More Forsaken Masters Information

"
SigmundFreak wrote:
So if you gain level 8 reputation with all the masters wouldn't that make doing their missions obsolete?

as far as I understand, you buy hideout cosmetics. If you dont care about cosmetics, then yes
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Aug 1, 2014, 3:36:02 AM
Hyped 2.0
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
Scarkarag wrote:
Since yesterday I'm totally baffled about the overwhelming amount of new content...this really does not sound like a "mini expansion", this has the potential to bring Path of Exile to a whole new level of play like maybe no ARPG has ever done before (imho). Especially the addition of more interesting lore and RPG elements makes me really excited. I can't recall how many hours I've spent buiilding my own player home in Skyrim or Fallout and I never understood why there are so few games that implement this rewarding piece of sandboxing. Suddenly POE becomes more than "just" a well designed looting and leveling process and puts (for me atleast) the icing on the sweet cake of roleplaying. And for all the haters who claim that Path of Exile wasn't The Sims: If you don't like the feature, just ignore it and keep playing the game in the way that brings you the most pleasure. But please grant us the same courtesy and stop the hate.

I am really looking forward to playing this! Thank you GGG for this magnificent game, keep up the master quality work and please never lose your unique spirit for it's probably the most precious asset that distinguishes you from other companies!

cheers

Agreed. Skyrim, Morrowind and Oblivion, i loved these especially highly because i had homes there, so this Hideout feature is a great boost for me, i love it.

I didn't played Sims though.

:) I am happy that few months before i actually planned to suggest this whole thing with "homes", but i never had enough motivation to start the forum thread on Suggestions, so yeah i am happy to see it coming even without asking for it. :) GGG knows what is right.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
"Many MMORPGs have left people with a bad feeling towards daily quests because they feel penalised if they don't log in to do the quest each day. That's not the case here - you can just do an extra one the next day by finding the Master in the wilderness."

So, PoE is officially treated as MMO now? Good to know, time to find some nice aRPG at least.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
I'm so thankful Chris has clarified the basic division of the two branches in the Shadow starting area. Means I can discuss it a tiny bit and help ease some minds.

Obviously I can't say anything specific, but please do not jump any guns regarding Shadow 2.0. This has been a long time coming (Witch and Shadow are the last classes to receive serious overhauls), and aims to address the fact that the Shadow, as it stands on Live, has no real identity.

I firmly believe Shadow 2.0 achieves that by moving past the dex/int 'bipolarity' crisis of 'duelist lite' and 'witch lite' and into a much more synergistic 'physical/elemental' pairing. Before this change, the Shadow has had to ultimately choose whether he is 'int' or 'dex', rather than being a true 'int/dex' hybrid.

We have two other hybrids in this game: Duelist and Templar. If a hybrid is two combined attributes, then it helps to assign basic functions to all three. I imagine something like this:

Dex=attack speed+evasion
Str=physical damage+armour
Int=elemental damage+energy shield

In this way, the three hybrids would be:

Attack+evasion+physical damage+armour=Duelist

Physical damage+armour+elemental damage+energy shield=Templar

Attack speed+evasion+elemental damage+energy shield=Shadow

The first two work for me. It's fairly easy to imagine their identity and purpose.

The third...doesn't really say anything. The Shadow is meant to represent an assassin archetype, but all I get from the above combination is 'a mess'.

So the instinctual combination had to be discarded for something more organic. Something simpler, to establish what the Shadow represents, being massive damage output at close to medium range.

So GGG distilled the Shadow down to a Physical/elemental combination rather than a'melee/spellcaster' dichotomy. Why? Because both types of the former can apply to either style of the latter. It makes a lot of sense but required a little lateral thinking that I suspect involved a team effort rather than just one person.

If the overhaul is up to the same standard as what we've seen with other classes, the 'new' Shadow will almost certainly be a rival to the existing 'fighter-mage' template, the Templar, albeit in different ways.

I STRONGLY doubt Ethereal Knives Shadows will be left in the cold as a result.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
thanks
"
tmaciak wrote:
"Many MMORPGs have left people with a bad feeling towards daily quests because they feel penalised if they don't log in to do the quest each day. That's not the case here - you can just do an extra one the next day by finding the Master in the wilderness."

So, PoE is officially treated as MMO now? Good to know, time to find some nice aRPG at least.

The 'Many' is allowing you to perform this little trick of interpretation. Nothing else. It assumes the word 'other' between 'Many' and 'MMORPGs'. But that's all it is. An assumption.

I can say, when talking about a TV series: 'many movies leave me satisfied. that's the not the case here.'

So no, PoE is not officially treated as MMO(RPG) now. Chris should have left the 'many' out, even though it's true.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 1, 2014, 3:53:23 AM
1500 fuses for doing a 6l? I fear I didn't read that wrong. That's 25 exalted at 1:2 1:30. Still unobtainable. More currency than I've made in all of my PoE, starting from very early open beta...
great news and awesome presentation, thanks!
Second-class poe gamer
"
tmaciak wrote:

It seems you don't know the meaning of "MMO".
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info