[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

Hi guys. Damaga against trash seems fine but my single target setup is not satisfactory. Can someone help me improve my gear/damage output? thanks
Owner of build, big big thanks for it leveling it right now feels nice so far BUT god damn i cant understand anything out of build DESCRIPTION its toooooooooo well written, too much info and no clear guidelines so if Owner mind could you give me some info on some few things

1. 6L Armor skill gems are?
Dual strike, crit support, melee phys dmg, and whats other for best single target dps. (for clear might start using lacerate)

2. Main hand weapon unique or any good rare (thinking will pick Ahn's Might)
3. Off hand weapon, unique or any good rare (thinking will pick Nebuloch)

4. What armor for end game. Brass dome? Belly or anything will do?

Again thank you for your time and effort making this build!
"
diabloxxx400 wrote:
Owner of build, big big thanks for it leveling it right now feels nice so far BUT god damn i cant understand anything out of build DESCRIPTION its toooooooooo well written, too much info and no clear guidelines so if Owner mind could you give me some info on some few things

Dual strike, crit support, melee phys dmg, and whats other for best single target dps. (for clear might start using lacerate)

THese are my experiences:
It took me some time to figure things out, there is a lot of tl;dl ^^

1. Basically, you need 2x vaal double strike. One for bossing and one for clearing mobs (but you can use another skill for that - as you said, lacerate).
For single target, bloodlust, multistrike are really good.

2. I'm using rare weapons, since my current 5l armor have the mapping ds (ancestral call, melee splash).
For bosses I use these weapons (but don't know which is best):

There are good uniq weapons too, but if you don't want to swap gems for bosses/mobs, a good rare can be used as a pseudo 5-6 link.

3. Nebuloch is good but there are many good rare stat stick as well.

4. I'm using brass dome, but can't help you in this. I'm not used to tanky melee chars, and as I experienced (so far) elemental damage can hurt really bad sometimes.
"
ThIsIsToXiN wrote:
"
diabloxxx400 wrote:

1. Basically, you need 2x vaal double strike. One for bossing and one for clearing mobs (but you can use another skill for that - as you said, lacerate).

2. I'm using rare weapons, since my current 5l armor have the mapping ds (ancestral call, melee splash).

There are good uniq weapons too, but if you don't want to swap gems for bosses/mobs, a good rare can be used as a pseudo 5-6 link.

4. I'm using brass dome, but can't help you in this. I'm not used to tanky melee chars, and as I experienced (so far) elemental damage can hurt really bad sometimes.

Thx for some nice tips, guess build is kind use what you like type, basic foundations is made by build itself and gear comes from personal taste :). Might be adapting build with my other Bloodseeker claw dual strike one cuz see lot of similarities here
"
diabloxxx400 wrote:
"
ThIsIsToXiN wrote:
"
diabloxxx400 wrote:

Thx for some nice tips, guess build is kind use what you like type, basic foundations is made by build itself and gear comes from personal taste :). Might be adapting build with my other Bloodseeker claw dual strike one cuz see lot of similarities here

Here's the deal:

This build has a Double Strike single target DPS gem setup that leans on bloodlust. This attack, however, cannot apply bleed.
This build also has a multi-target/clearing gem setup, for which he also uses Double Strike. This must apply bleed, but really can be whatever skill you want.

For trash, you don't use the single target setup at all, just the clearing (up to 6) link.

For bosses, you attack with the clearing skill setup until bleed is applied, and then switch to hitting with the single target DS setup to dish out that sweet, sweet added flat damage to bleeding targets.

The argument for using Vaal Double Strike in both is because DS's Vaal activation is insane: two clones that go ham (hard as a mofo) on your single target. With two Vaal DS skillgems, that means FOUR clones taking the train to Boss City, soon to be population: ZERO.

It seems one direction to take the build into specific boss encounter would be to 6-link the bloodlust et al. DS attack and then set up Ancestral Warchief to make the boss bleed. But then again, this drops the 'Bosses with Friends' aspect of the build.
Hiya, ive been playing this build and wanted to share my gear/experience

I run triple herald (Purity/Ash/Ice) Purity adds get culling and i use vaal ancestral warchief to apply bleed for bosses

Spoiler

Looking for upgrades any suggestions?
Got a question about the weapons,

I have been using:

and recently picked up this:

This gives my Vaal ds 6link, altho when I sim in PoB it still gives me less DPS than my first sword. Is this possible, what am I missing?

