(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hi,
first I´d like to say I really love this build, pretty much the only thing that killed me was Malakai...
Until now. I tried the atziri, more like "how far can I get before it tears me down" as i knew i was under-equipped, but it still surprised me how fast I died to the trio. So to the usual question - could you advice me on the next upgrade? :)

current gear

I know the links are off, esp on the boots, but that should not be the problem...

Current HP 3,9k,
DPS 12k (Hatred+Haste+HoA)
"
blingi wrote:

Is Kaom's really better defensively than Lightning Coil?
Currently thinking about which of those two I should buy now that I have a 6l Disfavour.

I already have close to 7k health, so the Heart would probably get me to around 8500 (~20% more) but I'm not sure how much mitigation the 30% damage taken as lightning turns out to be (I have around 55% physical reduction with endurance charges and 85% with granite potion up).
Kaom's would probably force me to drop Leap Slam and either one CWDT setup or Vengeance.

coil is better defensively over any chest im very surprised he doesnt suggest using it for high end maps. more gem potentials and alot more mitigation. however for certain things id prefer belly or kaoms heart. if i was chain farming normal atziri id prob just roll kaoms heart nothign hits that hard and with huge hp u can ignore fire and lightning dmg from vaal and atziri.. uber atziri however id probably want coil for trash and trio and kaoms for vaal and atziri. thats what i did with my rf marauder at least. worked well.

edit

though the 1000hp kaoms would be bis if ur on standard for sure.
Last edited by bosis1 on Aug 17, 2015, 3:29:05 PM
"
Ysqanir wrote:
Current HP 3,9k,
DPS 12k (Hatred+Haste+HoA)

I'd be interested in your level + tree because at level 73, I got both more life (5.3k) and more DPS (14.8k with just Hatred + Herald) but your gear actually looks decent. The boots are lacking in resists though, the amulet and sapphire ring could also do with more useful stats (especially life but also damage).

It's also little surprise that trio or Atziri kill you rather fast with 3.9k life. I think for melee at least 5k would be appropriate.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Aug 17, 2015, 4:55:32 PM
"
bosis1 wrote:
"
blingi wrote:

Is Kaom's really better defensively than Lightning Coil?
Currently thinking about which of those two I should buy now that I have a 6l Disfavour.

I already have close to 7k health, so the Heart would probably get me to around 8500 (~20% more) but I'm not sure how much mitigation the 30% damage taken as lightning turns out to be (I have around 55% physical reduction with endurance charges and 85% with granite potion up).
Kaom's would probably force me to drop Leap Slam and either one CWDT setup or Vengeance.

coil is better defensively over any chest im very surprised he doesnt suggest using it for high end maps. more gem potentials and alot more mitigation. however for certain things id prefer belly or kaoms heart. if i was chain farming normal atziri id prob just roll kaoms heart nothign hits that hard and with huge hp u can ignore fire and lightning dmg from vaal and atziri.. uber atziri however id probably want coil for trash and trio and kaoms for vaal and atziri. thats what i did with my rf marauder at least. worked well.

edit

though the 1000hp kaoms would be bis if ur on standard for sure.

Is that mitigation from LC really better than flat 20% more life when I have ~85% physical mitigation from armor most of the time?
Would be interesting to know how much damage from big physical hits actually gets absorbed with that armor so it can be compared to the mitigation LC offers (reducing my physical damage taken by 22.5% and making my armor slightly more effective).
Last edited by blingi on Aug 17, 2015, 6:44:38 PM
I've found a new found love for this game due to this build. Can someone give me some tips for upgrades for my marauder? (gear AND flasks). Also any help with my skill gems / link would help!!

twitch.tv/cutedog_
Last edited by CuteDog_ on Aug 17, 2015, 7:14:41 PM
"
The_Rain_Man wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Metal_Rex wrote:
Hi guy,

I'm running good with your build in my first hardcore run but can you tell my why you don't take blood magic as passive skill? It's bcause the auras?

Pros:
~ dont need to run bloodmagic support gems on anything ( +1 cyclone link )
~ 35% increased maximum life
~ 50% less mana reserved ( herald of ash maybe? )

Cons:
~ Less damage ( no hatred - haste ect. )
~ Alot less damage ( no hatred - haste ect. )

I'm a little confused by the whole alot less dps by taking the Bloodmagic node.
I run the BM node in my build.
standing in my H/O my dps is 46.5k. If i turn on Herald of ash my dps is 51.3k my HP goes from 9.7k to 8.4k which doesn't hurt even in full partys its still completely viable. Then when i enter a map and run Fortify and Bloodrage my dps is 70.9K when i pop atziris flask it's 81k.
That's alone in a map.
Then in full partys because i am leeching off other peoples auras i have seen my dps go over 100k i'd prob say 110-120k max always varies depending on what auras people are running.

