[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

nevermind
Last edited by the_Arkain on Mar 21, 2016, 5:59:40 AM
Are there any good Unique rings to replace Doedre's in Curse Immune maps?
I didn't read through the whole thread but I have some noob questions if you guys don't mind.
I just played blood magic flame totem to lvl 92 when I died to being too confident. I was standing still while totems destroyed everything and got killed in milliseconds by a few chickens that spawned and threw stuff at me at the same time. Lesson learned, never stand still.
Flame totems were really great and were clearing t12 maps with ease, I could do any boss, any mods, twinned (couple exceptions) etc at a decent speed.

Right now I'm lvl 40 with RF totems 4L and dual curse, but my problem is that the RF area is too small and totem only lasts 2 seconds and takes a second to startup to do damage, compared to flame totem which had huge range, multi projectiles and lasted a very long time with passives. I could leave flame totems on Volcano map boss, run away 3-4 screens and come back to collect loot. I'm really enjoying the blasphemy curses in this build tho, something I couldn't do with blood magic.
Is RF area range and duration going to significantly improve within the next 10 levels?
Does RF still ignite with ele focus?
IGN: Blitzhex
Last edited by Blitzhex on Mar 21, 2016, 6:29:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 21, 2016, 8:50:19 AM
For deodre on curse immune maps we have no uniqur replacement, everything is basically shit.

Get one with as much life possible, maybe some %firedmg in the mix. If you loose your capped/overcapped resists due to the 6%all resi on it ofc get resists too.

Well if you feel squishy with those stats on lvl 74 idk what to say :D its a totem. build not a melee character.

- Use good rolled granite + basalt flask, you can add enfeeble instead of ele weakness.
- use a belly/rare armour chest/coil instead of carcass,

- would still use doedres with triplecurse on hc. A ringslot with no life but enfeeble/tempchains instead is worth it.

- you can use curse on hit and go for determination + grace (soveignity) or AA/blasphemy defensive curse (no soveignity)

- get totemlife + playerlife/resist on juwels. If you have totemresi on jewels you can go for higher armour gear which has lesser resists in the lower price classes.

- you could also go for a hybrid life/es route if you have the gear for it.

overall it is NOT a melee build and if played properly we shouldnt be hit at all by most of the mobs. If we get gangbanged by devourers with tempchains we're doing something wrong, the same counts foe every hardhitting melee/charger w/e.

The scariest things are those quillbeasts on a chain map (which shouldnt be run on hc). But even those are avoidable if we hide behind a corner.

Thanks a lot for detailed reply.
I spent almost all my currency to get doryani's catalyst and carcass jack, so i wont change chest armour any soon.
But i'll probably swap ele.weakness for enfeeble, get some better armour-rolled boots\gloves and better amulet, and just try to stay as safe as possible.

Also, the main dmg buff from catalyst compared to lavianga's wisdom is ~100% increasedelemental damage, right? Just being worried about losing 10% increased radius for aoe from lavianga's.
Last edited by Sattarqt on Mar 21, 2016, 6:49:09 AM
If you already use carcass i wouldnt be scared about the 10% aoe loss ;)

If you run low tier maps you can go for Lavianga's to farm those even faster as you wont need the damage with high spelltotem gem etc.

around T9-10+ you want the damage, mapmods can be more impactful, mobs are more dangerous and it helps to kill them faster, even if 2 mobs are alive at the circle.
Especially for bosses you want a doryanis, it makes a big difference compared to lavis.

"
Blitzhex wrote:

Right now I'm lvl 40 with RF totems 4L and dual curse, but my problem is that the RF area is too small and totem only lasts 2 seconds and takes a second to startup to do damage, compared to flame totem which had huge range, multi projectiles and lasted a very long time with passives. I could leave flame totems on Volcano map boss, run away 3-4 screens and come back to collect loot. I'm really enjoying the blasphemy curses in this build tho, something I couldn't do with blood magic.

No rest for the wicked
- moved atziri section in another thread due to space problems... Added a link to it

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 21, 2016, 8:51:11 AM
Hey Milky, just in the process of converting my items to IIR/IIQ now im at level 93.

Do you know if heartbreaker Royal Skean works for the culling with RF totems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info