[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
Attilio73 wrote:
Hello and thanks for your detailed explanations (sorry for my english :) ).

You are using reave for mobs and double strike supported by chance to bleed support for boss, is this right?

No, I do not use chance to bleed support for either reave or double strike skill. This is because both of my weapons can cause chance to bleeding on hit. Therefore, I used other support gem such as Hypothermia, which greatly boost my DPS against a group of mobs and bosses, because hatred allow my attack to chill enemies.

Another problem with using "chance to bleed" support gem is you cannot use bloodlust effectively, because you need another skill to effectively bleed the target so that you can activate bloodlust.
4th Week Update
PoB got updated, and I've to re-calculate most of the gears that I had. So pretty much this is the most accurate DPS.

Some of the DPS has been reduced due to previous PoB updated.
Previous version does not calculate the value of some crafting bench recipes, therefore it'll show a higher value of DPS.

Note: My first multi-craft sword is about 437 phys w/ some decent cri and atk speed, but the base is not that great; I could've used a jewelled foil instead. So for the second base, I was going to craft a double-dipping flat phys to reach 480-500 phys, but I forgot that they nerf it 4-5 days ago and rip. So I went ahead craft an element Gain #% of non-chaos into chaos DPS sword instead.

This is what double-dipping flat physical sword look like.
Spoiler

I'm not good at fighting uber elder, but I can assure you that the DPS is there. I've spend 4 ex of fragment trying to learn fighting against uber elder, but it's a tough fight for a beginner like me!~

Progress on end-game content

Spoiler

1) Uber Izaro - Done
2) Shaper - Done
3) Elder - Done
4) T16 Mastermind Boss - Done
5) Uber Atziri - Not Done
6) Uber Elder - Not Done

Passive tree & gears
Spoiler
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/sgqXq5Uj

Current Gear: 15.45 exalted (From 6.1 exalted)
Spoiler

Individual's price
Spoiler

6L Brass Dome - 4.5 exalted

Shaped Amulet - 1 exalted

Jewels: First one is 20, second one is 20c, third one is 30c, and the fourth one is around 35c. Therefore the total is: 105c

Main hand weapon: 5 exalted (Perfect fossil + Resonator to get 30% quality base, and then alt + regal + annul the base myself. After that I went around and look for craft service.)

Off-hand weapon: 4 exalted (Perfect fossiil + resonator to get 30% quality base, and then alt + regal + anul the base myself. After that I went and look for a multi-craft service and then craft the rest of the mod myself)

Boot: 5 chaos (Re-used kaom's root that I bought in the early game for 5c)

Glove: 7c + 8 chaos = 16c (including the price of the craft)

Rings: 6 chaos each (On the right ring slot is 1c, and on left ring slot is 5c)

Mod on gears: estimation of 31 chaos, excluding the swords

DPS output/Math (if you're curious!~)
Spoiler
(6L Single Target Double Strike against Shaper/Guardian/Bosses): 2.42 million DPS!~
Gem used: Vaal double strike - Melee Phys - Maim - Bloodlust - Multi-strike - Hypothermia.

Spoiler
https://i.imgur.com/Sabpz5g.jpg

(6L Double Strike for clearing): 1.147m DPS~
Gem used: Vaal double strike - Melee Phys - Maim - MultiStrike - Ancestral Call - Melee Splash
Spoiler

(6L Double Strike for clearing against Shaper/Guardian Bosses): 935k DPS!~
Gem used: Vaal double strike - Melee Phys - Maim - MultiStrike - Ancestral Call - Melee Splash
Spoiler

(6L Lacerate for clearing): 1.799 million DPS!~
Gem used: Lacerate - Melee phys - Maim - Multistrike - Ruthless -Hypothermia
Spoiler

(6L Lacerate for Bossing): 1.465 million DPS!~
Gem used: Lacerate - Melee Phys - Maim - Multistrike - Concentrated Effect - Hypothermia
Spoiler

(6L Blade Flurry for Bossing): 1.86 million DPS!~
Gem used: Blade flurry - Melee Phys - Maim - Concentrated Effect - Hypothermia - Bloodlust
Spoiler

(6L Reave for clearing): 1.047 million DPS!~
Gem used Reave - Melee phys - Maim - Inc Critical Strike Chance - Multistrike - Hypothermia
Spoiler

Expectation and plans ahead
There's no other big goal beside trying to learn how to fight uber-elder. However, when I tried fighting against uber elder with bloodlust, it's pretty tough to set up the bleed with totem. It's very inconsistent to fight uber elder with bloodlust, because you have to set it up the bleed & make sure you deal as much damage before the bleed goes off.

