Animate Guardian

"
So what are some good uniques to animate to augment my minion army?

Things I've tried:
Zandethus' Cassock is amazing if you cap his block chance.
Dual Ungil's Gauche is a really good and cheap way to get insane block without necromantic aegis.
Springleaf is great if you don't have minion instability.
Rathpith Globe for spell block.
Leer Cast + Dying Breath for support auras.
The Blood Reaper for puncturing.
Hyrri's Ire to give him acrobatics.
Blood Dance with one or two Carnage Chieftains as spectres.
Asenath's Gentle Touch with melee splash and inc aoe can free up a slot on your skill bar.
Voidhome for all the damage with no downsides.
Fairgraves' Tricorne and Starkona's Head are good cheap unique helmets that increase the guardians survivability a fair bit.
Shackles of the Wretched for roleplaying purposes...

Things I've been meaning to try:
Since minion damage doesn't differentiate between physical, elemental or chaos damage I wanna try weapons like Rebuke of the Vaal, Dyadus and Oro's Sacrifice. I'd pair 2 dyadus' with an Icetomb to all but guarentee the guardian chilling everything and boosting the burn damage of everyone else and Oro's would work well with Blood Dance and Snakebite.
Snake bite + Bino's is something I've been thinking about but I am way too poor in any league to try it.
Death's Oath might be nice. I only have a 5 linked one though which seems a bit wasteful to throw on a guardian.
I wanna try Bramblejack as well. It might be useful with how the guardian loves to charge into enemies recklessly.
Facebreaker might be worth trying.

Things that doesn't work:
Lochtonial Caress - The guardian is in no ones party so conduit does nothing.
Quecholli - He does explode monsters he kills but the damage he does with it is so low he'll only ever kill things he culls. I thought it was pretty underwhelming.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Hi )
If i use vendor recipe 20% quality skill gem on AG-gem, in this case animated items will be lost?
---
thx
You sell your old gem and buy a new one, so I would assume the stored guardian is lost.
Guardians are bound to Characters, not to specific Gems.
If you walk outside town with your level 1 Gem, your current guardian is going to explode because you cannot support these high level items anymore.
How do I turn "off" AG without removing the gem or some other work around method? I find it silly that I can't simply press the hotkey AG is assigned to.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
A custom key like Detonate Mines would be nice to toggle between AI states like Aggressive (seeks targets), Defensive (responds to your target and attackers only), Passive (ignores enemies and follows), and Cowardly (retreats from damage sources like a necro).
Last edited by Hercanic on May 12, 2014, 9:04:34 AM
Facebreaker nice idea!
Maybe pairing with abyssus and foxshade and some damage shield.
Tried with success the dual skullhead blocking version:
Skull head dual ungils and cassock with godly gloves and boots
Zone I. With skullhead =capped block chance.

Edit I just found and solved two things in one shot for uber normal guardian:
Alberon war path...helm is secret hut easy to find
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Last edited by WIKARINA on May 12, 2014, 11:38:18 PM
It would be nice if he was re-summonable. I assume he is an item sink so you should not be able to get your items off of him after you put them on him but he should keep the items between summons, that way you could use non vendor trash on him and still have him take some decent items out of the economy (especially as you upgrade him, losing the old items in order to improve him.)
I haven't really toyed around with it that much, and some great points or being made in this threat to prove that a lot of people are undervaluing the skill, but when all is said and done (and read), I still don't think the skill is good enough as is.
I'd still say the skill isn't strong enough to justify the amount of sockets and gear invested into it. Gear which essentially is lost irregardless of whether he lives or dies.
That one buff, non-taunting, non-exploding guy simply doesn't compete with the other skills. Especially with the hard-to-figure-out AI of the guardian.

In any case, I feel that even these things (flaws if you will) would be fine, if the skill was actually emotionally rewarding-- And as have been pointed out over and over again: It just isn't.
There simply isn't enough in-game fiddling to appeal to the players that enjoy these kinda things and who just appreciate the "hillarious>effective" spec of this and other skills/combinations.

I don't think that changing him so that "death = items returned" would break anything. You'd probably not have time to stand around and resummon the entire thing in the heat of the moment anyway, and it would make the skill appeal more to the less-than-stinkin'-wealthy part of the player base.

And for the love of God and all things Holy; give it a freakin' tab in the character sheet!
Last edited by Oblivious_Zero on May 15, 2014, 12:54:07 PM
While I don't know if I would actually use the items on AG, do all of the mods on unique items work with AG? Will Increased XP Gain affect the skill gem? How do Charges work with AGs? Can they receive Keystones like Acrobatics? Do they gain footprints or extra gore? Would curse reflection apply to the AG? Are players considered allies? Items that look at a stat, like evasion, is that based off of the AG's evasion, or the players? Would Goddess Bound/Scorned and Wings of Entropy have their restrictions applied properly? Would Prismatic Eclipse have its socket bonus applied to the AG? Like I said, I don't know if I would use any of the items referenced above, as I've not had any of them drop to begin with, but it would be nice to know how well some of these bonuses apply.

Also, are the items bound to the gem or to the player? Would one be able to have 2 AGs, and swap between them on a weapon swap?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info