[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Milkyslice wrote:

The same Gear ive posted in the gear section, different flasks fitting to atziri. One exception was that i added a lightning trap again for EE.

around 110% totem life + lvl 20 spelltotem. More life/gemlevel makes a difference dmg wise, totems still would get one shotted by every spell of her.

Vaal skeleton wouldnt make any difference, 1 charge only, could maybe help one phase.

Vaal setup was my standard mapping setup, nothing changed there. placed totems, they cast minions, ~60% hp gone when they went down. recasted totems and dodged the stuff... rumis + resi flasks in sketchy situations.

Trio was just easy kiting, nothing special there.

Uber Atziri will be way easier if 50% of the spells of her dont deal damage to the totems... they could actually deal dmg then. The dps in the nonsplit phase was quite nice

So what measures can be taken to prolong the totems life in the split phase? Will Ruby flasks give the totems more max resist? Can the totems leech with an item like this?
How is it actually possible to make the totems survive the split phase long enough to do substantial damage? I mean except from the new immunity node. Suggestions?
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
i don't think dropping elemental equilibrium is necessary

rf doesn't hit and therefore doesn't taunt

regular mobs will hit your totem but it won't matter cause they roll over and die regardless of resists

on bosses your totems won't be hitting them back for fire damage as much as you think, it definitely won't be more than you can spam a trap to reapply the elemental equilibrium

i don't think dropping ele equilibrium is that good of an idea but it will remain to be seen

if it is so it's actually a huge nerf for boss fights cause you can't get bosses into negative resists with just curses due to reduced curse effectiveness

IGN JustifiedF
Puh many stuff here, lets do this

Why no berserker? its just a bit more damage than chieftain, but i would need purity of fire or resi gem or 3-4 resi jewels, every option sacrifices dmg too.

About EE: ee is great in some situations, but 98% of the time i dont use it. (5s actually)
ee mapmod is just 25% fire resi IF they hit the totem. Ive ran several fireresi / enfeeble / endu charges maps which reduce the damage way more and they work still.
ee mapmod just doesnt 'suck' it actually. makes almost no difference.

Elementalist may be good (see ascendancy section) but you want to go hybrid/ll/ci, things that i dont wanna run with this char (personal preference), also see berserker.
The penetration does not work for degen.
If you wanna make it as cheap and efficient as possible (thats what i wanna do) chief is the best for a balanced offense and defence on a life base.
The liferegen helps, we cant leech and rely on pots. placementspeed helps the clearspeed too.

Without the new dmg support gem i would consider other stuff, i just dont wanna drop a support gem or reserve mana which could be used for dmg or utility.
Elementalist is not a bad pick, Chief only works better for me

suckwavetotem: i dont consider wasting an itemslot + 4 gems + one totem for unreliable crowd control

Uber: flasks and leech doesnt work, vaal disci may work but only has one shot (3x maybe) but i dont think this will work either.
Chieftain will be the best for uber on this build, so much fire/phys dmg which gets ignored/migrated

@justified i will test it with and without ee, in tali i dropped my ee applier and ran t14 bosses without it, except vaal lightning trap.
most bosses only have around 20 resists and its possible to get them into the negatives.

On hard bosses/high resist maps (like %fire resi + endu charges) i consider Malachais artifice with a icetrap if necassary.
especially on curse immune maps a good choice, easy to swap with doedres ring and i dont loose anything if the resists are overcapped
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 27, 2016, 2:13:32 PM
Hey, Milky!

Nice guide, man, grats for all the info and your answers! :)

I've been checking various Dual RF totem builds lately, I'm split between this build + and a spell caster build(nothing to do with RF) I crafted on my own and already played in Talisman.

A few questions:

On the one hand, your tree gives good life, 181% and nice life regen with quite a lot of fire damage.

On the other hand, it uses 122 points and only gives ~51% inc totem life and not much increased totem dmg, since it doesn't go down near the BM passive point in order to get that totem cluster. You also don't get Barbarism or Arsonist and you go up and take those witch Fire nodes.

What's your opinion on that? Have you tested going down left to the BM passive keystone in order to grab those nodes ( totem life, dmg + the life cluster next to it ).

Moreover, you get various mana nodes which are not needed, the cost is Zero mana, right? Specifically the 3 points next to Mind over Matter, which I think could be better used on some pure life nodes / totem dmg.

Finally, it has very little base strength, only about 230 ( I guess this is because of the many nodes near the witch's area ).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing you, on the contrary! :) I think you are doing a great job!

I'm asking coz I made a tree that goes on the left and down left side of the tree, but haven't tested it to see if it's overall more efficient than your tree :)

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 27, 2016, 3:22:33 PM
doing some practice leveling runs in THC before ascendancy cuz im bored. Died at lvl 60 due to aggressive play and going up again with a different strat but some findings:

even with purity of fire/totemic mastery/ancestral bond noes the RF totems die very, very quickly. they do indeed do good damage but the recast necessity is kind of shit while leveling. I know this goes away eventually but for new league leveling I'm pretty confident that i'll be leveling spell totem in my offslot and not touching RF totems at all until I get the totems immune to fire ascendancy thing, at which point I will switch over and wreck face cuz yeah the dmg is pretty nuts.

Gems. Marauder gets shit on in terms of what gems you get from quests and what vendors will sell you. I would highly suggest (unless you have a witch friend leveling with you, but even if you do...) creating a secondary account with a witch and portaling that account into quests and boss kills until library act3 at which point you will unlock most of the gems you need to have your leveling process go much smoother. there are so many gems that you need to buy or get your friends to buy (unless they keep the alpha gem vendors with literally everything but i doubt that very much...)

AND if you do this your gem mule second account vendor gems will ALL be level 1. so you can buy a bunch of lvl 1 gems that people will need and put it up on shops for easy early league cash, and if you RIP you have your second account with essential WPs to speed up the process.

flame surge(or firestorm or flameblast) + Flame totem + searing bond + fire trap with dual curse from tree with flam/enfeeble (i went flam/ele weak first time through, unnecessary amounts of dmg, safer obv to go with enfeeble or TC) is very quick and requires less hand holding than early RF totem IMHO
Regarding Uber, looking at other totem builds that have killed her it seems the main reason they succeed is massive dps, they obliterate the split phase extremely fast. Now we are talking dual Void Battery totem crit builds etc etc... As of now i can't see any way to increase the RF totems damage output to the level that it melts the split phase in 2-3 seconds, even with 145% totem life, lvl 21 spell totem and dual Doryani's catalysts the damage isn't on the same level as crit totems. I will test out Vaal Discipline and get back with the results later.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Are you taking the Scion area nodes without connecting, or is it just bugging out for me?
"
ozten wrote:
Are you taking the Scion area nodes without connecting, or is it just bugging out for me?
He is using Intuitive Leap for that.
I was watching Mathil's stream and some of his guild mates in Alpha were commenting how Tukohama was not working with RF totems in preventing the fire damage. Hopefully it is a bug but perhaps the wording on the passive is wrong :/
"
I was watching Mathil's stream and some of his guild mates in Alpha were commenting how Tukohama was not working with RF totems in preventing the fire damage. Hopefully it is a bug but perhaps the wording on the passive is wrong :/

dont scare me man, if thats the case i say goodbye chieftain ;p ill wait for somethin official but keep that in mind
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info