[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
"
wildleprecaun wrote:
How do we make a enemy bleed if bloodlust is preventing Double Strike from causing bleed? Me and my friend have been discussing it for awhile and can't figure it out.

Thank you. Sorry for the noob question

Two methods:

1) If you want to use Bloodlust, you need to have two separate gem setups. One for Vaal Double Strike and one for Double Strike.

Double Strike in your 6 Link Chest and Vaal Double Strike(with Bloodlust) in your offhand weapon with some Pseudo sockets.

Look at my character for an example. This way Double Strike can create the bleed and is not truncated by Bloodlust which is only paired with Vaal Double Strike

2) If you want to keep only one set of gems for both Double Strike and Vaal Double Strike and also use Bloodlust, you can pair Chance to Bleed with Ancestral War Chief. This is a totem you drop on a boss and let the War Chief create the bleed and then unleash your Vaal Double Strike clones and watch him melt.

Thank you so much!
"
"
Woozywyvern wrote:
Ok thanks - I've made it so that my profile is viewable now.

ok thanks.

* The first thing to upgrade for maps is your off hand weapon. You still have the first one equipped from level 5.

You can pick up an early end game weapon for a tiny amount of currency that will greatly effect your character. You can pick up a really cheap Nebuloch if you want to get started for like 15c.

Then as you generate currency, continue to look to improve that weapon.

* One easy change I would make would be to toss the quick silver flask. Your Whirling Blades should give you more than enough movement speed for the build especially since you invested in Bloodmagic for the blades.
In The Quicksilver's place you can slot something like Atziri's Promise which will give you a nice boost in damage.

*Now that you have the 3rd lab point, you have no need to self cast enduring cry any more. In its place you can slot another skill. We have been experimenting with using Vaal Ancestral War chief in that slot. I like it so far.

* Assuming you are not trying to magic find, upgrade both your rings. You can find extremely cheap upgrades that will make your build better both offensively and defensively

* The big one you already know and that is work your way to saving up for a 6 link chest.

Brilliant - many thanks for the advice, it really is appreciated. I will look to switching out my off hand weapon immediately. I will also follow the other points you have raised, thanks again.

With regard to the rings. I had the two slotted that I have to help with my resists. Should I be looking to keep/improve on those resist values on my rings but also look for rings with much better life on them?
"
Woozywyvern wrote:

With regard to the rings. I had the two slotted that I have to help with my resists. Should I be looking to keep/improve on those resist values on my rings but also look for rings with much better life on them?

resists are very important. We do get a lot of help from our endurance charges but you still need to pay attention to them as you progress.

To keep things some what affordable, when searching for rings to buy, look for the following:

life, two different resists, and physical attack damage.

And just make sure they are better than what you have now and incrementally get better until you have enough funds to buy something much better.
Any tips for how I can improve my gear on my character aside from flasks I know they need updating ASAP.
My main problem is the toss up between keeping the skull sever as a stat stick for standard DS or taking the plunge and trying to get a 5/6 link body. Every time I try on PoB to swap my skills into a 5l and swap the skull sever for a nebuloch I seem to lose about 20kdps.
Any thoughts?
Last edited by Morrison16 on Sep 28, 2018, 8:25:22 AM
"
Morrison16 wrote:
Any tips for how I can improve my gear on my character aside from flasks I know they need updating ASAP.
My main problem is the toss up between keeping the skull sever as a stat stick for standard DS or taking the plunge and trying to get a 5/6 link body. Every time I try on PoB to swap my skills into a 5l and swap the skull sever for a nebuloch I seem to lose about 20kdps.
Any thoughts?

nebuloch is not a offensive weapon per say, for this build it gives a ton of defense by giving up some dps, so it is a build choice.

If you want to improve your dps outside of your weapon, you need to start getting "Adds physical damage to attack" stat on as many pieces and jewels as you can. Look at my build for some budget choices.

Getting the Abyssus helmet as soon as you can will be great as it is the key piece to the build. I think the original poster said it was the only requirement to the build.

"

nebuloch is not a offensive weapon per say, for this build it gives a ton of defense by giving up some dps, so it is a build choice.

If you want to improve your dps outside of your weapon, you need to start getting "Adds physical damage to attack" stat on as many pieces and jewels as you can. Look at my build for some budget choices.

Getting the Abyssus helmet as soon as you can will be great as it is the key piece to the build. I think the original poster said it was the only requirement to the build.

Thank you.
In regards to changing my body armour, do you think it's worth just using DS in my stat stick for now and waiting out until I can afford a decent 6l?
I've hit a wall with this character. I don't know what to do next. I can't get past level 91 and I couldn't handle Shaper's guardians. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Can anyone take a look at my build and tell me where I am going wrong? using pastebin PoB links since I have 2 offhand options

I know that i need more flat life but other than that...

first link is with a pseudo 6 link off hand

https://pastebin.com/UViVGzxv

second is with Nebuloch offhand...

https://pastebin.com/yMBRRPck

with the elder offhand, my chest is empty/unused. Any help is greatly appreciated!
"
Morrison16 wrote:

In regards to changing my body armour, do you think it's worth just using DS in my stat stick for now and waiting out until I can afford a decent 6l?

for your body armor I would get a cheap 5 link for now and move your Vaal Double Strike in it.

Keep your regular Double Strike in the stat stick for now.
"
luke_wayne wrote:
Can anyone take a look at my build and tell me where I am going wrong? using pastebin PoB links since I have 2 offhand options

I know that i need more flat life but other than that...

first link is with a pseudo 6 link off hand

https://pastebin.com/UViVGzxv

second is with Nebuloch offhand...

https://pastebin.com/yMBRRPck

with the elder offhand, my chest is empty/unused. Any help is greatly appreciated!

you are correct about needing more life. This amount of life you are playing with leaves you all to vulnerable to being 1 shot even with our damage mitigation.

The Nebuloch provides a ton of defense but it won't help you with that life pool at harder maps/bosses.

================

Your equipment looks good (outside of no life) but your flasks need to be changed around quite a bit.

1) You should be able to get away with a single life flask (panic) with the amount of life reg and leech the build has, and the investment in Herbalism

2) Witchfire Brew does not mesh with our build. It provides evasion but we are not an evasion build.

3) You should never be using a mana flask this late in the game. Your mana leech should be more than good enough to sustain mana
==================

You should consider maybe removing diamond skin from the tree. You get 24% resistance from the 6 Endurance Charges so if you find that you keep those charges up easy (which you should with this build) that gives you two more passives to use towards life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info