When i take out my added fire gem and leave the socket empty and say the BM gem is in there and i turn on Hatred and Haste my dps standing in my H/O is 45k. so 1.5k less dps than when i turn the auras off and put the added fire gem back in the socket. Then if i was running hatred and haste in a full party i won't be leeching them auras if people are running them but most people do so it's less dps again.
I can't figure out how it is less dps???

I'm a curious about this as well as I noticed the same thing yesterday when I dropped BM Keystone. Still leveling so it's not to this degree. My change was about the same % drop of DPS though, roughly:

w/ BM Keystone and no Aura's:
+250 Life
+200 DPS (Gem swap BM for Added Fire)
+Ease of Linking

I intend to run at CWDT>Ice Nova>CoH>Enfeeble setup, and will have to sacrifice 3 Skill Points + Jewewl slot to do it. Keeping BM would also free up those 3 points and a Jewel for me.

Can anyone elaborate on why having Aura's is so important? I'd likely still run AA with BM and eat the HP loss, but the DPS gain seems to cancel itself out with Hatred+HoA. Unless I'm missing something? Do aura's begin to scale higher at a certain point?

Last edited by crux47 on Aug 18, 2015, 9:59:03 AM
"
crux47 wrote:

and haste in a full party i won't be leeching them auras if people are running them but most people do so it's less dps again.
I can't fi
I'm a curious about this as well as I noticed the same thing yesterday when I dropped BM Keystone. Still leveling so it's not to this degree. My change was about the same % drop of DPS though, roughly:

w/ BM Keystone:
+2k Life
+200 DPS
+Ease of Linking
-Aura's

I intend to run at CWDT>Ice Nova>CoH>Enfeeble setup, and will have to sacrifice 3 Skill Points + Jewewl slot to do it. Keeping BM would also free up those 3 points and a Jewel for me.

Can anyone elaborate on why having Aura's is so important? I'd likely still run AA with BM and eat the HP loss, but the DPS gain seems to cancel itself out with Hatred+HoA. Unless I'm missing something? Do aura's begin to scale higher at a certain point?

no auras vs bm is a personal choice really. being able to use some auras is nice though. i mean u can use puritty of fire for atziri etc. but i have been debating on it too. i never use purity of fire on normal atziri anyways.
I have tried running BM and with Herald of Ash on life (Cyclone - Added Fire - Weapon Elemental - Fortify -Melee Phys - Faster Attacks) and I still do less damage than I do with 1 less link and Herald + Hatred (Cyclone - Added Fire - Weapon Elemental - Fortify -Melee Phys - Blood Magic).

The problem with your experiment was that you didn't use Added Fire before which should be used even with Blood Magic as one of your links.

I haven't tried using Increased AOE + Concentrated Effect instead of Weapon Elemental + Faster Attacks though so maybe that would yield more DPS.
Maybe someone could try this.

In any case, BM keystone seems to be a good choice if you are running in a party that can supply Hatred.
"
blingi wrote:
I have tried running BM and with Herald of Ash on life (Cyclone - Added Fire - Weapon Elemental - Fortify -Melee Phys - Faster Attacks) and I still do less damage than I do with 1 less link and Herald + Hatred (Cyclone - Added Fire - Weapon Elemental - Fortify -Melee Phys - Blood Magic).

The problem with your experiment was that you didn't use Added Fire before which should be used even with Blood Magic as one of your links.

I haven't tried using Increased AOE + Concentrated Effect instead of Weapon Elemental + Faster Attacks though so maybe that would yield more DPS.
Maybe someone could try this.

In any case, BM keystone seems to be a good choice if you are running in a party that can supply Hatred.

So it's a matter of how many links your Cyclone is in it seems. I only have 4L atm and still use LGoH, dropping BM Keystone meant I had to run Cyclone+BM+Fortify+LGoH.

Assuming we're going for pure phsyical damage in all slots, anyone have a rough guess on what yields the most DPS gains? As far as Support Gems, Auras, and Herald? Would help identify when using BM Keystone would or would not be beneficial.

Here is my assumption(not including Conc Eff):
Melee Phys > Added Fire > Hatred > Faster Attacks > HoA > WED

Cyclone + Fortify take 2 gems. So at 5L, dropping BM Keystone for BM Gem becomes better. 4L or less, BM Keystone is better. That sound right?
Last edited by crux47 on Aug 18, 2015, 11:01:28 AM
Hi Lighty, thanks for this build. Newbie aproved, I finished merciless :)
Last edited by knedlik85 on Aug 18, 2015, 5:29:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info