(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

With the announcement of PoE Patch 2.1 a few changes will be coming to 2H Cyclone based on released Info (will update this post in real time).

Blasphemy related stuff
Blasphemy converts a curse into a aura around you for 25% mana reservation and will most likely be replacing Arctic Armour for the 2nd 25% aura slot. Check out the demo video to get a better idea of how it works. Below is the list of applicable Cyclone curses with Warlords Mark and Punishment at the top of my list. This will change my personal (and most common) Aura Setup to [ Hatred + Herald Of Ash + Blasphemy + Curse ] which was already taking a 4L slot with no beneficial 4th gem so it fits well.

Potential Blasphemy Candidates:

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 13, 2015, 4:19:22 AM
Managed to re-jig into using Devoto's - I'm loving the move speed. Dropped using Herald of Ash now, so not reserving any life (If I keep this guy going post 2.1.0 I would probably use a Blasphemy curse though). With a bit of skill tree change (routing through life and armour rather than damage) I'm back up to 5k life, and still on 28k damage. Can still take a few more life nodes and at least one more jewel too by lvl 90 - rarely go beyond that anyway.

Current gear

Some gloves with damage mods would be good, though would need better boots to compensate too. Need to either re-roll the WED on the belt or switch for move speed (Not bad option as added fire is my only elemental damage now). And obviously main thing is to try and get an upgrade to Kaom's.

Some of the chaos support options could be interesting in 2.1.0 too - as I'm currently doing 40% chaos (Could socket a malicious intent jewel for the unholy might chance too)
"
Carlovski wrote:
Managed to re-jig into using Devoto's - I'm loving the move speed. Dropped using Herald of Ash now, so not reserving any life (If I keep this guy going post 2.1.0 I would probably use a Blasphemy curse though). With a bit of skill tree change (routing through life and armour rather than damage) I'm back up to 5k life, and still on 28k damage. Can still take a few more life nodes and at least one more jewel too by lvl 90 - rarely go beyond that anyway.

Current gear

Some gloves with damage mods would be good, though would need better boots to compensate too. Need to either re-roll the WED on the belt or switch for move speed (Not bad option as added fire is my only elemental damage now). And obviously main thing is to try and get an upgrade to Kaom's.

Some of the chaos support options could be interesting in 2.1.0 too - as I'm currently doing 40% chaos (Could socket a malicious intent jewel for the unholy might chance too)

Your assumptions are correct and to find better gloves than yours would be an expensive/difficult endeavor; personally I would focus on the boots. 1-5% movement speed on belt would be better than WeD for you considering the setup and of course Atziri Disfavour over Kaoms Primacy when you can afford it. Come 2.1 you could potentially run Void Manipulation as a 6th link considering how little WeD does for you and how Void Manipulation has a more multiplier. That being said you would lose a chunk of dps you gain from Added fire damage so it would require testing. Malicious intent is "okay" but considering your axe so you already have Slaughter it seems a bit of an overreach considering the onslaught buffs don't stack; however they do refresh.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 13, 2015, 1:34:00 PM
Hey Lighty!

I've been using your guide for a while, but I have to say I find myself short of dexterity to support all my green gems (more importantly blood rage). I see in your gear that you only have +dex on one piece only. Do you get the missing dex from the passive tree or am I missing something else?
"
Rynmoren wrote:
Hey Lighty!

I've been using your guide for a while, but I have to say I find myself short of dexterity to support all my green gems (more importantly blood rage). I see in your gear that you only have +dex on one piece only. Do you get the missing dex from the passive tree or am I missing something else?

Your missing the fluid motion unique jewel. I run that to cover all my missing Dex but once you get better gear you shouldn't have to use it ; you don't need level 20 Dex hungry gems overall.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Rynmoren wrote:
Hey Lighty!

Your missing the fluid motion unique jewel. I run that to cover all my missing Dex but once you get better gear you shouldn't have to use it ; you don't need level 20 Dex hungry gems overall.

Well that makes sense... Luckily I actually have it, so I'm gonna slap that in!
"
Rynmoren wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Rynmoren wrote:
Hey Lighty!

Well that makes sense... Luckily I actually have it, so I'm gonna slap that in!

Ideally you shouldn't have to use it but in most scenarios unless you have very good jewelry you have to.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:

Try swapping [Phase run + Increased Duration] for [Leap Slam + Faster Attacks]; I find it better overall. You 100% want to run vengeance, even if unlinked it is very worthwhile. Replace the granite flask with a Rumi's Concoction and the Bubbling Divine Flask for a Taste of Hate (expensive but worth it). Replace Added Chaos Damage with flat phys, it scales much better; master craft something on the second ring. If possible make your quicksilver flask Charge recovery & Movement speed ( best combo ). let me know if this all makes sense and how it goes!

Tried it and can confirm its way better than swapping weapons for leap slam. :D
Thanks for this tip!

Best Build and Guide i followed. Great work!

Looking forward to the new gem. :)
"
kuchen85 wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

Try swapping [Phase run + Increased Duration] for [Leap Slam + Faster Attacks]; I find it better overall. You 100% want to run vengeance, even if unlinked it is very worthwhile. Replace the granite flask with a Rumi's Concoction and the Bubbling Divine Flask for a Taste of Hate (expensive but worth it). Replace Added Chaos Damage with flat phys, it scales much better; master craft something on the second ring. If possible make your quicksilver flask Charge recovery & Movement speed ( best combo ). let me know if this all makes sense and how it goes!

Tried it and can confirm its way better than swapping weapons for leap slam. :D
Thanks for this tip!

Best Build and Guide i followed. Great work!

Looking forward to the new gem. :)

Thanks buddy and yeah its alot more efficient overall; look forward to the many cyclone related updates that 2.1 has to offer!
LightyGaming.com
hey lighty,
can u make a skill tree which includes the inspired learning jewel?
thanks=)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info