[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
KadenRoss wrote:
Ok. I really love the feel of this build but im having serious bossing and probably mapping issues.
I need some help as I've been trying to figure out why I cannot even beat izaro at level 80.

I've been doing some play testing with different swords and and what not, but im fighting merveil in t1 maps and im either not making her bleed. or my boss killing setup isnt taking advantage of the bleed.
IGN: UberLabMoreLikeLoserLab

This gem will not make your attack skill bleed - Hence you do need to use another skill (Ancestral totem, whirling blade, leap and etc) that makes the enemies bleed in order to utilize this effectively.

This glove here makes any attack skills that bleed such as ancestral totem, whirling blades and any attack skills that does not have bloodlust support skills

For example, ancestral totem is an attack skill as well as a totem skill. It will make the enemies bleed with, and then use your main skill such as double strike with bloodlust - You'll see a huge DPS boost
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Dec 15, 2018, 5:13:42 PM
Hi, it's me again with some update. If you've any question, PM me or message me in-game. IGN: TriEETStarter.

Progress/Update on Jug
Spoiler
1) Shaper - Done
2) Uber - Done
3) Atziri - Done
4) Uber Atziri - Not Yet
5) Uber Elder - Not Yet

Current Gear: (total of 80 chaos invested)
Spoiler

Math & DPS
(Single target + 5L + No Bloodlust activated)
Spoiler

(Single target + 5L + Bloodlust activated)
Spoiler

(Single target + 5L + Bloodlust activated against shapers/guardian or other bosses)
Spoiler

Before any boss fight or mapping. I used this belt and jump or dash around till I get max endurance charges

TL;DR - 2 weeks invested.

PS: https://pastebin.com/UNbYXCgM
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Dec 16, 2018, 10:23:33 PM
Here is another follow-up update after heavily invest currency on the Juggernaut after playing 2 weeks + 2 days.
Progress on do-able content

Spoiler

1) Uber Izaro - Done
2) Shaper - Done
3) Elder - Done
4) T16 Mastermind Boss - Done
5) Uber Atziri - Not Done
6) Uber Elder - Not Done

Passive tree & gears
Spoiler
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/zWzbs3Ni
I added 2 different tree: current lv 91 & future passive tree. As well as a new crafted sword that I'm planning to slam.

Current Gear: 5.8 exalted
Spoiler

Individual's price
Spoiler
6L Brass Dome - 4.5 exalted
Shaped Amulet - 1 exalted
Jewels: 4 chaos
Main hand weapon: 10 chaos
Off-hand weapon: 1 chaos (Bought it in the early league)
Boot: 2 chaos
Glove: 2 chaos
Rings: 1 chaos each (Bought them in early league)
Mod on gears: 15 chaos

DPS output
(6L Single Target Double Strike against Shaper/Guardian/Bosses): 1.5 million DPS!~
Spoiler

(6L Double Strike for clearing): 800k DPS~
Spoiler

(6L Double Strike for clearing against Shaper/Guardian Bosses): 660k DPS!~
Spoiler

(6L Lacerate for clearing): 1.20 million DPS!~
Spoiler

(6L Lacerate for Bossing): 1.01 million DPS!~
Spoiler

Build Review:
The build is quite nice, doesn't get one-shot by any mobs, fast and flexible, easy damage out-put and sustain. It's really good for beginner who just started the game. There may be some struggle when it comes to clearing mobs quickly, but I suggest using 5L/6L lacerate is more safer for clearing mobs.

I often died alot using 6L double strike to clear mobs, and this is due to when I jump in a group of mobs; I instantly got stun locked pretty easily even with 29% stun and block recovery rate.

It's easier to use lacerate as an alternative to clear mobs, and switching vaal double strike skill gems and lacerate only require 1 green slot! Yay! Both skills can be use for bossing and clearing depending on individual's choices.

I havn't got to uber-elder yet, and I'm trying to spread my elder influences toward the guardians, but...I failed most of the attempt - run out of currency while heavily investing in gears. Anyway, I'll try my best getting to uber elder and test this build out as soon as I can.

