Poe Price Check – Check Single Item and Stash Tab Items with Ease

It worked for around 15 minutes and when I finished my second search it went down again :(
MY Advice on "tools" like this:
Do not use a website like this for "pricechecking" your rare items!!!
A Price compared to the other stuff offered on the market says nothing, like really nothing about the value of an rare item unless its a copy of a mirror worthy (they are like mirror+fee - 5%).

It's nice to compare prices for unqiues, but u can prolly do that faster manually, and maybe for some rare jewels (atleast u get a hint if its good or not).

So the title is missleading, this thing has nothing to do with a check, its a stupid simple comparing of current offers on the market, which is giving u an avg value in return.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
A Price compared to the other stuff offered on the market says nothing, like really nothing about the value of an rare item unless its a copy of a mirror worthy (they are like mirror+fee - 5%).

It's nice to compare prices for unqiues, but u can prolly do that faster manually, and maybe for some rare jewels (atleast u get a hint if its good or not).

So the title is missleading, this thing has nothing to do with a check, its a stupid simple comparing of current offers on the market, which is giving u an avg value in return.

I tied to understand you, but I think the point you are making here is quite misleading. Without comparison, how do u come up with your price? Ask some experienced players? or just come up with a number on top of your head?

Price checking is complex for rares. Even you have time (I believe you do) to do it manually one by one, you cannot guarantee the accuracy of your result. This also should make you understand that the result returned from the site will not always be exact right due to there is no 100% match most of the time.

However, like posted earlier, it is a good base to get started with a potential faster way by copy-and-paste. The site also provides other means to manually widen or narrow your search in order to get better accuracy. Your argument of "avg value in return" is far away from what the site is doing nowadays or even from the every beginning. I think ppl need to use it with caution. It is up to you to use it or not, but please do not make argument while you are not using it in the right way. Though, I will take any genuine suggestion if you do have one.

"
SlugPranker wrote:
"

I tied to understand you, but I think the point you are making here is quite misleading. Without comparison, how do u come up with your price? Ask some experienced players? or just come up with a number on top of your head?

Price checking is complex for rares. Even you have time (I believe you do) to do it manually one by one, you cannot guarantee the accuracy of your result. This also should make you understand that the result returned from the site will not always be exact right due to there is no 100% match most of the time.

However, like posted earlier, it is a good base to get started with a potential faster way by copy-and-paste. The site also provides other means to manually widen or narrow your search in order to get better accuracy. Your argument of "avg value in return" is far away from what the site is doing nowadays or even from the every beginning. I think ppl need to use it with caution. It is up to you to use it or not, but please do not make argument while you are not using it in the right way. Though, I will take any genuine suggestion if you do have one.

A price - if calculated by a "script" - should include the following things:
- Chance of rolling a mod in the specific tier
- There must be a table of usefull mod combinations
e.g. a evasion chest with eva% flat hp and tri-res, es chest with es% hybrides% flat es and rei-res/dual-res and int, etc.

So taking in, the chances of crafting the item (like hitting the mods), the possible dropschance(equals the chance of hitting the stats with chaos spamming) and combination of mods (based on almost all possible builds).
Also the open potential of further crafting. IMO somthing like that would be insane to script, if not close to impossible, but thats basicly how you pricecheck an item.

And like i said, the site is usefull to check for unqiues, and in general for searching items with the same mods (would use that for jewels). But it's not a pricecheck, it's just comparing prices. IF some1 posts a good rare for an insane low price (with a rare and high tier combination) the site will pick that one and tell you a insanly underpriced value.

I checked a few items on it, like standard mirror worthy items etc. it doesnt even realize that i posted originals and it still gave me a avg price for mirror+fee (~220ex). My main problem is like for temp leauge where is no mirror-service going and if some1 gets an insane item the pricecheck will fail a lot here.
example:
6ex? really
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on May 11, 2016, 3:26:04 AM
"
"
SlugPranker wrote:
"

A price - if calculated by a "script" - should include the following things:
- Chance of rolling a mod in the specific tier
- There must be a table of usefull mod combinations
e.g. a evasion chest with eva% flat hp and tri-res, es chest with es% hybrides% flat es and rei-res/dual-res and int, etc.

