 28, 2016, 3:31:19 PM
Cast speed doesn't benefit placement anymore, that's why there are specific totem placement nodes on the tree.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Cast speed doesn't benefit placement anymore, that's why there are specific totem placement nodes on the tree.

yes and we get enough with additional 20% of the chief, the stuff om the tree and quality boni
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

yes and we get enough with additional 20% of the chief, the stuff om the tree and quality boni

Sorry didn't know that. Again totem documentation is trash. It was more of a utility affix either way. The point was those are ALL the beneficial affixes possible for this build.

The cast speed still benefits RF cast time though...
Last edited by Bpapman on Feb 28, 2016, 3:29:16 PM
thats right and its never wrong to have some on the gear or jewel, even 20-30% can make a huge difference
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
couple things...

firstly, in regards to the less duration + rapid decay issue. possibly worth it taking the Totemic Zeal cluster below the scion life area? 5 pts, 8% cast speed, 40% duration, 45% placement speed to offset? on my leveling build right now in live I have to spend 3 pts right now on dex and only get the dex and placement speed on totem builds is really nice...also puts you next to sentinel which is always nice for early league to offset super shit gear.

Secondly, watching the state of exile podcast, ziggy says that you 'cant get rid of the orb of storms once you cast it' - removing the gem, weapon swap, doesn't matter.

SO! seeing as how RF totems is already pretttty full on gem slots its going to be tricky to fit in an ice spear setup to proc elemental overload or to get a blind/rarity cull setup going this should open up some options for us. some combos I see on swap:

#1 - orb of storms - increased crit chance - faster casting/inc aoe/inc duration
#2 - orb of storms - blind - culling strike
#3 - orb of storms - culling strike - item rarity

or some combo of the 3 depending on what you're after be it maximal EO uptime or utility. alternatively you could have a 2h wep with 4+ links available.
also have we seen what the little chieftain ascendancy nodes do yet?
"
also have we seen what the little chieftain ascendancy nodes do yet?

https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Chieftain
Life Regen/sec + other miscellaneous benefits
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
aww yeah thanks gary. dare I ask if RF totems are getting a mana cost?? seems kinda nutty to be able to output this much dmg without a mana cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info