I switch up a little bit with Herald of Purity + Chance to bleed + Ancestral Protector. These 2 skill can be uses to bleed a whole group of monster or permanently bleed a unique boss - which is pretty nice~

My life pool is still around 4.8k hp~ Which is pretty low for a jug, and I havn't gotten any decent life jewel yet~ so it'll probably boost up to 5.5k as soon I invest in more expensive jewels. For now, 4.8k is decently good enough for me, since I dodge stuff around frequently rather than face-tanking most of the dangerous mods rolls on maps.

What about double strike on bosses? It's extremely good with bloodlust just like the original post mentioned. I encounter a t16 mastermind catarina boss today...and she melt like butter~ xD

Is dual wield still good without stats stick? Yeah, it's still pretty good.
Even without heavy investment like mine (5.8 exalted). You'll still be able to do most of the end-game content.
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Dec 23, 2018, 10:54:40 AM
Aseki2013,

Any chance you'd provide comment on my current build/equipment? Trying to figure out where to improve and what I should be farming.

Thanks!

Very good Build. Thank you very much for your interest and work. I follow it and it gives me very good results. Thank you
"
Zeleo0831 wrote:
Aseki2013,

Any chance you'd provide comment on my current build/equipment? Trying to figure out where to improve and what I should be farming.

Thanks!

TL:DR - Lot of stuff to change =P
Sorry it took 3 days to reply, because I've to make PoB of your build to fully understand what you're lacking or needed improvement.

I've made pastebin of your build and recommend a few changes that needed to be done. Takes a long time to review and theory craft about stuff that needed to be change.

Your build pastebin
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/ZfbGuzKy

Review
Spoiler
Your off-hand weapon needed to replace with a psuedo 5L/6L weapon if you're still planning to double strike as your clearing speed, and ancestral call is necessary to increase your clear speed.

However, after playing with this build for 3 weeks, I encounter various problem when with psuedo 5L/6L double strike links; I got stunned lock easily by syndicate members & group of mob, and end up dying. Kaom's Root is also a good boot if you don't like getting stun lock and it's immune to all kind of curses such as temporal.

Double strike is great for bossing, but not for clearing. So I recommend that you either use reave as your clearing ability, and it worked great if you have unyielding ascedency.

Some passive tree that is not worth investing in
Spoiler

The points could've been invest in % max life in the middle instead.
The mana leech nodes right here can be replaced with % phys Leech as mana either on ring or amulet
Not necessary unless you got all the recommended nodes.

Recommendation changes on passive tree
Spoiler
More life!
Endurance charge is nice
Boost your DPS & better jewel placement
the node near endurance charges gives 0.2% maximum life regenerated for every endurance charges. This is pretty good.

Important nodes
Spoiler

This node right here is the same as Haemophilia gloves, and extremely powerful. Although, I've test a few time and it does boost my DPS quite nicely against a group of mobs. Making "chance to bleed" support gem a top priority. I'm still theory crafting on this node and see if it useful for later on.

Blade flurry & Reave or other skills
Spoiler
You don't have to stick with Double Strike alone, and it's fine to use blade flurry & reave or other skills that you like. The ascendency on this build is great, it makes your character tankier and doesn't get 1 shot by mobs or bosses that is heavily uses physical DPS and crit. The disadvantage of double strike is that when you get near certain bosses that is heavily spell and elemental base - Unrelenting won't help much even it is invested. So therefore, changing up your skill against certain boss match-up may be a good idea. I am currently using Bladeflurry & Reave for pushing my end-game content. It's not recommended, but if you are heavily invested for this kind of build, then yeah.

Unyielding & Unstoppable
Spoiler
This is like a psuedo Inc Area of Effect gem support, making a reave 6L into a 7L, and it's boost your DPS as well up to 35% based on ur endurance charges. The maximum endurance charge for this build is 7.

This is also a nice ascedency, but only get this if u don't like kaom's root.

