[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
Woozywyvern wrote:
"
Camatoo wrote:
ALso you dont need the 3rd double strike provided from your weapon. the vaal version is more than enough, since the 6L chest you are using is giving your more dps than the weapon slot

Sorry if I'm being stupid but can I just clraify on this point please? :)

I currently have as active.
1 Double Strike Gem set for clearing.
1 Vaal Double Strike Set for Bosses Using the standard Double Strike Version
The Same Vaal Double Strike Gem Vaal Version for tough boss fights.

Should I just drop the Vaal Double Strike 'Standard Attack' and have only the 'Vaal' version active from this gem and let the Vaal version activate whenever ready? (I had been reserving the Vaal activation for tough boss fights).

Thanks, sorry for my lack of understanding.

You only need the Double Strike in your chest for clearing. Herald of Ash/ice is enough overkill to nuke a whole trashpack.
The Vaal double strike in you weapon is for bossing yes, but you can also use it for clearing if you want. The clones are insane burst damage.

For bossing the rotation (as i understood) is you ramp up the souls for vaal DS then you enter the boss arena. Then you use your normal double strike in your chest to trigger bleeding on the boss. AFTER that you use your vaal double strike, since they deal additional damage to bleeding enemies.

The third normal double strike from the vaal gem is not needed, since the damage is way lower than a 6L double strike.
Hello there!
Can't get the very understanding of the build.
I seem to have decent gear, but lacking dps as well as survivability.
Please, help!
(The account privacy settings are ok)
Thank you!
Thank you for the detailed write up. I have been interested in trying a tanky character and I am going to attempt this.

I have a question about the second weapon (non main hand). How does that weapon get used in this build with Double Strike?

The text with Double Strike indicates it will only attack with the main hand so I am a bit confused.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 20, 2018, 3:23:49 PM
"
Thank you for the detailed write up. I have been interested in trying a tanky character and I am going to attempt this.

I have a question about the second weapon (non main hand). How does that weapon get used in this build with Dual Strike?

The text with Dual Strike indicates it will only attack with the main hand so I am a bit confused.

That is why your offhand is a "statstick" with such mods as gained elemental damage as a percentage of physical, increased attack speed, etc...
"
Ogrenci wrote:

That is why your offhand is a "statstick" with such mods as gained elemental damage as a percentage of physical, increased attack speed, etc...

ok I think I understand.

Would this weapon be of any use in my offhand then for this build when leveling (it is in my stash right now)?

"

ok I think I understand.

Would this weapon be of any use in my offhand then for this build when leveling (it is in my stash right now)?

As I understand, it will only give you 10% attack speed and some life leech.
Better use nebuloch or something like
"
Ogrenci wrote:

As I understand, it will only give you 10% attack speed and some life leech.
Better use nebuloch or something like

How do I determine which stats are local to the weapon and which stats are global to my charter?

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 20, 2018, 6:23:38 PM
I have a question about mana usage.

I am early in the game (level 13) but I am popping mana flasks a lot.

The guide suggests to pick up Herald of Ice and Ash in Act 2. When I turn those on, 50% of the mana pool will be gone.

I don't see any mana leech on the tree until super late in the game. Should we be looking very early in the game for mana leech on gear to help sustain using the two heralds?

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 20, 2018, 8:46:42 PM
Can someone please have a look at my character.

https://pastebin.com/vdBbPTw6

I know i have some easy upgrades, but i've already put so much ex in to my gear, my jewels and I don't feel tanky at all.

My dps feels kinda lacking also. Any help or tips would be much appreciated.
First day went well. I am at level 26 and just made it to act 3 cleanly with no deaths.

Vaal Double Strike is RIDICULOUS! I don't even have it linked to anything yet and it disintegrated Vaal Oversoul in about 2 seconds.

Still having some Mana issues from my earlier question on using Double Strike when clearing. I am running both Ash and Ice Heralds leaving me 50% of my mana pool so I have to drink a mana flask quite a bit. I feel like I am missing something but I am not going to worry about it for a while.

I have Bloodrage but not yet using it since I can not sustain it with my current life regen. I figure I will pick some regen up along the way in the tree.

Next step is going to start expanding into some 4 link setups as I find them.

Hopefully I can figure out my mana issue before I get whirling blades.

If anyone has any recommendations on how to handle mana well before the one mana leech node we take, please let me know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info