Caustic Arrow

Please fix Concentrated Effect with Poison Arrow and/or please put some damage back into poison arrow, there is barely any noticeable difference in the skil that it's redonkulous.
Edit:

Whatever. Not in the mood for a discussion. Long story short, if you can make that amount of money to buy those items. Good for you. But the majority doesn't have exalts. And some people are actually quite happy with a niche build that does lower thn 10k dps. Why would you care?

Not everyone is playing for such a long time you know.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Nov 29, 2013, 11:58:21 AM
Just logged on to test out my Poison Arrow toon and found that the patch nerfed him to the ground. This needs to be reverted/ buffed right away, otherwise you might as well remove this skill from the game, because it's useless now.
IGN: NinetySixBottlesOfBeer
"
Lichalfred wrote:
"
Just tested Viper btw ... actually be good for some people.

I want to see the people set with <1000 dps. I want to look into their dead eyes.

Do you realize that ANYTHING below possible 10.000 AoE DPS is not worth a look in Path of Exile? I mean if you even theoretically could make poison arrow dot to do like 3000 dps... that would be still total garbage. Total. Garbage. And you cant do even the old 1000 now.

3k dps on PA would allow you to solo extremely well actually
3k DoT is not worth going through half the tree to grab mine + projectile passives and actually using remote mines. With a +gem bow and empower.
I was happy to play a poison Arrow again but it feels like a nerf not as a buff but i think we get a fix for this.
HARDCORE ONLY ~ ONE LIFE IS ENOUGH

I've played/built/theorycrafted/loved PA since I started almost 2 years ago. I watched the skill go from OP (won a race with it back in the day) to reasonable to nerfed nerfed and nerfed even more patch after patch -- all with the knowledge that that degen never applies gem MF and I didn't much mind despite MF being the other area I specialized in and loved (and has been nerfed to death as well). It's simply a playstyle I truly enjoy, and it's virtually gone now in PoE.

With the new 'degen' patch I had hope. After theorycrafting "increased projectile", "Increased Area" etc nodes I realized that, at best, this is a late endgame build (specifically for HC/Nem, not default leagues)

Then I see all the gems like 'concentrated', 'point blank', etc don't work with the poison cloud, but they seem to work with others like fire trap.

So while I am glad the direction the patch has taken, I'm seeing highly inefficient leveling with Poison arrow with the possibility of making it viable endgame.

With all the buffs in melee, op leveling gems like spec throw, consistent winners like cleave, and 'ihateFPlevelingbutwhatelseisthere', etc, I'm not sure I feel good about the change. I will hold judgement till I see where GGG takes it, but historically it's been down down down...
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Even if Conc Effect worked with it it would still be terrible.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
poison arrow is now a searing bond sister..
I have waited forever for Poison Arrow to be viable as main skill for a build.

I thought "great, finally this patch fixes PA and I can finally play this skill" and started to reroll for it.

The damage now is as pathetic as ever.

I have an Poison arrow on Level 20 (15+5) with plenty of projectile damage (65% total) nodes and the killspeed is pathetic as ever. I cannot farm City of Sarn with a somewhat reasonable killspeed with a level 20 (!!) skill which I could theoretically 5 link and still wouldnt do squat more damage (except for the empower I already have linked ofc).
I´m currently farming Fellshrine Ruins because I can kill a white pack of zombies with only one Poison Arrow (hooray) there.

I grabbed Amplify and and noticed no difference in the tooltip so I checked this thread.
I actually noticed just now that conc effect also didnt work (I had that equipped for like the last 6 hours and thought for sure it works now with the new patch and never actually checked).

Now you guys reduce the old pathetic cloud dps by half and you have to grab like every f*cking projectile node in the whole tree to get to the old pre patch terrible damage which is a reasonable docks farmer at best with a level 24+ gem.

I am seriously disappointed about this and hope my 24 hours rerolling this character weren´t in vain :(

e: I actally tried the difference between having conc effect and not and I have to say conc effect does actually do something for the damage so I´m sorry about the rant about that part (white skeletons on ledge take about 1,5 seconds less time to kill with conc effect from 4,5 seconds to 3).

So I´m hoping this might be one day viable to at least run piety with :/

regards,
pennyyy
Last edited by pennyyy on Nov 29, 2013, 6:10:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info