These 2 ascedency is pretty good, if you have a chance - try them out; especially unyielding with reave. It makes reave clear your whole screen :D

Jewels
Spoiler

These jewels are extremely cheap and they're about 1-2c. You can replace them with your current jewel slot. % max life jewel is extremely expensive w/ crit multiplier - Only get them if you're planning to invest heavily.

Gears (especially swords)
Spoiler

Dual wield 28% quality scaeva is really nice and equivalent to a 300 phys sword

An example of psuedo 5L/6L. This one is a 200 phys sword & it only cost 1c.

Another example of psuedo 5L/6L. This one is another 200 phys sword, and it cost 2-3c.

Some of these sword has missing prefix and suffix. Take advantage of it, because you can make a 1c sword into an 1-3ex sword for resell.

Glove: Spike glove w/ life & hybrid res - Later on you don't want to use Haemophilia anymore, because you need more life on your glove
Boot: Kaom's Root or a 80 - 100 life boot
Amulet: A shaped one with double Gain #% mod is extremely nice
Ring: Get a ring with Guatelizi - This mod can be found within incursion room that one of the temple engineer named Guatelizi. I am still quite unsure how people get these rare ring with this mod - Probably they kill the boss temple in order to make them drop I guess.
Ring with Inc Elemental DPS mod with attack skill is quite good too
Belt with Inc Elemental DPS mod with attack skill is good!

Example of the ring

How to personalize your build and see if it work or not.
Spoiler
- Search the item u want

- Click copy button on that item

- Ctrl + V to paste the item into Pob!

Utilize this basic method, you'll know what kind of items u really need or you're testing out the items!

If you need help reviewing builds. Free feel to msg me. Thx

PS: For farming currency to upgrade gear.
I would recommend doing uber lab or do elder/shaper blob around maps and do exalted shard. Chaos recipe would work too.

Anything that you sell from mapping can be used to exchange for chaos.

Farming watcher's eye: T6 and above.
As long shaper don't die, elder has a chance to drop watcher's eye - This is great! I made 2-5 exalted from doing this method. It's a long term investment.

Last edited by Aseki2013 on Dec 30, 2018, 8:48:51 PM
Another follow up on 3rd week of the league

Progress on end-game content

Spoiler

1) Uber Izaro - Done
2) Shaper - Done
3) Elder - Done
4) T16 Mastermind Boss - Done
5) Uber Atziri - Not Done
6) Uber Elder - Not Done

Passive tree & gears
Spoiler
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/4G4zz5BM

Current Gear: 6.1 exalted (From 5.8 exalted)
Spoiler

Individual's price
Spoiler
6L Brass Dome - 4.5 exalted
Shaped Amulet - 1 exalted
Jewels: 4 chaos
Main hand weapon: 20c (the sword worth 12c & I crafted a 105% phys + 20% chance to cause bleeding on attack mod, which cost 8c)
Off-hand weapon: 9 chaos (the sword worth 1c & I got lucky with the first try with 105% phys + 19% chance to cause bleeding on attacks, which cost 8c)
Boot: 5 chaos (Re-used kaom's root that I bought in the early game for 5c)
Glove: 10 chaos
Rings: 6 chaos each (On the right ring slot is 1c, and on left ring slot is 5c)
Mod on gears: estimation of 31 chaos

DPS output/Math (if you're curious!~)
Spoiler
(6L Single Target Double Strike against Shaper/Guardian/Bosses): 2.4 million DPS!~
Gem used: Vaal double strike - Melee Phys - Maim - Bloodlust - Multi-strike - Hypothermia.

