[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

I have played this build in Perandus with slight variations ... and it worked great with Carcass ... because it was cheap and reached 94 in mostly solo play. In Prophecy though cheapest Carcass is 3ex ... way beyond my budget. I reached 85 with Lavianga's Wisdom ... and I can't do it anymore. Normally with Carcass is 1 totem / 1 pack dead / Huge aoe / great clear speed. Without Carcass it's constant spam of totems + the lign of sight change ... trying to spam RF over a little rock ... I gave up. Maybe I will play it again when I get currency for a sweet Carcass. Sadly I invested allso in quality gems ... but the constant spam of totems/fail casts to kill a complete pack to satisfy my OC side it is too much.
Last edited by painguard on Jun 8, 2016, 8:42:40 AM
"
painguard wrote:
I have played this build in Perandus with slight variations ... and it worked great with Carcass ... because it was cheap and reached 94 in mostly solo play. In Prophecy though cheapest Carcass is 3ex ... way beyond my budget. I reached 85 with Lavianga's Wisdom ... and I can't do it anymore. Normally with Carcass is 1 totem / 1 pack dead / Huge aoe / great clear speed. Without Carcass it's constant spam of totems + the lign of sight change ... trying to spam RF over a little rock ... I gave up. Maybe I will play it again when I get currency for a sweet Carcass. Sadly I invested allso in quality gems ... but the constant spam of totems/fail casts to kill a complete pack to satisfy my OC side it is too much.

You're right that now is a bit hard to find a decent carcass (or dory), but even with that you can try other things:

Lavianga + Passion (Cheap, area from Lavianga and good dmg due Passion).

Passion + Shield (Cheap, a bit let AOE but still very good dmg and ton of defenses, i suggest you to buy a Remorse for ton of dmg reduction)

Lavianga x2 (Pretty decent AOE, lower dmg of all).

Is true that sometimes is a bit hard to find some uniques, but you shouldn't quit because that. In a short time you will level Inc AOE gem and with 20% quality the radius is big enough to cover a pack. If no, you can still place two kinda close, or put the totem in the middle between you and them (so they come and die effortless).

In some bosses like Izaro fights can be a bit more painful because he don't stop moving but with some aid of a stone golem and a searing bond is kinda easy. I've done Uber Lab at lvl 78 and a crappy 4L energy shield.

In overall, my suggestion is to have patience and get currency, also you can get a nice Belly of the Beast cheap to replace your Carcass. You can also go MF and do it even faster, how many builds could do that? :)
Well Carcass is expensive because Shield Charge and Flameblast/Firestorm are Fotm and its a great item early in the league to cycle midtier maps. I predict 1ex carcass in one week ;)

Even 3ex are normally not a big deal, with 1chaos item we can run t10 maps with ease, there is never a spot where we need to invest much currency in the early states.

The clearing is not on a level of a shieldcharger or flameblast prolif, at least for packs. It has its strength in the low budget/link requirement, decent clearspeed and insane singletarget dps (again, for that budget).

But hey, if you dont like it atm, your choice ;) I switched the league now, leveling a bowchar this time (<5c windripper, wtf) as a first char...I have to say that rft was faster while leveling, but i also know that once i spend several ex in the gear a bowchar of any kind can close the eyes and clean 3screens with one button ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Clear speed is on the lower end among popular builds if we're being honest. Pre 2.1 or so these speeds would be normal but these days the game plays faster. Having said that I do think it's a fine build for solo mf. I'm running 410/21ish in prophecy atm and I can still solo easier red maps/atziri with full mf.
So what do you pick for ascendancy now that its possible with 8 pts?
IGN: Zencker
Well, there are 2 choices, Tawhoa and Ramako. Tukohama is obvious.
If youre lazy or have only 3 Endurance charges Tawhoa is the choice.
If you plan with at least 5 endurance charges and keep em up, Ramako is reasonable.

The 10% str is pretty sweet if you go some on the gear on top of the 220+ on the tree (well depends on the level and pathings ofc). 400 str result in 440 str > 20 life before %life. 40% armour and 10% all res help in addition to that.
the resists help while gearing for maps and to reach the ele weakness cap, the armour and strength kicks in with good gear.

Ignite immunity for the character on the other side is nice to have, but its still the least dangerous status ailment (freeze immunity would be great). The extra regen depends on the amount of charges. I only use 3 charge so i compare 1.5% regen + fire immunity v.s 40% armour + 10% str + 10% all res ;)

Hi man, first of all thank you for sharing your build i'm currently using it and having fun with it, great job ! I just went for totemic zeal because the delay of totems casting RF bothers me, and took the +18% all elemental res from scion + Jewell spot while I was at it.
I wanted to know, and sorry if the question has been already asked 10 times in the 165 pages I have not read, what do you think of life leech vs life regen ?
If the "1% totem damage leeched as life" hinekora gives doesnt count for RF you can ignore everything I'm gonna say :D
I find the 1% totem damage leeched as life really interesting, used the 1% from slayer scion ascendency for cyclone and LA build and it was fairly sustainable for mapping (in my scrub experience), and now with the 8points you can take Tukohama + Hinekora. Ok 2 on 4 mods are absolutely useless for RF, but I find the other 2 really interesting.
That would make available a lot of points used for extra life regen, and the combination of life regen + leech can maybe more interesting than the 40% armor and +20life that gives Tawhoa ?
Thanks ! :)
Last edited by baptou44 on Jun 9, 2016, 11:38:50 AM
it cant leech since its a degeneration effect, selfcast rf, caustic arrow etc cannot leech, too.

so i will ignore everything you said :P

the delay of the casting is affected by castspeed, not placementspeed.
Both can increase the clearspeed in maps.

Quick question, apologies if this has been asked somewhere else in the thread: do totem damage nodes affect RF damage? They seem to be just generic damage nodes, so I assume they would, but I don't know for sure.

thanks.
"
sfangwb wrote:
Quick question, apologies if this has been asked somewhere else in the thread: do totem damage nodes affect RF damage? They seem to be just generic damage nodes, so I assume they would, but I don't know for sure.

thanks.

yes, its also listed in the "General Information, read first" section

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info