Spell Echo

Does anyone know what is the benefit of having quality on Spell Echo?
Only 10% less damage seems a bit generous. Assuming it gets nerfed down to a more reasonable level though, extremely rapid casting is still an interesting option for reasons other than DPS, such as knockback, blind or multi-casting timered spells such as Enduring Cry.
Won't somebody please think of the totems? :(

GGG hates totems, I hate GGG. Remove Spell Totem gem and stop my suffering.
"
ssebastiann wrote:
Won't somebody please think of the totems? :(

GGG hates totems, I hate GGG. Remove Spell Totem gem and stop my suffering.

What's wrong with totems?
This is the most powerful non-melee support gem in the game, period.

I can only think of a few situations in which you would not want to use spell echo, and in every other event, casting a spell now requires echo to be efficient. Not using this support is tantamount to using a 3 link instead of a 5 link because you were bored with being almighty.

Even if this gem was 30% less damage it would still be vastly overpowered due to shock mechanics and how its interactions with certain spells work (read: incinerate, flameblast, storm call, all spells with cooldowns).

The mana multiplier of 130 means you can get two spells off for a total of 130% the original cost, at a negligible damage decrease, while also casting them MUCH faster. Even at 200% multiplier, this would still be incredibly overpowered.

Suffice to say, this gem is now mandatory for all casters, along with faster casting (in links that aren't strained for functionality) and I can only assume this was GGG's intent, as it is far more required to use this than it is to use multistrike. I don't think any spell builds will forego spell echo, even after it gets nerfed into the ground, so we'd best get used to the jerky cast animations.

On the bright side, now nobody needs to play melee anymore, so desync is much less of a problem than it was before. I sound angry and pessimistic here, but I'm actually really glad spell echo was added, it makes being interrupted while casting (which was a huge problem) a lot less frequent, so it reduces the irritation I experience while playing any non-life non-chayula'd caster quite significantly.

Tested on an 82 low life arcer and a 49 incinerator, I doubt the results will be different on anything else.

All in all: crazy overpowered, mandatory for almost all spells, would still be broken at 200% mult and 30% less dmg.
THE GEM SUCKS!
Don't tell the gem is OP or too good, cuz GGG will want to change it with next patches! Don't change it! :D
Very nice also for defense with E-Cry. Also, it seems that i can cast 2 molten shell at once.
Roma timezone (Italy)
Is this intentionally not supposed to work with Traps either? This makes me sad.
"
The mana multiplier of 130 means you can get two spells off for a total of 130% the original cost, at a negligible damage decrease, while also casting them MUCH faster. Even at 200% multiplier, this would still be incredibly overpowered.

Not 200%, I would say 150% to 170%, slightly lower than Multistrike. Mainly because Multistrike saves you mana and if they are going to make a spell equivalent, this should save you mana.
Some was asking what the quality does, well here is the answer :
hack and slash , all the day :)

Proud beta member since patch 0.9.5!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info