Spoiler

(6L Double Strike for clearing): 1.16m DPS~
Gem used: Vaal double strike - Melee Phys - Maim - MultiStrike - Ancestral Call - Melee Splash
Spoiler

(6L Double Strike for clearing against Shaper/Guardian Bosses): 980k DPS!~
Gem used: Vaal double strike - Melee Phys - Maim - MultiStrike - Ancestral Call - Melee Splash
Spoiler

(6L Lacerate for clearing): 1.20 million DPS!~
Gem used: Lacerate - Melee phys - Maim - Multistrike - Ruthless -Hypothermia
Spoiler

(6L Lacerate for Bossing): 1.107 million DPS!~
Gem used: Lacerate - Melee Phys - Maim - Multistrike - Concentrated Effect - Hypothermia
Spoiler

(6L Blade Flurry for Bossing): 1.56 million DPS!~
Gem used: Blade flurry - Melee Phys - Maim - Concentrated Effect - Hypothermia - Bloodlust
Spoiler

(6L Reave for clearing): 850k DPS!~
Gem used Reave - Melee phys - Maim - Inc Critical Strike Chance - Multistrike - Hypothermia
Spoiler

Progress & struggles (from players that I've encounters)
Spoiler
I've receive a few pm from players who tried out the build, and some did not make it far or struggle trying to understand how to boost their DPS in order to make mapping comfortable.

1) Players who finished Act 1-10: Typically, when you're already finish all the acts & try to start on end-game content such as mapping. You'll find yourself some difficult doing a rare T1 maps. Some players cannot afford a Brass Dome, and end up getting 1 shot by a normal mobs while wearing an Abyssus. This is because Brass Dome is extremely expensive in the early league (NOTE: I bought my first brass dome on the second day of the league for 50c).

I also encounter players who can't map comfortable even with 30k to 100k double strike on a T1 rare map, because due to lack of understanding boost the DPS for double strike or any melee skills. This is fine, because I also encounter same issue and discover what players can/should do to boost their DPS in a budget manner. As you can see, both of my main hand and off hand weapon is not even cost that much, because you can utilize crafting bench to manipulate some item's affix to your advantage.

2) How to boost your DPS & what kind of item's affix will enhance your DPS
Spoiler

1) Increase elemental damage with attack skill: This mod can boost your DPS, especially hatred aura. Double strike is an attack skill, and it had cold damage from hatred; this mod affix will boost your elemental DPS in hatred.

NOTE: This mod can be found in ring, amulet, and belt as a prefix So whenever you're looking for these items and it's missing a prefix, you can use your crafting bench and utilize it.

Here is an example of Increase elemental damage with attack skills:
Spoiler

2) % Increased damage: This mod is betrayal league exclusively and it boost your damage much higher compare to Increase elemental damage with attack skill. It will boost both of your physical damage and elemental damage from aura.

NOTE: This mod can be found in ring, amulet, and belt as a prefix So whenever you're looking for these items and it's missing a prefix, you can use your crafting bench and utilize it.

Here is an example of % Increased damage
Spoiler

3) Increase global physical damage: It will also boost your physical DPS & elemental DPS from hatred

NOTE: This mod can be found as an implicit in rustic sash belt, and league exclusively crafting bench

Here is an example of Increase global physical damage:
Spoiler

4) % Melee Damage: This mod will boost your physical DPS & also elemental DPS from hatred

NOTE: This mod can only be found in spiked gloves & elder ring

Here is 2 examples of % Melee Damage:
Spoiler

Spoiler

5) Gain % Physical DPS into Fire/Cold/Lightning DPS: This mod boost your elemental DPS drastically, and act just like a stats stick. As you stack higher physical DPS; it'll also increase your elemental DPS.

NOTE: This mod can be found in shaped amulet and weapons, but can be also found in Essence of Hysteria

Here is 2 examples of Gain % Physical DPS into Elemental DPS:
Spoiler

Spoiler

6) Increase global critical chance or critical strike chance: Boost your overall effective DPS. This mod can be found as a suffix in crafting bench so utilize it whenever you can on an item that lacks this suffix

Here are 2 examples of this mod
Spoiler

Spoiler

7) Increase Critical strike multiplier: Boost your overall effective DPS. This mod can be found as a suffix in crafting bench so utilize it whenever you can on an item that lacks this suffix.

Here are 2 examples of this mod:
Spoiler

Spoiler

8) Increase % Phys or Hybrid Phys + accuracy: This will boost your overall effective DPS. This mod can be found as a prefix in crafting bench so utilize it whenever you can on an item that lack this prefix.

