Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

People are also discounting the presence of Vaal Orbs when considering the potential price drop of Uniques. With more Uncommon and Rare uniques dropping more will be corrupted and potentially rekt, limiting the effect on availability -- it'll still increase, but not linearly.

In fact I'd say the Vaal Orb is most likely the principal mechanic enabling this change.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Well after reading some posts, and thinking about it, this change is horrible the way it is, usual - rare stuff will drop significantly in prices, while the really good stuff will b at the same price, so, we will have to trade much, much more to buy the good stuff. This change only will b positive if high end stuff get its droprate doubled too
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
*smashes head against brick wall*

World, sometimes people just don't (want to) see the bigger long term picture. This is POE's loot 2.0.

Far from it, that is, if you're comparing the change in loot in Diablo's 2.0. In which case you aren't, this change is not nearly as significant as people imagine. Sure, some of the "okaish" or couple exalt uniques may appear often, but the real chase uniques... will we even notice a difference at all? Very VERY highly unlikely, and those are the ones that are most build enabling. 20% increase on something incredibly minuscule is hardly noticeable.
Yup Brad, which is why POE will remain POTS (trading simulator). If GGG is sincere about supporting self-finders within current leagues they have to break the trading market and dramatically increase tier 4 drop rates. Stll rare, mind, but not to the point where they are easily hoarded just to increase price rates.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
Yup Brad, which is why POE will remain POTS (trading simulator). If GGG is sincere about supporting self-finders within current leagues they have to break the trading market and dramatically increase tier 4 drop rates. Stll rare, mind, but not to the point where they are easily hoarded just to increase price rates.

Rates should be increased to the point that people feel that elusive and desirable items are attainable, if only they just try hard enough. It's like a slot machine... you may not win much, but you win enough that you think the next pull could always be the big one. In the current state of the game, I just don't have that feeling anymore.
"
Qarl wrote:
This was not mentioned in the manifesto, as its a moderately complicated concept.

Can you please do so in future? I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that'd like to know about changes like this. For some of us, more info is always better.
Just when I've decided the rarity of good uniques is absolute bull and am nearly finished with the game...

In comes this change.

Here's to hoping! 20% of a .002% droprate is still only a 0.0004% increase :P

Edit: Managed to read all most of this thread, and no longer feel terribly optimistic : /
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD
Last edited by TheDancingDead on May 17, 2014, 10:08:35 PM
Hmm I figured GGG must've decided to nerf fun/build enabling unique drop rates towards the end of open beta as too many people were playing back then and it was straining their servers. Guess GGG actually wanted these people to stick around after all, go figure :).

Anyway, good change in the right direction - more and hence cheaper fun/build enabling uniques instead of nothing but levelling trash dropping = more reason to roll new builds = more players stick around = more new players come in due to positive word of mouth (the cheapest and best form of advertising). Just hope it isn't too little too late.
Last edited by Eyedol on May 17, 2014, 9:33:28 PM
Science incoming.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
GGG, if you are listening. Ive paid you 40$ on your game so please read my post. Ive quit this game numerous times and I am probably quitting for good.
The Witch class is the only class I play. I also generally dont party. I was hoping to improve my character by finding everything i needed. But now ive realized i have to trade and sell my Uniques and currency to improve my character.
This is not something i want to do. I dont like trading. Its like a chore. I guess this makes me a ( casual player) but casual players do not grind for 5 hours a day on items. Atleast thats what I thought.

Ive come to realize also that the important currency. That is the currency that everyone wants and helps your character grow, Exalts and Eternals, are too rare for solo players.

I guess what im saying is GGG, you need to move away from this trade system.

Reasons :)
I am a player.
I work hard to build my character.( Through playing the game) This brings me enjoyment. If i want to party thats fine.
If my character is improving( levels and items) plus new content, then I am enjoying this game.
If i am enjoying this game, ill play more and keep playing and more likely to throw some cash for cosmetics.
I find my items I need. I dont trade.

My character is no longer improving. There is two reason here.

1)The currency is too rare to find, especially exalts and eternals. Creating powerful gear is risky as it is. to make matters worse, ive only found like 3 exalts, 1 eternals and thats over 500+ hours of play.

2) I have not found the uniques I need. Uniques should be build enabling or specialized builds, you got that right! but not overly powerful which is what rares are for and crafting.

Therefore since i have not found the unique i need my character progressions stop. Keep in mind this is a level 80 witch. And thats not counting how many other characters ive created, leveled, and died with. This witch has died a lot( so that 80 was not easy). I died mostly from spamming end game maps on a MF witch trying to find the unique I wanted. I did find some great random rare drops eventually, but they were nothing like the elitest crowd at the top with there forged mirrored items. (Has anyone actually found a mirror?)

And thats what separates me from them, im not willing to trade for hours just to get the stuff i need. ( I am a player, not a merchant)

Disallusioned, I tryed other witch builds they were fun, but i ran into the same problem. Items and uniques are too rare.

I realize what im saying is a huge fundamental change to the economy and game. You would have to figure out new ratios for drops, because players can no longer trade. Or they can trade through barter system, via private messaging system (but not global).

For example,

POE currency is a barter currency ( useful) and is valuable to the character. Improves the characters items.

So trading is not really necessary.

You just need players loyalty, and you get that when they are enjoying the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info