Improving Communication: The Development Manifesto (Please Read First!)

"
CrazyEmkido wrote:
A proposal to change the mechanics of storage and implementation of the skulls of the Archnemesis league.
1) add tabs for different gradation of skulls lvl 1,2,3 and so on
2)Add skull recipe filter. in a separate window, I can select several recipes of skulls that interest me and the skulls will be highlighted only if all are available from one or another of the recipes I have chosen
3)add an option that allows auto-selection of skulls.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3242483
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
sometimes i wonder whats the point of this thread, what communication? where? this thread should be archived/closed.
`Spent 2 mirrors on my build, but I'm only Level 98.` LOL
`From just quick sweep of your characters, toxic rain, golems .. sure, non meta... sure.` LOL
"
LiMA6 wrote:
sometimes i wonder whats the point of this thread, what communication? where? this thread should be archived/closed.

100%
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
The GGG support team is top tier at least.
Communication is important, but only if the information shared is representative of the truth. I'm trying my hardest to enjoy the current state of the game but I have Chris' presentation of it playing in my head on repeat.

The archnemesis changes were poorly described and the fundamental change in monster scaling was completely glossed over. After being told we could expect largely the same performance from our builds from last league, I had a certain expectation when entering this one.

Many builds do not function the same way this league because of the inclusion of new damage types and modifiers.

If things had been described accurately, I wouldn't have had such a terrible experience on launch.

I would prefer no communication to misleading information.

There were clearly problems, and some continue to plague the game after hotfixes. League mechanics were not designed with these modifiers and base stats in mind and it creates some extremely problematic situations.

What I did not want to hear is a defense of how extensively tested the changes were made when I can go into a semi-deep delve in standard on a character capable of farming maven and other pinnacle content with ease, and struggling with non-rare monsters.

Even on an extremely tanky and damaging build like Skeleton Mage Necromancer, huge packs of magic monsters with massive health boosts and each having their own unique archnemesis mod does not make for interesting gameplay.

Doing a blight encounter and having a monster become immune to both player damage and towers. Players being stuck in rituals with monsters their builds cannot handle.

I was lead to believe this was essentially the Archnemesis league endgame 2.0 with even more player agency to control what we do. And what we got was a mini gauntlet style event with slapdash mechanics that disrupts gameplay in large portions of the game.
Last edited by jerot on May 16, 2022, 7:39:22 PM
Can you not say you communicate with your players.
Submitted a well phrased opinion days ago.
TAKE YOUR PLAYERS OPINIONS IF YOU ASK FOR IT DAMMIT.
do you even read the threads here???!!!

DO SOMETHING GGG. been playing for 10 years now. this is as bad as it gets.

sending love still. but cmon
Improving communication. Yeah, that's a thing huh?
Like, oh, when 98% of forum entries in the patch notes are regarding the fact the game's in a bad state since AN mods going core, someone who cares about communication might look at that and think, maybe the playerbase, the guys we're selling to, are not cool with how the game has taken a turn towards annoyance mechanics? Because that's the only way to describe the influx of massive numbers of poorly (if at all) communicated ground effects and anti player mechanics?
We're way beyond the "extensively tested" meme at this point. You either intend to listen to your players and cooperate with them to make a fun game with at least some resemblance of balance (and maybe even some of that fabled build diversity instead of 34% of leaderboards playing variations of Witch and 20% playing Inquisitor while less than 4% play marauder, 12% play ranger and 8% shadow ) or you do whatever this is that you've been doing for a few leagues now.
And with "whatever you've been doing" I'm talking about introducing more bosses that are designed to destroy the arena if you can't hit a certain dps check (Maven, Uber-uber Elder ground effects lasting through phases, Uber Sirus) or punish you for taking time to kill them (infinite hunger stripping away defenses which then stick and punish you if you die)
Now we've even got a rare that does the same thing, the soul eater upgrade that now spawns minions and - apparently - heals from those minions dying while also speeding up their attacks. A true marvel to encounter in Harvest or Legion, that one.
You, Chris, spoke on podcasts and interviews about seeking to slow the game down. You've done everything in your power to speed it up instead. Because we can't defend anymore, we can only try and kill things faster than they kill us. So before you get the tools out to cut inquisitor and Witch down to size and nerf their defensive abilities and access to damage (as your team so gladly did with hierophant instead of balancing the clearly broken scaling of Forbidden Rite), understand that playerbase went to those characters because the others simply aren't able to survive in the current state of the game.
"
VernerHolt wrote:
Improving communication. Yeah, that's a thing huh?
Like, oh, when 98% of forum entries in the patch notes are regarding the fact the game's in a bad state since AN mods going core, someone who cares about communication might look at that and think, maybe the playerbase, the guys we're selling to, are not cool with how the game has taken a turn towards annoyance mechanics? Because that's the only way to describe the influx of massive numbers of poorly (if at all) communicated ground effects and anti player mechanics?
We're way beyond the "extensively tested" meme at this point. You either intend to listen to your players and cooperate with them to make a fun game with at least some resemblance of balance (and maybe even some of that fabled build diversity instead of 34% of leaderboards playing variations of Witch and 20% playing Inquisitor while less than 4% play marauder, 12% play ranger and 8% shadow ) or you do whatever this is that you've been doing for a few leagues now.
And with "whatever you've been doing" I'm talking about introducing more bosses that are designed to destroy the arena if you can't hit a certain dps check (Maven, Uber-uber Elder ground effects lasting through phases, Uber Sirus) or punish you for taking time to kill them (infinite hunger stripping away defenses which then stick and punish you if you die)
Now we've even got a rare that does the same thing, the soul eater upgrade that now spawns minions and - apparently - heals from those minions dying while also speeding up their attacks. A true marvel to encounter in Harvest or Legion, that one.
You, Chris, spoke on podcasts and interviews about seeking to slow the game down. You've done everything in your power to speed it up instead. Because we can't defend anymore, we can only try and kill things faster than they kill us. So before you get the tools out to cut inquisitor and Witch down to size and nerf their defensive abilities and access to damage (as your team so gladly did with hierophant instead of balancing the clearly broken scaling of Forbidden Rite), understand that playerbase went to those characters because the others simply aren't able to survive in the current state of the game.

hit the nail on the head. I love POE and want to keep playing the hell out of it.... why does it feel like they are trying as hard as they can to make us stop playing? (at the same time stopping all new players from having fun)
Couldn't have said that better myself. This league is a joke right now and AN mods going core are (at least from what I've seen since starting to play in 2019) the most universally hated feature to hit the game. I've never seen the community agree this much on one thing and the fact that GGG have just gone silent on it and are "analyzing play and feedback for 3.19" is unacceptable. I'm not sticking with a studio that poops the bed that hard and then hides.

This game has been out for almost a decade and to be screwing up this badly at this late a stage in the game's cycle is beyond discouraging for a player.
what the point of communication when everything went one sided ?
Does that even count as communication ?
define communication .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info