Here is an example of this mod:
Spoiler

9) Attack speed: This will boost your overall effective DPS. This mod can be found as a suffix in crafting bench so utilize it whenever you can on an item that lack this suffix.

Spoiler

Spoiler

10) Adds # to # physical damage: This mod will boost your average DPS. It can be found as a prefix in crafting bench so utilize it whenever you can on an item that lack this suffix.

Spoiler

3) How do I fund myself for gear upgrades?: Personally, I just simply play the game, and that's about it. I rotate myself from uber lab, mapping, crafting, bossing, delving, and chaos/exalted recipes. Everything that you do in the game will give you currency..
Spoiler

1) Uber Lab: Enchant, currency, and skills gems that can be obtain quite easily in lab running. Each run I usually made 7-10 chaos or 1-5 exalted depending on drops. However, usually 9 chaos is the average currency that I can obtain for each run.

2) Mapping: Run map normally regardless if I made profit or not. I have 2 separate tabs that is used for putting loot in and sort later. I just alch or transmute and run it. Everything that you sell from running maps can be convert into chaos or other type of currency.

3) Crafting: Abyss jewel crafting, Normal Jewel crafting, Abyss belt crafting, Weapon crafting. There's no trick to it. I just craft whenever there's option available. There's no trick to it; just crafting~

4) Bossing: I mostly kill elder's guardian and guardian himself in higher than T6 - T11 or red maps. Especially I made profits from watcher's eye without killing uber elder itself. If shaper is alive in your yellow tier or red map. Elder will have a chance to drop a watcher's eye.

5) Delving: Just normally delve, blow up fracture caves, encounter cities such as ancient, unknown, outpost, abyss, and boss room.

6) Chaos/exalted shards recipes: whenever I farm elder in yellow/red tier maps. I always run 15-19 elder/shaper influences before killing elder's guardians. I can pick up elder/shaped gears for exalted shard recipes which can be convert into exalted orb!~ By doing 19:1 ratio, you can run more elder/shaper influences map of your choice & more loots to sell for currency. Rares that I pick up & identified can be usually sell for a lot of currency; mostly ring, amulet, armour, weapon, boot, and gloves.

7) Others: Making a ton of profit from running maps, selling maps, flipping and etc. I'm not an expert in that even though I put in total of 900+ hours in game and yet still don't understand the most effective currency making method. I just played the game casually. Let just say I'm not good at making ton of currency whereas other expert players do!~ :D

Path of building for your build & personal uses: Pastebin is pretty easy to use to keep track of items require upgrade or whenever you want to make a purchase. Here are the steps that I really recommend when using path of buildding; it's easy and fast.
Spoiler

Step 1: Search the item you want
Example:
Spoiler

Step 2: Copy the item (Ctrl + C for in-game). You can copy from the official path of exile trade website or in-game (Yes, in-game function works the same way)
Spoiler

Step 3: Paste it in your path of building!

Before you paste!~
Spoiler

After you paste!~ Yay! Item pop up! Let's check it
Spoiler

Checking item~ Oh no, it's a bad item and it makes me lose DPS, but give me more life! Hmm, I need to find better glove
Spoiler

My next goal
Spoiler
1) Try out uber elder for the first time with this build
2) I'm planning to craft my first multi-craft weapon, so it'll probably cost me 5 exalted orb in total! It greatly boost my DPS!~
Here is an ideal of what I my first multi-craft looks like

450 phys DPS sword
Spoiler

500 phys DPS sword
Spoiler

PM me in-game (TriEETStarter) or here if you ever need help!~
Good luck and have fun!~
Hope yall have a new year!~
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Jan 1, 2019, 2:05:06 AM
How many Hp are you at at the moment ?
"
Lightgisele wrote:
How many Hp are you at at the moment ?

My current HP 5,749

Your current passive tree for this node:
Spoiler

I recommend you replace those nodes into this place in the passive tree.
Spoiler

Thank you for pm in-game!~ :)
Hello and thanks for your detailed explanations (sorry for my english :) ).

You are using reave for mobs and double strike supported by chance to bleed support for boss, is this right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info