I found an ideal solution where you can deal DPS efficiently and consistent without bloodlust. My plan was to level up for the remaining of the point and get this passive, which mean you'll deal 40% total DPS against bleeding target and can use "chance to bleed" support efficiently and consistent. It's like a replacement with haemophilia glove!~ =P
Spoiler

Last edited by Aseki2013 on Jan 6, 2019, 4:27:25 PM
I love the guide but is there any chance of an 2 handed variation to this build? I do love me a 2 hander
Spoiler

Yes, I do believe 2H weapon is also viable for double-strike. This is an example of an end-game 2H weapon. It is a 1,032 PHYS DPS due to "deal double DPS chance"

There are also other option for 2H axe such as Kivita's feast & Ngamahu's flame.

Any 2H 350-400 phys Rare Weapon will get you through end-game content!~

What are these green pins AoE on the video?
Last edited by mujahedinn on Jan 11, 2019, 4:04:35 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for this build !

I have a noob question maybe : at around which HP can I switch brine king pantheon for something else please ?
"
Tak3ya wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for this build !

I have a noob question maybe : at around which HP can I switch brine king pantheon for something else please ?

Hi there, you can switch to brine king patheon at around 3,000 to 4,000 HP or whenever you've access to this patheon after Act 7.

However, you can complete avoid using "Soul of the Brine King" patheon by using Kaom's Root.

This is what kaom's root looks like. It's an amazing items through-out the game where you'll basically almost immune to chill, freeze, stun, and temporal chain, but except Oil!

You can uses "Soul of Solaris" or "Soul of Lunaris" if you're using Kaom's Root!~
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Jan 14, 2019, 12:06:54 PM
Thank you !
5th Week Updates - no major changes to the build, except swapping my usual glove for a max roll Haeomophilia. It increase your clear speed as well as your bossing speed if used with bloodlust.

I bought this glove for 2c.

I'll be working on theory-crafting for 1H (axe, mace, dagger, and claw) + shield build, 2H (axe, mace, sword, and staves) build in the upcoming months and league. So this is probably going to be my last post for the current [ 3.4 Size Doesn't Mattter - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardian/Shaper/Elder ].

I'm not the author of the written guide, but rather a tester of the build just like everybody else and wanted to try out something different and simple.

I'm very satisfied with the build and manage to get up to 2.4 million single target DPS Double Strike in this league. I don't play HC, and therefore chaos resistance is kinda irrelevant for me. However, chaos resistance is a must in HC league.

I've done research and talk to various players who uses double-strike against Uber elder; 200k Total DPS of double strike is sufficient to kill uber-elder, and as long you're staying alive + knowning how to dodge skill-shot. You'll be able to kill uber-elder quite comfortable.

Final mention:
I'm pretty sure the author of this guide will probably at least give a proper update to the build soon.

Good luck guys!~

PS #1: I'll stick around and answer post for the people who have question about the build.
PS #2: I'll be playing either 1H sword/dagger + Shield - Double Strike for the upcoming league.

Last edited by Aseki2013 on Jan 14, 2019, 12:30:26 PM
"
Aseki2013 wrote:
5th Week Updates - no major changes to the build, except swapping my usual glove for a max roll Haeomophilia. It increase your clear speed as well as your bossing speed if used with bloodlust.

I bought this glove for 2c.

I'll be working on theory-crafting for 1H (axe, mace, dagger, and claw) + shield build, 2H (axe, mace, sword, and staves) build in the upcoming months and league. So this is probably going to be my last post for the current [ 3.4 Size Doesn't Mattter - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardian/Shaper/Elder ].

I'm not the author of the written guide, but rather a tester of the build just like everybody else and wanted to try out something different and simple.

I'm very satisfied with the build and manage to get up to 2.4 million single target DPS Double Strike in this league. I don't play HC, and therefore chaos resistance is kinda irrelevant for me. However, chaos resistance is a must in HC league.

I've done research and talk to various players who uses double-strike against Uber elder; 200k Total DPS of double strike is sufficient to kill uber-elder, and as long you're staying alive + knowning how to dodge skill-shot. You'll be able to kill uber-elder quite comfortable.

Final mention:
I'm pretty sure the author of this guide will probably at least give a proper update to the build soon.

Good luck guys!~

PS #1: I'll stick around and answer post for the people who have question about the build.
PS #2: I'll be playing either 1H sword/dagger + Shield - Double Strike for the upcoming league.

Hi there, have you considered the new unique 1 handed sword - Paradoxica?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info