Chain

Path .11 says that distance calculations for chain and fork are corrected. Can you elaborate on what this means for point blank shot?

So if an enemy 35 distance away (no change in damage from point blank) is hit and it chains to an enemy within melee range of my character, does it add the two ranges together now to be around 65 and point blank will REDUCE the damage? You stated that it was a bug that it calculated range from the point of the chain, but this is a massive nerf to point blank in combination with chain.

Or, does it simply properly calculate the distance of the enemy from the character?
Or, does it still use the point of the chain as the origination?

Also, knowing the range of chain would be wonderful, which the previous poster asked.
Last edited by Dracobane on Jun 13, 2013, 4:32:59 PM
"
Dracobane wrote:
Path .11 says that distance calculations for chain and fork are corrected. Can you elaborate on what this means for point blank shot?

So if an enemy 35 distance away (no change in damage from point blank) is hit and it chains to an enemy within melee range of my character, does it add the two ranges together now to be around 65 and point blank will REDUCE the damage? You stated that it was a bug that it calculated range from the point of the chain, but this is a massive nerf to point blank in combination with chain.

I think this is what the devs mean. It is an intentional nerf - before, Point Blank gave 50% more damage from forked/chained projectiles bouncing around a tight pack, even if the pack was far away from the shooter, which is not at all how the keystone was intended to be used.
Mark, Thx in advance & Apologies if you answered elsewhere.

Chain/GMP/RM Proj Build: (X = Base Dmg)

Min/Max Theorycrafting: Need help understanding how Chain & GMP, interact.

+150% Increased Dmg from (Passives & Gear)

+58% More Dmg (RM)

+38% Increased Proj Dmg // 50% Less Proj Dmg (GMP)

+38% Increased Dmg // 50% Less Dmg (Chain)

I assume, that's 3.26X, Then half, to GMP = 1.63X

Now do More & Less Add, them Mult, or Not ?
1.63X * 1.08 = Y (or maybe) 1.63X * .50 * 1.58 = Y

15Y = Z
(Max Potential of 5 shots each chaining twice)

Also, Small Fan Moment,

PoE is a [Expletive]-Amazing game!!!
GGG has out done their legendary benchmark predecessor D2 (Bear Sorc ftw)
in nearly every way (minus the desync, which Im sure you hear about, ad nauseam).
You made a truly impressive system; so, on behalf of the PoE fanbase THANK YOU !!
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad.
People are either charming or tedious."
-Oscar Wilde
Last edited by The_Chad_13 on Jul 20, 2013, 5:10:22 AM
Increased and Reduced are additive; More and Less are multiplicative.

150 + 38 + 38 = 226 Increased Damage, so a 3.26 multiplier from Increased/Reduced.
x1.58, x0.5 and x0.5 multipliers from More and Less. GMP is Less Projectile Damage, but the 'Projectile' part simply denotes what damage types it applies to. It is still a separate modifier ('Less').

Let's say you deal 500 damage per hit. With GMP/Chain, you completely demolish your damage per hit as follows:
500 * 3.26 * 1.58 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 643.85 damage.
Is Chain Quality (+1% Projectile Speed per 1 Quality) good enough, and does it affect the first projectile(s), i.e., before Chaining..?

Few people seem to care about Chain Quality.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Chain now nerfs the dmg WAY tooooo much. its a nice support gem, but the dmg nerf it gives is.. just way too extreme.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
I agree.
And 200% mana multiplier....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
the multiplier is huge but i honestly think thats fine as the effect it gives you is huge too. but for such a high cost you would expect it to also get you a good bunch of dmg and not to half yours.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
"
Milani wrote:
the multiplier is huge but i honestly think thats fine as the effect it gives you is huge too. but for such a high cost you would expect it to also get you a good bunch of dmg and not to half yours.

That's what i meant. Just +50% more damage (which works only against packs) for double manacost - that's way too low. Other supports provide more damage bonus for less mana cost. i think, either mana cost should be decreased, either damage loss, either 1 more target added ("chains 3 times")
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
markus7 wrote:
Is Chain Quality (+1% Projectile Speed per 1 Quality) good enough, and does it affect the first projectile(s), i.e., before Chaining..?

Few people seem to care about Chain Quality.

Can someone lean in about it please? I'd really like to know if there's any reason to use a quality Chain.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info