:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

As xxxHolic... well, I doubt that it is all that similar all the other clamp series. Then again, they have a shitload of crossovers between their own series and even more hidden references to other shows of theirs in the background.

xxxHolic is actually rather dark at times and deals a lot with spirits, possessions, myths, supernatural activities and also death. I really like the japanese mythology with all their different kinds of spirits, demons and gods, so it was really interesting for me when I watched it.
I watched quite a lot of anime that go in that direction now that I think about it.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Okay, Flame of Recca is just fucking terrible. Yuyu Hakusho was a work of art in comparison. We ditched it halfway after I checked the wiki. Nope, it's Arena all the way down...

So we moved onto My Hero Academia, which is perfectly charming and awesome.

Well then, another show to my not to watch list.

Also I watched "The pilot's love song" today because it seemed like a rather lighthearted series...
Spoiler
...It's not.

I guess I'll go with some action then. I need something like that right now.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
I never really liked dragon ball all that much, no idea why, but I just can't get into it.
I also have yet to finish any of the fate series, but I at least started watching fate/zero a while back. I'll probably end up watching garden of sinners before it though.

I was thinking about watching hamatora: the animation this time around, as it is supposed to not suck and have lots of action, so yeah. Also, it's been on my plan to watch list for a while now.
About the fate and garden of sinners connection...
Apparently they play in the same universe, but different timelines. So while they are connected, it's only indirectly. Also, shingetsutan tsukihime is also part of all that, but I heard somewhere that the series is either not that good or just a bad adaptation.

As for titles: Sometimes I can understand why they so long, but... quantity rarely equals quality.

Also, the first episode of hamatora looked promising, action, crimes, super powers and some comedy. Also, ALL the colors.
Garden of Sinners is definitely up there as one of my all time favorite movie series (not just in anime, but in general). Definitely has everything I want when watching as a movie and series. A good choice for any anime enthusiast that wants more out of their hobby.

Tsukihime adaptation never happened.........

Spoiler
It is a meme actually for many years that it had an horrendous adaptation from the VN that TYPE-MOON fans deny the existence of the anime version.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 30, 2017, 12:02:56 AM
Quite happy that Shingeki no Bahamut - Virgin Soul is 24 episodes.
I enjoyed the first season (music, story and characters) and i'm enjoying this season for the same reasons...bit of a shame Favaro hasn't had much a roll yet, but this last episode you can see that he has rubbed off on Kaisar.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Is that related to Rage of Bahamut?

Yes, it happens ten years after Rage of Bahamut, though the main character happens to be Nina instead of Favaro.

Spoiler
Those two happen to meet up inbetween the series, so they have some connection with one another. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Garden of sinners is amazing, thought it was a series at first only to realize after a stretch that i just watched an hour and a half movie.

Bahamuth virgin soul is keeping up with the original rage of bahamuth very well, pleasing art, solid story and good action and pacing.

Wish i knew it was 24 episodes though, started watching it yesterday since i assumed it was "complete" only to see a 13th episode on the list now. Another one to keep track of now.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Just got back from the bar, everyone mad at me cause I can't drink alcohol V or red bull... Had to drink seltzer water lmaoooo... Anyways whenever it's an odd morning I start watching:

Shouldn't I be the one mad lol...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jul 2, 2017, 3:52:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info