Arc

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Zircoy wrote:
The damage reduction from chain should be 25% in this case, the same way as it affects damage increments.

What no. That's not how Damage Effectiveness works, it does not change the effectiveness of damage multipliers.

Why is that so? if i link added lightning damage on that, it will be halved. Why can't the negative effects be halved also? If it so, that it affects only flat increments, I think it should be changed.
Damage Effectiveness is a multiplier exactly like More/Less/Increased/Reduced Damage are. Why should it work different from other multipliers? Additionally, having Damage Effectiveness also affect damage multipliers would make Increased Damage etc. incredibly weak for Incinerate and Flame Totem; you'd basically be incapable of increasing their damage output.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 10, 2013, 1:56:55 PM
"
Kadajko wrote:
@Rufus82

What you are proposing is going to work like this instead:

Spoiler

Because chain works the same as arc as far as choice for the next target goes, there is no randomness factor, 2 arcs from the same spot will hit the same targets.

Then it's up to GGG to make the necessary changes…
Like they would need to anyway to make Chain interact with Arc in this way:
Chain Lightning
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
"
Fhedaykin wrote:
My self arcer tried double curse, but not with Whispers, although farming maps is far from possible for me.
two curses do not impact as much as I'd hoped. mainly because i lost a lot of survivabilty using the ES from my boots while using the +1 curse boots.
but there was an increase and I will try again with 2 curses when i find the ring with the +1 and have more survivability.
Again the base damage of ARC is still sooo low ...
Thx, that was helpful.

"
Zircoy wrote:
Just tested the arc for shock stacking and I'm really disappointed in that how it works with chain. It says that this skill has 50% damage effectiveness and while chain is reducing damage by 50% why they aren't interacting correctly. The damage reduction from chain should be 25% in this case, the same way as it affects damage increments.

It makes my "AoE" Shock stacking impossible with this skill. I hope you change the interaction with these values.
I did consider "shock-stacking" too, so thanks for sharing your experience.
"
The beauty of arc is that it grants you a high chance to shock. Currently, I am playing a dual arc totem with dual curse. With a quality 20 arc gem, you have 20% chance to shock; 5% additional shock from Shadow tree; 10% additional shock from static blows; 10% additional shock from the node to the right of static blows; and 13% additional chance to shock from conductivity. So, you have at least 55% chance to shock!!! In a party, if you throw on ele proliferation, the whole mob is shocked and shock stacked.

Shock chance isn't additive, each chance is an independent roll. None of the nodes say "added chance to shock" it's just a "chance to shock."

So your base chance to shock (unmodified by conductivity) is:
1-(0.8*0.95*0.9*0.9)

The numbers in the parenthesis are the chance for each shock check to "miss." Multiplying them out gives you the total probability that all your shock chances will miss.

I am unclear whether conductivity adds to each roll or is actually just an additional roll.

Unlike critical hits, each shock is checked per projectile or bounce of a spell, rather than being checked per-cast.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Nov 11, 2013, 10:26:52 AM
Bring back the old acquisition range of Arc.
I don't know if it's a bug or if it's deliberate, but there was no reason to get rid of it.
Many skills like LA, fireball and ice spear do this quite well. And people blindly spam them offscreen all the time.

Arc . . . no longer lets you do that. Why? What's even the point? It's awkward to try and shift-click and rather than the spell firing off in place at some point on the screen or seeking out a target, you just STOP DEAD and do nothing. Range is what Arc should have going for it if nothing else.
I'm playing Nemesis and trying to kite out Storm Heralds and Corrupting Blood and Arc should be excelling at this role

Last edited by DeviantLightning on Nov 11, 2013, 10:59:06 AM
"
Shock chance isn't additive, each chance is an independent roll. None of the nodes say "added chance to shock" it's just a "chance to shock."

Chance on Hit modifiers stack additively. Very easy to tell that it does this; just look at your Chance to Shock on the [C]haracter Sheet.
I've a level 72 dual arc totem with all the bells and whistles. I've a quality lvl 19 gem, chance to shock out the fucking ass, lightning damage, and all. Two curses and lightning penetration. All it does is tickles the boss when your in groups and you can't control where the electricity is going...

At best it is an average to below average skill, whether being a dual totem set up or not. The shock stacks simply don't matter if you can't deal damage.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
A nice change would be to make it target yourself (without taking any damage) if there are no more eligible targets around. That would at least allow it to double hit a mob if there are no more around.
"
I've a level 72 dual arc totem with all the bells and whistles. I've a quality lvl 19 gem, chance to shock out the fucking ass, lightning damage, and all. Two curses and lightning penetration. All it does is tickles the boss when your in groups and you can't control where the electricity is going...

At best it is an average to below average skill, whether being a dual totem set up or not. The shock stacks simply don't matter if you can't deal damage.

Totem deals 50% less Damage
Arc : Damage effectiveness --> 50%

Use another spell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info