[PIG] Pigs Are Great: Casual guild focused on kindness, generosity, and helping new exiles [89/100]

(Thanks Mort!)

(Thanks jaybro!)

If I told you in game that we were full, please send me a message or leave a post here so i can add you to the list. In the future, it's easier if you leave a post so I can always refer back to it instead of in-game chatlogs, which can disappear. Thanks!

Current Waitlist: 0

We have a TeamSpeak channel now! tinyurl.com/Pigspeak

Who are we?
Here is the very barebones guild page. Better page to come soon.

In less than two weeks, we've gotten 60 members, and we're growing fast!

PIG is a guild about positivity and kindness. I only started playing POE a few months ago, but I still remember how tough it was starting out, and how I wished that I had a friend or two to help show me the ropes. Path of Exile is a very complex (though rewarding) game, and it can be overwhelming at times. PIG is a community of people who treat each other respectfully, give generously, and help newbies.

We only have two rules:
1. Be nice to others, and
2. Have fun!

This guild is non-competitive at the moment, though league and race events might be a thing later.

Right now we have mostly Standard players, though there is an increasing number of Rampage players.

What is your current focus?
Getting point donations to support our rapid growth!

If you are a member, you can donate points to the guild here. You can also share the short url, bit.do/pigplz

Why the name?
Well, pigs are my favorite animal. I am sort of obsessed with them, and it is a lifelong dream of mine to one day have a pet pig of my own. I think they are beautiful, amazing animals. Pigs get a bad rap-- yes, they are pretty gluttonous and hedonistic, but they are also incredibly intelligent, noble, and emphatic creatures. Pigs can be very kind, and we hope to be a shining example of that.

I was also inspired to make this guild after I created a POE party where I gave away a bunch of gems and other items I was hoarding. It made me wonder how many other people out there are just obsessively keeping stuff that they don't even need, but that other, greener players could benefit from.

Where are you based?
I am from Berea, Kentucky, in the United States, but this guild is open to everyone, regardless of location. We do have a few members in Europe and Asia, and people are online all the time, so you won't be alone.

But "Pigs Are Great" makes PAG, not PIG...
I know, I know. I tried to think of some clever acronym to fit but I couldn't haha. PIG is just the tag.

What are the requirements for joining?
The only requirement is that you want to be nice to other people. There are no rules about levels, playtime, or donations. You can participate as little or as much as you would like.

Are there high level players in your guild? Are there people I could run maps with?
Yes.

What has this guild done so far?
We have nine stash pages right now, and the standard guild stash is overflowing with goodies for members, thanks in part to FUSION.

(Ideally, People who take equipment from the guild stash should return it when they are finished using it, rather than selling it to a vendor.)

I also curate the stash to make sure there's rares that are appropriate for the player level, selling rares that aren't needed and putting the currency back into the stash.

Freebies? Won't people take advantage of that?
I doubt it, since most of the items shared aren't worth more than a few Chaos. If someone takes a lot of stuff, then they probably needed it, and that's cool. So far we have not had any issues with people taking items from the stash and selling them. Also, when the items are more valuable, members tend to trade with each other or share them privately rather than putting them in the stash.

Here's an image that encapsulates my vision of this guild:
and in that moment, i swear we were desync
Last edited by SkyPiglet on Oct 31, 2014, 1:21:50 AM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2021, 5:58:51 PM
I would very much like to join you. I'm a casual player looking for a laid back guild where we can all help each other :)

Where are you based? I'm British.

In-game : diminisher19

Add me up! :)
Last edited by diminisher19 on Aug 27, 2014, 12:48:27 PM
"
diminisher19 wrote:
I would very much like to join you. I'm a casual player looking for a laid back guild where we can all help each other :)

Where are you based? I'm British.

In-game : diminisher19

Add me up! :)
I'm from Kentucky, in the United States. Just updated the first post with this.

Adding you!
We are now at four members, and the guild stash has grown steadily.

Currently I am working on getting the proper maps (Reef and Spider Lair) for the guild tag.
Would love to join your guild. Though I am still not 100% sure on how to do everything still I have played log enough that I would love to help anyone that is completely new to the game and don't mind sharing things that I find. Also If I am Not On Lady_Sable then I am probably on BlackDanae
Last edited by ChaosMadis on Aug 29, 2014, 8:11:42 PM
Contact me in game if you want some help. I'd like to help get you guys going. I'm also willing to refer players from my recruitment thread when I'm full, like I did for WGT (Rev's guild). Good luck!

I'm usually on Mortimer_Wilson
Last edited by FusionReactor on Aug 29, 2014, 7:22:06 PM
Bump :)
Last edited by diminisher19 on Sep 1, 2014, 10:48:14 AM
I'd like to join. Looking for some casual players and maybe help me with some low level characters.

IGN: Tyicius
I'd like to join some kind guild, so here Iam IGN:uOrzech
Sounds like a nice idea. If you dont mind the name, add me to the guild.
ign: TheBitchArrow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info