:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Well, thanks to the ever-awesome sakugabooru blog, we've found our sleeper hit for the season: see their write-up here: Backflip!!! Bakuten.

Men's rhythmic gymnastics high school team anime with *so* much positive energy, a ridiculously high-end cast, REALLY good character animation (there's a flex in pretty much every scene for some reason), actually creative usage of CG/rotoscoping for the routines, and just plain high quality production throughout. The director is what caught my attention: same guy who did the spectacularly underrated 'The Great Passage', and it shows. Studio Zexcs isn't known for any of this stuff, but with the right director, a powerhouse of key staff (Yamashita Shingo!!), a composer with relevant background (before composing, this guy was actually a rhythmic gymnast), and a healthy-ish time-frame (show's been in pre-production since 2016), a studio can easily transcend its norms.

The show was made to highlight Miyagi prefecture in the wake of the Tohoku disasters, which is far from the worst reason to make a really good looking anime.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 29, 2021, 11:46:30 PM
unfortunately I'm not that much into sportsanime on itself. Something like Megalo works (Im a sucker for scifi) but thats it. The rest of the season is really awesome.
I really like godzilla SP, even with the whole pile of flames behind it.
Now I just wait for knights of sidonia, and i hope :D
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on May 6, 2021, 12:19:29 PM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
unfortunately I'm not that much into sportsanime on itself. Something like Megalo works (Im a sucker for scifi) but thats it. The rest of the season is really awesome.
I really like godzilla SP, even with the whole pile of flames behind it.
Now I just wait for knights of sidonia, and i hope :D
Theres some good sports anime out there. Im a pretty big weeb, id suggest "Baby Steps" as one of them. Its about Tennis. I wasnt into any sports anime at all until i watched that one.

You could try Hinomaru Sumo as well, its not really exactly realistic to the actual sport but its pretty good.

If you want some ridiculous fighting animes though definitely watch or read Baki if you havent already.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
I watched the Kimetsu no Yaiba movie earlier this week, it somehow went completely past me that it was already available. Huh.

It was, well, just as I expected. Which is to say absolutely incredibly. Sasuga Ufotable. Especially the final fight of the movie, that sure was a sight to behold. Animation was awesome, sound was awesome, characters were awesome, story was awesome... yeah, nothing really to complain on this one imo. In case any of you here have seen Kimetsu no Yaiba, but not the movie, I very strongly recommend you do so. Not only is it a fantastic movie, it's also the direct continuation of the Kimetsu no Yaiba story. A 2nd season (was there a confirmation for it yet? I can't remember) would connect directly to the end of the movie and there's some pretty important stuff happening in there.

So apparently Komi-san will finally be getting an anime adaptation. That is... I can't even find words to describe it. "A dream come true" would be the closest thing there is to describing it I think. It's an absolutely incredible manga (at least if you're at least a little bit into that whole sol rom-com stuff). It'll come in october, so we need to wait a little longer. I can't say I ever really heard a lot about the staff or studio behind it, so that has me at least a little bit worried...

Speaking of adaptations I'm looking forward to, Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu, releasing in summer season. Good source material once again, but another case of never heard a lot about the people behind it. The preview looks quite promising though. If that level of quality represents the final series, I'd be very happy with that.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
The Solomon trailer dropped. Yeah, thas gonna be so epic. Gacha bucks hard at work.

Not anime but obv Castlevania s4 is stuffed to the gills with legitimate sakuga. 10 eps, 20 mins each, with a year for production? Even JC staff could do a hit with that sort of luxury. Forget that utter abortion Yasuke and its complete waste of a powerhouse staff; Castlevania is very likely the best "non-Japanese anime" ever made. Impact frames, kagenashi, 3d/2d integration for dynamic action -- it's just flex after flex.

Speaking of flex, I appreciated WIT actually using needlessly good animation of Vivy flexing to flex.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I decided to rewatch Death Note, it's my fav one, still love it
I haven't been here in a while, huh...

Finally vacation time, so I'm probably gonna watch a lot more anime than the last couple months. I got a LONG list after all.

Regarding some of the new (or not so new) stuff that came out...

Mars Red: I'm quite happy with that ending. It felt... right, in a way. Awesome show overall, but not for everyone.

Wonder Egg Priority: That special was just... what. It gave us a LOT more questions than answers. And no satisfying conclusion imo. Can we at least get a 2nd season please? I mean, come on, you can't just throw all that stuff at us and then let it end then and there with no explanation or conclusion.

Peach Boy Riverside: I decided to give it a try since it looked nice and relaxing. It was not quite what I expected, but enjoyed it nonetheless. At this point it has the potential to go either way. I'll stick with it for a bit. Also, getting some serious Penkin vibes from the ost at times.

There's a lot of shows I'm highly interested in this season, so I guess it'll be a busy one. Next season also has some INCREDIBLY promising stuff to look forward to, so yeah. I'll be set for quite a while.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Maid Dragon season 2 off to a great start with a Nichijou-esque opening. I am glad to see Kyoani is back and stronger than ever before after what happen nearly two years ago (about 10-11 days away to being 2 years exactly) with them.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 8, 2021, 2:48:54 AM
Hi

I am trying to figure out what the name of this one anime i saw as kid was. i remember borrowing a transformers VHS tape but although the cover said it was transformers it wasn't transformers, but something else.

the premise from what i remember is a female is sick and dying, so these two people , 1 female and 1 male get shrunk down along with a ship or some vehicles and fly inside of her. they find inside a civilization that's kind of medieval/fantasy, some are friendly some are not. they split up and search, then towards the end of the film they combine there vehicles to form a mecha and fight something.

i remember watching this in either 99 or 2000, i would say it was made in the 90s or 80s. i've been trying to figure it out for years.

any help is appreciated. thank you
finished odd taxi, god that was an awesome ride. definitely the best show of the last season.

This season is tame to the last one. Almost everything is isekai wtf. Currently only watching:

slime s3 - the politics arc, we will see, kind of boring right now, but setting the board in wish fulfillment show is never actually as awesome as the author imagines it.

sonny boy - another isekai, but i do like the idea. Also i always like ensemble stories, smaller chance of some gary stu taking the stage.

Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Talking about gary stus, here is the next isekai, but this time with the standard setup. That show is saved through its wacky humor/nostalgia through. The 90s vibe is strong in that one.
and I laughed hard when i realized that saori hayami voices yet another ema, this time a little pig xD and so close after cold steel IV/86 too!

peach boy riverside: a fantasy story without an isekai. Only for that i'll watch this. and Frau is awesome!(and Her name is kind of stupid, at least when your mother language is German, it just sound strange)

Shiroi Suna no Aquatope: mandatory slice of live show with cute girls, and penguins of course.

Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info