Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

"
aGnosticc wrote:
I dont know how ppl can say it becomes a trading simulation ?

I mean u just find more good uniques, and well the best of the best will still be rare. So why would you trade more ? I mean everyone gets more of the better uniques. And you cant rly complain if u find more of those 1-2 ex uniques. Will you truley be SAD that you have to trade, to get 1-2 ex ? I'd fucking party if such a thing happens to me.

I really like this change. Last 4 month i played i found literally 30 queens decrees. Rly me and my mate were joking about this item, cuz he got like 30 of them too.... atleast u get some alch shards for it i guess :).

ggg thumbs up +1

Your not seeing the big picture, thats the problem. when this change happens those 5-10 chaos, or even those 1-5 exalt items that drop will be worth a mere fraction of what they are now, meaning to get those super rare uniques you will have to trade a ton more to get them. It will basically drop the values of EVERYTHING except the top tier.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
aGnosticc wrote:

I mean u just find more good uniques, and well the best of the best will still be rare. So why would you trade more ? I mean everyone gets more of the better uniques. And you cant rly complain if u find more of those 1-2 ex uniques. Will you truley be SAD that you have to trade, to get 1-2 ex ? I'd fucking party if such a thing happens to me.

I really like this change. Last 4 month i played i found literally 30 queens decrees. Rly me and my mate were joking about this item, cuz he got like 30 of them too.... atleast u get some alch shards for it i guess :).

ggg thumbs up +1

Your not seeing the big picture, thats the problem. when this change happens those 5-10 chaos, or even those 1-5 exalt items that drop will be worth a mere fraction of what they are now, meaning to get those super rare uniques you will have to trade a ton more to get them. It will basically drop the values of EVERYTHING except the top tier.

given that most players dont even find these 1+ex plus uniques it shall be a change for the better

and i like 'big picture' posts. clairvoyance

the times when people commenting game changes do not use word 'fun' or 'gameplay' but instead mumble about prices, economy and trade. nice monster slaying game we have here
Tentatively optimistic. This is a step in the right direction, but looking at the numbers it's a little tough to see how this could actually make a difference.

Nice work as always GGG.
Can't wait to get a drop that I can actually use on one of my Templars ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
aGnosticc wrote:

ggg thumbs up +1

given that most players dont even find these 1+ex plus uniques it shall be a change for the better

and i like 'big picture' posts. clairvoyance

the times when people commenting game changes do not use word 'fun' or 'gameplay' but instead mumble about prices, economy and trade. nice monster slaying game we have here

We are on the same team, you just are blinded by the 2x loot, you know what this means? You are going to find twice as many things that you don't need (that actually sell, instead of vendor trash), and what do you do with things you don't need? Now you need to sell even more stuff to reach those "OP Uniques", flippers/traders prosper the most with this change.

Believe me, I would love to find my own uniques for builds I am making, but it just doesn't fucking happen. Instead I sell off the lower or equal items to get said item.

The examples people give are absurd, "never found kaoms" "never found a shavs", yep and you still won't and have to sell/trade EVEN MORE, if you want to buy one. This change is going to make getting those HARDER, yet people say "+1 great change".

I don't know about you sid, but I like to spend the least amount of time trading and more time playing and monster slaying, with this change you will have to find 2 buyers to equal what you could accomplish with 1 right now. I hate dealing with people in trade, now I am more likely to deal with stupid.

Last edited by Worldbreaker on May 17, 2014, 1:39:23 PM
Something something account-bound...
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
with this change you will have to find 2 buyers to equal what you could accomplish with 1 right now

this is only true if you need top tier items, which is probably not the case for 95% of people.

consider the item alpha's howl. that is definitely not a "super-rare" item. it's probably just plain "rare." it might even be just a high demand "uncommon."

i did not find my own. i had to trade for it. but now they will drop twice as often, making them cheaper.

that means that i will most likely get an alpha earlier next season than i did this season, because they will be more abundant within the economy.

the "drops being worth less" is a double edged sword. the drops you need will be worth just as much less to purchase, unless you absolutely need super-rares.

now, consider than if you get your key items earlier in the season, you are more likely to farm faster earlier in the season, which gives you more and better loot faster as well. everything is a snowball with ARPG's.

it's a good change.

"
Sublime82 wrote:
Tentatively optimistic. This is a step in the right direction, but looking at the numbers it's a little tough to see how this could actually make a difference.

+1

I always say this is by far the best game I've ever played, but it's let down massively by its loot.

I applaud GGG recognizing and trying to work towards fixing this issue. I don't think the suggested fix goes far enough.

Fingers crossed that this can be fixed some time in the future because I want to play this game a lot more, I want to give GGG more of my $$$$ but every time I pick it up I remember day after day of playing it towards end game finding nothing worth using.
Might make me play again poe.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
We are on the same team, you just are blinded by the 2x loot, you know what this means? You are going to find twice as many things that you don't need (that actually sell, instead of vendor trash), and what do you do with things you don't need? Now you need to sell even more stuff to reach those "OP Uniques", flippers/traders prosper the most with this change.

You're missing the fact that even if the market prices for certain uniques drop as a result of greater supply - and even then I don't think that it will be a linear price drop correlated to the drop rate, because prices seem to be more tied to demand anyway - this is still only a change to the proportion of unique drops.

Currency drop rates, rares, sockets, etc, will not be affected. I don't know about you, but most of my currency funds come from the chaos vendor recipe, pure drops, and so on, even when I'm farming bosses - and not from item trades.

So if uniques drop in price, that just means that the relative buying power of my currency for those increases.

And if I find some stuff that's actually useful along the way instead of the tenth off-orange Vine Circlet, I don't think I'll complain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info