:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

this season any good? recomend?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
this season any good? recomend?

Vivy, To Your Eternity, Megalobox 2 "Nomad' (if you've seen 1), Odd Taxi are all pretty much guaranteed 'good'. 86 Eighty-Six is prestige anime but so far nothing we haven't seen before. Quirkier stuff includes Mars Red (artistic vampire series), Pretty Boy Detective Club (Shaft being Shaft), Shadows House, and Jouran (more artistic vampires, loosely based on Lady Snowblood) -- all very stylish, but not everyone's cup of tea. That's just off the top of my head. Between those, more light-hearted fare and continuations such as Moriarty part 2 and of course My Hero Academia, GF and I are watching probably around 20 shows this season. So yeah, pretty good season.

And if you don't mind sailing the salty seas, Beastars s2 and Godzilla SP are both doing quite well on Netflix Japan.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
This season somehow managed to be even more ridiculous than the last one. And that one already had an overload of great shows.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Watched Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen this past Friday at AMC........SUBBED with Japanese Audio cause it is more immersive that way.

The movie was just plain awesome considering it was from ufotable. That ending made me shed manly tears with the battle scene at Rengoku.....and that demon. My favorite arc of the series live up to the hype in the cinemas. To hell with Mortal Kombat, Demon Slayer was better. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
To hell with Mortal Kombat, Demon Slayer was better. ;)

The local cinema is only airing the dub of Mugen, so we'll wait for the bluray and/or the high quality animelab stream. I deeply enjoyed KnY when it aired but I found it personally superseded in terms of premium shounen by the likes of Jujutsu Kaisen. That and, well, ufotable gonna ufotable. I know it'll be great, but I'm not hanging on a thread to see it.

As for Mortal Kombat, this isn't an either/or situation; it's merely an artificial 'contest' created by nigh-simultaneous release. Is Mugen superior to MK? Almost certainly, on every significant level. But they can co-exist. Happily. Bloodily, even.

I do like that we live in a world where somehow a premium anime continuation movie and a cheeseballs r-rated whiplash-paced video game slugfest movie are actually *the* competing forces in the Western cinema battleground, but eh, seems a weird consolation prize for the past year or so.

__

Thunderbolt Fantasy season 3 is just around the corner. Either that sentence is enough for you, if you've missed something really special.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
I do like that we live in a world where somehow a premium anime continuation movie and a cheeseballs r-rated whiplash-paced video game slugfest movie are actually *the* competing forces in the Western cinema battleground, but eh, seems a weird consolation prize for the past year or so.

Well, seems at least ONE video game got a good adaptation this year... yes, I'm looking at you, Monster Hunter.

I still hope that I'll get to see Heaven's Feel 3 in the cinema at some point. Too bad that planned Heaven's Feel triple feature event got cancelled last year :(
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:

Well, seems at least ONE video game got a good adaptation this year... yes, I'm looking at you, Monster Hunter.

Uh...yeah, okay...Mortal Kombat was significantly better than Monster Hunter. And I say that as someone who's seen both and has played MHW a heck of a lot lately -- and soaked up Mortal Kombat since its release. They're both silly as hell as far as movie concepts go, but at least MK has a proper Aussie Kano and the legendary Sanada Hiroyuki (for lack of that other legendary Hiroyuki, although the replacement Shang Tsung at least looked the part) occupying the two best polar opposite ends (crassness and stoicism) of an otherwise forgettable adaptation. MH has...Rathalos and Diablos and that's about it. Kind of ironic given MH's director gave the world what remains the most beloved Mortal Kombat movie (low, low, low bar there).

As for HF3, been and gone here sadly. The three movies will make for a nice bluray binge at least.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 26, 2021, 3:27:04 AM
"

As for Mortal Kombat, this isn't an either/or situation; it's merely an artificial 'contest' created by nigh-simultaneous release. Is Mugen superior to MK? Almost certainly, on every significant level. But they can co-exist. Happily. Bloodily, even.

I mean I did grew up with Mortal Kombat playing them in Sega Genesis and even up PS2 with Shaolin Monks, dressing up as Scorpion in one of my childhood Halloween events, and even watching the older Mortal Kombat movies from the 90s.

There is something about the movie version of MK that triggers disappointment all over for me. Not like the new MK movie is the only MK movie I felt 'meh' about it, the ones in the 90s felt like a cash grab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YtTz9xWu4

I still remember the scene around 2:20 to 2:34 from this link that made me wan to roll my eyes, especially if you are sharp in details, you will notice something behind something. lol

Edit: Maybe this is just me growing older and a bit more cynical in life. I need to take it easy and just go with the flow. :P
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

something something DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK.

Someday I may forgive you for blind-linking me to MK: Annihilation. Someday...

___

Tokyo Revengers is finding its footing. Odd Taxi does a crazy left turn and pulls it off wonderfully. 86 is A-1 flex as usual. Shadows House channels the best of Promised Neverland. Vivy continues its march towards the Matrix. To your eternity evolves, again. Dai remains criminally underwatched. Mars Red gives us more Yamadera and Ishida and is better for it. Joran completes its first and feels like a 90s OVA. Osamake picks up Horimiya's torch. Super Cub beautifully putters along with the Power of Dreams (this update brought to you by Honda). 300 Slimes gives Aoi Yuki something to do when she's not eating everything in sight in Kumodesuga...Pretty Boy Tantei reminds us why Shaft/Shinbo/Nisioisin is such a blessing. Slime Diaries hearkens back to happier times. Mashiro Oto toys with memory.

What a season.

"

Someday I may forgive you for blind-linking me to MK: Annihilation. Someday...

That is why I never had faith in live action Mortal Kombat movies. lol
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info