Viper Strike

So I read through much of this thread and I'm wondering if Increased elemental damage from weapons applies to this skills dot, or what I can do to increase it's damage and not just the dot duration.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Looking for something new to do I traded for a 13% Quality Viper Strike, a 18% Cleave and am in the process of building a Marauder. "OldViper" is currently level 40 and easily solo's 5 area levels higher than he is. BUT it has nothing to do with the "Viper Strike" skill and that is really really sad. The Normal quality "Heavy Strike" far exceeds the performance of the "Viper Strike". I can well see why the skill is so unpopular among the masses.

Personally, I would LOVE to see this skill have some AoE effect similar to what the "Poison Arrow" does would probably be awesome. Another option, as has been suggested earlier in this thread, would be for the body to explode in a poison nova.

My current Equipment
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
I'm BACK :)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Since my thread about this did not get me an answer I'll try here.
Why do monster that use viper strike sometimes kill me in 3 seconds with 1-2 stacks of viper strike???
Most of the time I can take 4 stacks and just take the damage with a flask till they expire but sometimes the viper strike just destroys my HP in 3 seconds.
I have 2135 life and my flasks heal 1k over 5.5 seconds but when viper strikes decides to be a bitch it does not care how much life I have it just kills me even using a flask does not slow down the effect.
"
Scorched wrote:
Since my thread about this did not get me an answer I'll try here.
Why do monster that use viper strike sometimes kill me in 3 seconds with 1-2 stacks of viper strike???
Most of the time I can take 4 stacks and just take the damage with a flask till they expire but sometimes the viper strike just destroys my HP in 3 seconds.
I have 2135 life and my flasks heal 1k over 5.5 seconds but when viper strikes decides to be a bitch it does not care how much life I have it just kills me even using a flask does not slow down the effect.

Yellow mobs use a better viper strike. It's like the goatmen shaman, the molten shell of a yellow is much more powerful.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
So you are telling me that a viper strike that you can't to anything against is OK ? Somehow I don't think so.
Also its not always a yellow or blue mob sometimes the white ones do that sort of crap too and sometimes the yellows do lower damage than the white ones is its damage is kind of random and inconsistent.
In any case viper strike should do a good amount of damage but be manageable with flask, if not out-healing the damage being able to slow it down so you have enough time for it to expire. I've already died like 60+ times because of viper strike deciding to be a bitch and doing 400-500+ damage per second with 1 stack on me.
Guys, if i want to go full tank with no dps abilities exept this and vulnerability curse will i be able to finish current content? i havent seen endgame yet.
"
nocturne11 wrote:
Guys, if i want to go full tank with no dps abilities exept this and vulnerability curse will i be able to finish current content? i havent seen endgame yet.
sure but what will be your AoE (firetrap and shockwave come to mind)
thanks, AoE can be like kill one by one) sad but being tank is sad most time) gonna test)
Quick question: So is Viper Strike a charge-based mechanic or a buff mechanic?

And the more important question, would the Increased Duration support gem increase the length of time the poison buffs/charges remain activated?
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox wrote:
Quick question: So is Viper Strike a charge-based mechanic or a buff mechanic?

And the more important question, would the Increased Duration support gem increase the length of time the poison buffs/charges remain activated?
increased buff and skill duration passives and the support gem, work on viper strike. i have 13 second long viper strike without the skill gem from all duration related passives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info