:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I’m going to bed I leave everyone with this...

https://youtu.be/XgGgetp4JvQ
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Used the wiki and my knowledge of Solomon to list all the seiyuu with multiple roles in FGO Solomon. It's truly mind-blowing.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 30, 2020, 11:53:39 AM
Despite not having played Fate/GO, that still sounds like something to look forward to. For the record, I was able to follow the babylonia story as it was presented in the anime (at least I think I did... hart to tell on my own lol).

A show I'm somewhat surprised by that I just started watching is BNA, studio Trigger's newest show. Yeah, I know, Trigger can be hit or miss, but it's pretty good for now imo. Story is ok, art is amazing as always, characters seem really good for now. Didn't notice anything important about the soundtrack, so it must be at least decent. I just hope it doesn't end up in space, like just about every Trigger show did... for no apparent reason mostly (Kill la Kill kiiiiiinda made sense, as did Little Witch Academia considering how they set up the finale, but DFXX was just... why). Can recommend... for now.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Gridman was decent enough. We'll wait on BNA for now. Got enough to watch. Trigger peaked with LWA imo. Great animation, accessible story and characters, memorable, and of course it ended in space, kind of. I haven't seen Promare yet though. I tend not to count movies when I'm judging a studio that typically does series.

Oh, and the thing with Fate/Go Solomon is the really good stuff isn't even the who's-who of Servant appearance, banter, NP! goodbye sequence. It's what happens after they've all done their job. I'd forgotten how good that ending is. Jesus.

In fact, due to Covid-19, I'm not expecting anything from forthcoming anime. Whatever happens, happens. As Ogata 'Shinji' Megumi herself said on twitter, people should be thankful they're getting anything at all, and not complain about the quality of it. