[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

I'll be honest, the damage isn't the problem for me--I seem to be very squishy.

I did manage merc lab last night @ lvl 67/68 w/o issue after getting a decent chest armor (my armor was 2k at the time--I got it up to 5k).

However even t3 map bosses tend to beat on me pretty hard. Not sure what the problem is as clearing packs do just explode. But even sometimes in Delve I get stuck (can't whirrling blades out of corner) and die to random mobs. Having played for a while, its defeintly not a very survivable build for me. I'm wording if I am missing some leech or something.

Example--Burial Grounds boss annhliated me last night. I was scooting all over the place, but I couldn't stick on him to damage him and he just blew up everything around me killing me. Usually I can afk farm at this level with bad builds, low resists, etc.

Not sure about the Bloodlust gem either--do I put this in a 4L? If so what causes bleed. Sometimes the mechanics of how everything works together escapes me, and reading comments its not clear what causes bleed to trigger extra damage.
Check your gem setups. You miss alot of what is explained in the guide.

Link your Temporal Chains to Cast When Damage Taken. This will help your defense. You also miss the second Double Strike 4-link setup for deleting the bosses.
Last edited by Gixxpunk on Sep 5, 2018, 11:23:19 AM
Can anyone recommend approximate level/HP/armour/etc for when it's pretty safe to start farming uber lab? Never done an uber lab character before and as I'm in hardcore, I'd like to avoid losing the character and all my delve progress if I fuck up and get one-shot by something.

Currently I'm lvl 83, 12.7k armor, 5.9k health. Gems are still lvl 18-19 but even my 4L DPS feels pretty strong.
Hey could i get any advice on what to focus on when searching for rare main hand swords? Or any unique weapons that would do?
"
Hey could i get any advice on what to focus on when searching for rare main hand swords? Or any unique weapons that would do?

Biggest thing to look for is high base attack speed, definitely of 2+, and then solid Phys DPS, and absolutely definitely look for a base with either already rolled high crit, or an open suffix for crafting 27 % crit chance.

You can also try crafting one yourself, and you can get a weapon that will serve you for a long time for almost nothing.

Pick up a iLvl 84 Jewelled Foil, and roll a few screaming essences of Zeal on it (shrieking if you have more money), looking for either at least 100% increased phys, or at least t3 flat added phys. Once you get one of those 2, simply craft on the other component with Vagan; ie if you get T2 Flat phys, go craft on 79% inc phys, or if you get 100+% inc phys, craft on flat phys.

You can get yourself a 300+ pDPS 2APS sword pretty quickly using this method, and can even maybe get lucky and get a GG weapon.

If buying, I wouldn't buy under 1.9 APS.
"
Dolmur wrote:
Can anyone recommend approximate level/HP/armour/etc for when it's pretty safe to start farming uber lab? Never done an uber lab character before and as I'm in hardcore, I'd like to avoid losing the character and all my delve progress if I fuck up and get one-shot by something.

Currently I'm lvl 83, 12.7k armor, 5.9k health. Gems are still lvl 18-19 but even my 4L DPS feels pretty strong.

I would highly suggest picking up a Brass Dome if you want to safely farm Uber Lab. Look for the highest armour roll for a reasonable price, and your phys reduction will absolutely skyrocket with the "doubled chestpiece armour" from Juggernaut node.

Also if you want to farm quickly, I would suggest picking up a Brightbeak and a Prismatic eclipse to swap in offhand for lightning fast leap-slamming. Be sure to make all the sockets on Prismatic green for the highest speed.

Other safety tips would be to pick up a 'Warding' affix on one of your flasks to get rid of the curses from fonts in Izaro fights, and to absolutely get a Basalt Flask with a 90+% 'Increased Armour during flask Effect Roll" (of Iron Skin)

Quicksilvers aren't needed for lab-running, as you're going to be leap-slamming 99% of the time, so that can be swapped out for lab runs.

Looked through a few pages of this guide. Working great so far.. but why 2 Double Strike gems? 1 regular in chest piece and vaal in weapon link? Why not just use the Vaal version in the chest and skip the regular one completely?
Sorry kind of new to game but seems pointless to use both.
Hey you mention that you need 2 essential items but then only post abyssus. What is the second item? Thanks so much for the guide! At Lvl 73 right now and loving it.
"
Vockon wrote:
Looked through a few pages of this guide. Working great so far.. but why 2 Double Strike gems? 1 regular in chest piece and vaal in weapon link? Why not just use the Vaal version in the chest and skip the regular one completely?
Sorry kind of new to game but seems pointless to use both.

Some of the support gems used with regular double strike actually reduce your damage output, but apply that damage across a much larger area. This is very beneficial for fighting packs of monsters, but detrimental to your single target DPS. So for boss killing we use a second link, and the Vaal version of the gem is used here because it shines in single target situations.

As for placement, you'll want to keep your second link setup in gloves boots or helm as a 4-link until you get a good weapon with shaper mods to get a pseudo 5 or 6 link (this won't happen until well into endgame, such weapons are pretty difficult to obtain).
Need help. Please.

Firstly, I am really confused for something i bet is really simple. the guide says use Vaal Double Strike with bloodlust. but then you can't make target bleed. So i got a 5L for a normal double strike. but then the guide says try to get shaper chance to bleed on your MH. but there arent any skills that would be useful on. So my question is, is the Vaal DS supposed to go into the 5L? and the normal DS just goes into the shaper weapon?

Secondly, why not run vulnerability with Curse on Hit? I feel like that would help, a lot.

Thank you guys.

B B B B B Bonus question! if anyone could tell me why im so squishy thatd be great. Cant even kill 2nd lab Izaro.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheWhy2K/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info