Snapshotting

"
Leunam3 wrote:

well why would you even implement summoners to the game?! just for cosmetics then?! every gem(spell whatever) should be viable and like u said... have its up and downs! this includes summoners and this also includes the rare bow users! (i mean real attacks with bows... not just a bow in your equipp for the +1 +2 whatever... :P)

Well, i agree with this, but do all build have to be viable? We have many summoners in our guild, so I'm not saying that summoners doesn't have to be viable for end-game, they must be, but not by using snapshot, that's it. It's all about balance. Can you imagine how hard must be trying to balance a build that's abusing a bug in game mechanics? Now, with snapshot gone, they will be able to balance summoners and their minion skills, which is fair enough.

and i totally think you are not "jealous" at all about this thematic!

but on your comment about the knowledge from new players! i think the game is totally fair because everybody can get the same advantage! put 2 people in the same car... 1 knows how to drive and the other 1 does not know! so he can learn it! its nowhere saying that ur not allowed to learn to drive a car!

Again, i agree with you: everyone of us can learn how to manage with game mechanics, snapshot included. Anyway, that one wasn't my main argument against it. I'm against snapshotting because, with it, there's no way to balance the game properly.

cheers

"
Leunam3 wrote:

well why would you even implement summoners to the game?! just for cosmetics then?! every gem(spell whatever) should be viable and like u said... have its up and downs! this includes summoners and this also includes the rare bow users! (i mean real attacks with bows... not just a bow in your equipp for the +1 +2 whatever... :P)

Well, i agree with this, but do all build have to be viable? We have many summoners in our guild, so I'm not saying that summoners doesn't have to be viable for end-game, they must be, but not by using snapshot, that's it. It's all about balance. Can you imagine how hard must be trying to balance a build that's abusing a bug in game mechanics? Now, with snapshot gone, they will be able to balance summoners and their minion skills, which is fair enough.

"
Leunam3 wrote:

but on your comment about the knowledge from new players! i think the game is totally fair because everybody can get the same advantage! put 2 people in the same car... 1 knows how to drive and the other 1 does not know! so he can learn it! its nowhere saying that ur not allowed to learn to drive a car!

Again, i agree with you: everyone of us can learn how to manage with game mechanics, snapshot included. Anyway, that one wasn't my main argument against it. I'm against snapshotting because, with it, there's no way to balance the game properly.

cheers

Sorry for my last post :P

"
iuxtaignem wrote:
"
Leunam3 wrote:

"
Leunam3 wrote:

cheers

The thing is, why even argue? Its going to happen anyways.

"

i'm a summoner myself (not that it matters at all) , and ill just quote this becouse your posts are basically the same

yes specteres arent atacks they are SPELLS, before they are tagged as minions they're tagged as SPELLS, and that's why there is no reason why they shouldn't work exactly as other spells. yes they are minion spells, just like fire ball is a fire spell and so on.

also. as you started early on this thread pointing out about motegrul's and weapons swap as not beeing snapshot, and now you are veemently defending diferent supports for specters (and why just specters? you can do the same with zombies, but i guess you were just using 1/8 (less if had more zombies) of the RZ skill), it makes me think that you are just trolling, wich i hope you are becouse, if not it seems to me that you lack common sense... wich is bad

zombies are always zombies. the result of raise zombie will always be... a zombie. they all look the same and essentially act/play the same.

raise specter raises whatever monster you select. they're not uniform, like zombies. hence, the distinction and differentiation.

and yes, it's a minion spell. your own implied question answers itself - it should not act as a fire spell because it's not a fire spell. it should act as a minion spell.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
"

i'm a summoner myself (not that it matters at all) , and ill just quote this becouse your posts are basically the same

yes specteres arent atacks they are SPELLS, before they are tagged as minions they're tagged as SPELLS, and that's why there is no reason why they shouldn't work exactly as other spells. yes they are minion spells, just like fire ball is a fire spell and so on.

also. as you started early on this thread pointing out about motegrul's and weapons swap as not beeing snapshot, and now you are veemently defending diferent supports for specters (and why just specters? you can do the same with zombies, but i guess you were just using 1/8 (less if had more zombies) of the RZ skill), it makes me think that you are just trolling, wich i hope you are becouse, if not it seems to me that you lack common sense... wich is bad

zombies are always zombies. the result of raise zombie will always be... a zombie. they all look the same and essentially act/play the same.

raise specter raises whatever monster you select. they're not uniform, like zombies. hence, the distinction and differentiation.

and yes, it's a minion spell. your own implied question answers itself - it should not act as a fire spell because it's not a fire spell. it should act as a minion spell.

