(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Going to respond to the past days questions before stream after I wake up, 2 days - 36 hours of stream got me sleepy.
LightyGaming.com
You do know that Arctic Armor doesnt work cause you dont stand still while cycloning? Or am I mistaken there
"
Fr3shDee wrote:
You do know that Arctic Armor doesnt work cause you dont stand still while cycloning? Or am I mistaken there

It doesn't provide the standing still defensive bonuses but it still chills enemies, which slows their attack and movement speed. This allows the player to move around them faster (relatively), and avoid their attacks easier.

It's not a huge bonus, but it's the best 25% mana reservation remaining available to us.
nm
Last edited by Drahken on Mar 6, 2016, 2:51:13 PM
bookmarked
hi im making this build seems pretty fun and easy for a new player like me but im wondering if u are playing the same skill tree that is in the guide for maces ty
Isn't Juggernaut a better option for hardcore? And is it worth going into Unrelenting instead of Unstoppable?
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Mar 6, 2016, 7:16:33 PM
So I haven't really been able to find much use for Ancestral Protector like I'd hoped. It adds a nice little damage boost between it's own damage and your buffed attack speed, but the unfortunate combination of it's timed duration, range tether (it goes dormant if you stray more than a few yards away from it), and ability to be killed can lead to a lot of wasted time resummoning the thing when a boss changes position or destroys it with AoE that you were smart enough to move out of.

On the other hand, I've found the glove Enhancement Word of War to be downright awesome. It does the same damage as a non-linked Ancestral Protector with none of it's downsides: The summoned weapons spawn automatically, cannot be attacked, have quite a large movement range, and are great for finishing off enemies that are one hit away from death without having you to re-cyclone over them.

Also a special mention for the Stone Golem. I know that the common consensus is that the Chaos Golem is a better pick due to it's flat physical DR rather than Life Regen, but the major difference between the two is that the Stone Golem taunts enemies with it's attacks. This allows it to divert attention from you, which can provide significant, if random, damage mitigation on its own. Things may change as I get into the higheset levels of content, but so far I've found it to be an outstanding leveling aid.
FYI : Apparently Juggernaut's "Unstoppable" cancels Cyclone's movement penalty.

-> https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/49az6s/psa_juggernauts_unstoppable_mechanics/
"
Tsicafrou wrote:
FYI : Apparently Juggernaut's "Unstoppable" cancels Cyclone's movement penalty.

-> https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/49az6s/psa_juggernauts_unstoppable_mechanics/

I'd say mitigates rather than cancels. Unfortunately it only matters up to 30% movespeed, and since we tend to stack movespeed well beyond that anyway, it eventually loses that bonus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info