So taking in, the chances of crafting the item (like hitting the mods), the possible dropschance(equals the chance of hitting the stats with chaos spamming) and combination of mods (based on almost all possible builds).
Also the open potential of further crafting. IMO somthing like that would be insane to script, if not close to impossible, but thats basicly how you pricecheck an item.

And like i said, the site is usefull to check for unqiues, and in general for searching items with the same mods (would use that for jewels). But it's not a pricecheck, it's just comparing prices. IF some1 posts a good rare for an insane low price (with a rare and high tier combination) the site will pick that one and tell you a insanly underpriced value.

I checked a few items on it, like standard mirror worthy items etc. it doesnt even realize that i posted originals and it still gave me a avg price for mirror+fee (~220ex). My main problem is like for temp leauge where is no mirror-service going and if some1 gets an insane item the pricecheck will fail a lot here.
example:
6ex? really

Crafting potential is indeed something to consider. I agree that coding all the possible combinations would be insane, and no one is gonna wait that long to get the result. However, crafting takes chances and most importantly, it consumes currency. No one knows how many chaos orbs need to be spammed to get a good piece. And will the currency just break even or worse? If the item is able to be crafted with a 'cheap' master mod, how much value it's gonna add? If there is indeed a value, why not crafting it before posting for sale?

Maybe, I can add one at a time out of a few mods that are popular for crafting, if the item is craft-able. After getting a price and then minus the cost. This is not insane, but it still takes longer time to query. worth it? It is always a trade-off between perfect and practical.

That glove looks expansive, while the search always depends on what is available in the market. Not sure how ppl price an item that is insanely better than any of the items on the server. Put a mirror down, and wait for two months? Or you can start low and increase if you get a lot of pins on that item. I didn't check the result, but potentially it didn't get many matches, or some mods are left out or lowered in order to find matches. You can check the search criteria and adjust.

Hey, site isn't working for me as of tonight... used it other times just fine. On chrome, price all stashes hangs at 99% and never finishes. On Edge I get "No item in this league? Sessionid incorrect? Refresh the page to see if the previous sessionid appears."

Edit: Nevermind...seems to have been a transient issue it's working now
Last edited by dantven on May 17, 2016, 4:05:23 AM
Look,the point is that for someone who is not sure what is worth how much,the website's a blessing,while on rare stuff it won't be 100% accurate,at times nowhere near 100%,it's still a good tool even if used as a reference to get an idea of what is worth how much.
So yeah,this is sweet and perfect as long as you don't take it as a bible,especially for newbies.

Imagine someone who has never played the game before,your first heart attack and medical bill will shoot out the moment you open passive tree in-game. Then later on the second one will kick in the moment you realize that PoE has actual trading. For someone who has no idea how to navigate the game,tools like this can help a whole lot.
No rest for the wicked.
site is down
"
dantven wrote:
site is down

Sry, I was suppose to do an update later, while I have to do it sooner. And it took longer than usual to fix. But it should be back now.
"
Daiena wrote:
Look,the point is that for someone who is not sure what is worth how much,the website's a blessing,while on rare stuff it won't be 100% accurate,at times nowhere near 100%,it's still a good tool even if used as a reference to get an idea of what is worth how much.
So yeah,this is sweet and perfect as long as you don't take it as a bible,especially for newbies.

Imagine someone who has never played the game before,your first heart attack and medical bill will shoot out the moment you open passive tree in-game. Then later on the second one will kick in the moment you realize that PoE has actual trading. For someone who has no idea how to navigate the game,tools like this can help a whole lot.

Thumb up!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info