We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

"
tridon777 wrote:
Remove the EXP PENALTY.

I'm not going to even try 3.0 because I read the patch notes and the exp penalty is still there.

It's a superficial way of extending the end game. It encourages building tank and is monotonous. Diablo 3 allowed me to improve my skills why I enjoyed the game testing out different builds.

*So I guess enjoy my money for supporting Oriath, but I have no interest after too many demotivating deaths. This isn't Dark Souls and I've beaten all three.

No it does not, it encourages you to not suck at the game, to avoid dying.

You could get better if you actually wanted to, stop blaming the game and start by asking yourself why you are dying, there is a help section for this by the way.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 3, 2017, 1:30:35 AM
"
No it does not, it encourages you to not suck at the game, to avoid dying.

You could get better if you actually wanted to, stop blaming the game and start by asking yourself why you are dying, there is a help section for this by the way.

Welp, I guess you didn't read my * at the bottom about Dark Souls.

By the way if lag wasn't so prevalent and bad maybe I would have a slightly better attitude about this.

I like playing characters who have to juggle a variety of buffs, items, and skills to sustain damage and health. That goes right out the window, even in lockstep, when multiple lag spikes hit.

Lastly, who says I haven't given POE every chance? I've dug into farming guides, map strategies, and listening to irritating people like you egging me on to play longer. Past the point this game ceases to be fun.

"
tridon777 wrote:

Welp, I guess you didn't read my * at the bottom about Dark Souls.

By the way if lag wasn't so prevalent and bad maybe I would have a slightly better attitude about this.

I don't care that you played x or y other game to be honest, it's not relevant.

And until last week, I had been playing on 130+ms ping, average over 150 I would say.
And I didn't experience such "so prevalent" lag.
It's not all perfect of course, but not anything as bad as people complaining about the death penalty pretend it is.

Now, you might be having problem with your ISP or whatever, but that is outside of GGG's reach.

"
tridon777 wrote:
Lastly, who says I haven't given POE every chance? I've dug into farming guides, map strategies, and listening to irritating people like you egging me on to play longer. Past the point this game ceases to be fun.

You have yet to even reach lvl 90 ... so yes, there is definitely an issue ( or more than one ) from your side.
Maybe it isn't your type of game.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
I don't care that you played x or y other game to be honest, it's not relevant.

Google Dark Souls. You die constantly and pretty much lose everything right from the beginning of the game. There is a sense of accomplishment and perspective ( which you seem to be lacking) to trying different strategies. Using it as a comparison to illustrate I'm no stranger to rogue like games. Hell, I played MUDs back in the day.

"
You have yet to even reach lvl 90 ... so yes, there is definitely an issue ( or more than one ) from your side.
Maybe it isn't your type of game.

Now whether I reach level 90 or not is inconsequential compared to how I get there. A game is a game, not a chore, or work. It's this mentality of Elitism or 'paying your due' I'm reading from you comments that I have to address. It ruins the game for other people who don't want to play a game with pricks who think they now better.

How about you play D3 and I ridicule you for pointing out legitimate concerns that if addressed could garner more players. I'll take my DH solo on T13 lvl 65 GR teabag your character after it takes one step into the instance. Would that sound like a game you would want to continue to play?

"
Now, you might be having problem with your ISP or whatever, but that is outside of GGG's reach.

Should I go into detail how I work partially in networking as a software developer and how GGG has fucked up from a server placement perspective? Take too much of my time at the moment. How about you google how network traffic doesn't always follow the most direct path.

Dark soul and PoE are very, very, very different games.
And I don't care, as I said before, you have problems with PoE, and that's all there is.

And I could not care less how much you've been playing D3 or not.
Fact is, if you are having troubles with the death penalty before reaching 90, there are issues with either your character, the way you play it, or technical problems coming from your side ( or you are living extremely far away from all gateways, but even though .... I know that I could reach lvl 90 in SC without too much trouble, so even that is not impossible ).

I'm only saying that it's start you stop blaming the game, and either ask for actual help, or find the solution on your own.

It's simple.

And don't worry, I don't need you to tell me anything about network ( even if it would be relevant here, I mean ... )
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 4, 2017, 1:55:18 AM

"
And I don't care, as I said before, you have problems with PoE, and that's all there is.

Do you know what an analogy is? Or how different items can be diametrically opposed, but still have similarities?

It's people like you that make me regret spending money on certain games.
If we assume the usual cutoff point for a build is around level 90 these days, the way I see it - if you can reach it in reasonable timeframe your build works, if it takes too long or you can't do it at all it's probably missing something. It's nothing similar to games like Dark Souls, the purpose of XP penalty in games like this is to help you evaluate your progress.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
tridon777 wrote:

"

Do you know what an analogy is? Or how different items can be diametrically opposed, but still have similarities?

It's people like you that make me regret spending money on certain games.

You don't seem to understand that it's all irrelevant here.
I honestly don't care as it does not mater, I made simple points, and that's it.
You can try to find excuse @"but I play this other game !", but it will not change much I'm afraid.

PoE is not dark souls, as Raics pointed out.
PoE is PoE, and if you don't want to listen to people that do know the game better than you then ... you're free to find the solution on your own.
But thinking that all the problems come from the content and not from your side will not lead you anywhere, I can assure you of that.

You can ask in the help and gameplay section for help, there will be many people willing to assist you, really.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 4, 2017, 4:40:47 AM
not impressed.

I will say it looks nice and runs nice.

but I'm turned away by a few things:

1. stealth nerf of atziri disfavor.. atleast put this stuff in your patch notes.

2. patch notes state
"
One-time Passive Skill Reset:
Due to balance changes, every existing character has been granted an optional full passive skill reset.
This process will also reset your allocated Ascendancy points.
To perform this operation, click the "Reset all Passives" button on the passive skill screen. Note that you must use this before allocating or refunding any other points otherwise the option will go away.
but that isnt true at all.. its not an optional respec its mandatory.

3. you lose a bunch of earned skill points retroactively ? who green lighted that idea?

4. the change to difficulty options / 10 acts is okay.. if you are starting a brand new character. other wise you have to play all the new content at an extremely boring level discrepancy and gain zero experience for all of it.

5. didn't enjoy myself, character was way weaker post patch and I am a physical melee build.. how the f do you manage to nerf physical melee?

"
Drahken wrote:
4. the change to difficulty options / 10 acts is okay.. if you are starting a brand new character. other wise you have to play all the new content at an extremely boring level discrepancy and gain zero experience for all of it.
Well if it was "play full 6 new acts" then at least some people, the ones who enjoy the lore and story, would've been somewhat satisfied. As it is, current situation with new acts for existing characters is just horrible:
1) you have to do eight(?) sidequests which aren't obvious (because you don't know what they are), and you have to do them for each and every character;
2) as noted, you are too high-level to get any exp;
3) story is already marked as done so there's practically no lore to be found (except aforementioned sidequests, but without main story they don't make much sense anyway).
Seriously, it is like ggg tried(and succeeded) to find the worst option which would turn each and every player from playing standard with their old chars. Completely dick move.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Aug 5, 2017, 1:27:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info