Edit: I think I calculated it wrong, went from 30k to 40k on vaal ds so it was prob a decent upgrade, no idea what would be considered good dps for endgamebosses tho.
Last edited by Anden888 on Sep 14, 2018, 7:11:52 PM
Hi there, I made this build in the delve league and I've been having fun so far. I'm having success with most of the things but recently I tried doing elder and I've had 3 tries but I just can't do enough damage to him. Can someone please take a look at my character and gear and offer me some suggestions on what am I missing or what should I so to improve my character ? I'm having troubles with damage against guardians/elder.
Gear linked. I switch ancestral call gem with chance to bleed on hard bosses on the armor gem setup.

Spoiler

One more thing that I'm struggling with - How do you know if the enemy has bleed applied to it and when to switch to the single target skill ?

Feedback would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Hi i am currently trying out this build and it is really fun but i do have some concerns as to whether if i am on the right track on further strengthening this build. I have some issue with the "tankiness" of the build. I am currently level 74 and i have total armor of 5528 and 4.2k hp and i feel like i do not have enough armor because my health keeps dropping to a critical level most of the time when i am facing mobs and map bosses i have hard time tanking damage. What do i need to change?

thanks guys for helping me out.
"
ChimeraShot wrote:
Hi there, I made this build in the delve league and I've been having fun so far. I'm having success with most of the things but recently I tried doing elder and I've had 3 tries but I just can't do enough damage to him. Can someone please take a look at my character and gear and offer me some suggestions on what am I missing or what should I so to improve my character ? I'm having troubles with damage against guardians/elder.
Gear linked. I switch ancestral call gem with chance to bleed on hard bosses on the armor gem setup.

After the sword nodes you really shouldn't need Chance to Bleed. Maim is good. I have my Vaal DS with Lvl 20 Maim (pseudo) and doing around 32k Vaal DS / 220k single target. Bosses get shredded quite quickly and with Maim + Temporal Chains they are much easier to dodge and kite. It helps to clear the trash and lure him into your Warchief then use the few seconds opportunity to put on the hurt rather than just standing still trying to tank every hit.

Your jewelry could be optimized for Phys/Crit scaling a little better. I'm using :

While nowhere near perfect the extra added # to # Physical Damage to Attacks + Crit Multi does help for pushing higher single target DPS. I've got more on jewels as well.

My advice is to look where you can squeeze in some extra # to # Physical / Crit Multi / # to # Elemental to Attacks and Physical to Ele conversion. I'd also recommend snagging a high roll Ahn's to get the highest pDPS possible. Switch your Psuedo-3 Link shaped stick to your off-hand and just use it to buff your Vaal setup.

It might seem dumb with all the dope main hands posted on this thread but a high-roll Ahn's has the base Physical dmg of a Rare wep worth 3 exalt, AND it adds 50% Crit Multi. Great budget main hand, prolly won't cost more than 20 chaos. Just try to get one that's within 5% of a perfect roll and you're set.

My weps aren't BiS but it's what I can do for right now. Anything better will require huge costs and I'm not sure how much more DPS I can squeeze out of it. Helm enchant is my next upgrade.

"
ChimeraShot wrote:
One more thing that I'm struggling with - How do you know if the enemy has bleed applied to it and when to switch to the single target skill ?

I find that even just a second of holding down my clear DS will apply bleed. I don't wait to check although you should be able to disengage and see their health drop (slowly). One thing I did that helps is mod Ancestral Warchief with Faster Attacks + Chance to Bleed. There's no way my totem doesn't apply bleed before it dies and I haven't had any issue getting the extra added flat damage from Bloodlust doing this.

"
jkim427 wrote:
Hi i am currently trying out this build and it is really fun but i do have some concerns as to whether if i am on the right track on further strengthening this build. I have some issue with the "tankiness" of the build. I am currently level 74 and i have total armor of 5528 and 4.2k hp and i feel like i do not have enough armor because my health keeps dropping to a critical level most of the time when i am facing mobs and map bosses i have hard time tanking damage. What do i need to change?

thanks guys for helping me out.

Lvl 87 I have 11,613 Armor, around 76 - 82% Physical Dmg Reduction w/ 5 Endurance charges and 6K Life and I'm not even using Brass Dome (didn't feel I needed it). I still occasionally get knocked down to 5-10% Life but with 630 Regen + Life Steal + Bubbling Flask I can instantly heal back up.

I would go through and upgrade each piece of gear until you have 60-80 Maximum Life on everything and preferably Armor/Strength only gear. Plates, greaves, gauntlets / spiked gloves. Don't use any hybrid gear even if it has the resists you need.

Elemental and Chaos will still hit hard but hopefully with 5 endurance charges + Promise/Amethyst flask you will be able to survive most situations. That's the idea anyway.

Last edited by Abletto on Sep 15, 2018, 9:45:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info