I think the issue with spectre is against GGGs intended use, people go and get the next best dps or utility minion with it unlike zombies they will raise from any corpse.

Im not sure if GGG ever intended spectres to be something like a pokemon, go there kill that raise it and go farm bosses/Maps.

Raising something in the zone youre in is not at all common it seems and people set up their spectres with a certain minion in mind like the fireball guys, lmp and such are popular because, moar dps.
"
peachii wrote:
This thread, which was started by Mark for feedback, thoughts from the players and to bounce ideas has been completely, totally derailed

...how so? it's been consistently about the very topic, and CHOCK FULL of feedback. positive, neutral, negative... ok, a lot of negative... but there's been a lot of constructive criticism, valid arguments, and valid suggestions - mostly about changing the way the minion gems work and suggestions for new support gems that would be more viable/changes to existing support gems to make them more viable.

yes, it's been in contrast to some of the suggestions/implications of GGG (most notably: running multiple links' worth of raise spectre and balancing the skill gems around end-game uniques, both of which seemed quite unpopular).

just because the feedback isn't what you desire doesn't make it null. biased feedback from fanboys/yes men is ineffective and typically as worthless as captain angry screaming 'you suck!'

is it not better to raise concern/brainstorm while there's still time to implement change? otherwise, there's little to no point.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
"
peachii wrote:
This thread, which was started by Mark for feedback, thoughts from the players and to bounce ideas has been completely, totally derailed

...how so? it's been consistently about the very topic, and CHOCK FULL of feedback. positive, neutral, negative... ok, a lot of negative... but there's been a lot of constructive criticism, valid arguments, and valid suggestions - mostly about changing the way the minion gems work and suggestions for new support gems that would be more viable/changes to existing support gems to make them more viable.

yes, it's been in contrast to some of the suggestions/implications of GGG (most notably: running multiple links' worth of raise spectre and balancing the skill gems around end-game uniques, both of which seemed quite unpopular).

just because the feedback isn't what you desire doesn't make it null. biased feedback from fanboys/yes men is ineffective and typically as worthless as captain angry screaming 'you suck!'

is it not better to raise concern/brainstorm while there's still time to implement change? otherwise, there's little to no point.

I think the issue here is that everyone thinks without snap shotting summoners will not be viable which they dont know yet.
"
iuxtaignem wrote:

cheers

first of all... i got what u mean and there is nothing to be sorry for! but i have to admit i was little bit confused for a second! :P

to your first part.... i really dunno if all have to be viable, or some should be there for only lvling! - but there should definetly be more viable stuff going on at the next league /august patch! - it would be even more fun to run a party with many different builds!

also some other items would gain on value and be more important for the playerbase!

on the other side, some other items would be a little bit cheaper! (because not everyone would look out for them) - wich makes it easier to get a build done and players will get earlier access to their items!

and on your 2nd part... i agree! there is a huge gap of survivability/ dmg etc... when u reach the point of snapshotting! - even in the early stages of the game!

"

I think the issue with spectre is against GGGs intended use, people go and get the next best dps or utility minion with it unlike zombies they will raise from any corpse.

Im not sure if GGG ever intended spectres to be something like a pokemon, go there kill that raise it and go farm bosses/Maps.

Raising something in the zone youre in is not at all common it seems and people set up their spectres with a certain minion in mind like the fireball guys, lmp and such are popular because, moar dps.

im pretty sure they intendet RS to be used how it is (just not the snapshot thing - but this stretches about the whole game!) - and know their potential! and its really not compareable with a pokemon! ^^

why is it not common to raise something in your zone?! every summoner in every game that has such abilitys does it! - well some other summoners dont even need the corpse! they can just cast it!

yes they link RS with some supportet gems - like we do with every other gem in this game! or do you only use your double strike - without any links?! i mean its a huge part of the game! ... getting your own linked setup done etc...
"
Leunam3 wrote:
"

im pretty sure they intendet RS to be used how it is (just not the snapshot thing - but this stretches about the whole game!) - and know their potential! and its really not compareable with a pokemon! ^^

why is it not common to raise something in your zone?! every summoner in every game that has such abilitys does it! - well some other summoners dont even need the corpse! they can just cast it!

yes they link RS with some supportet gems - like we do with every other gem in this game! or do you only use your double strike - without any links?! i mean its a huge part of the game! ... getting your own linked setup done etc...

i meant more like why link spectre for 1 specific monster like the fireball guys? Then you cant ever make use of anything else than these. Link minion life and minion damage, they exist for a reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info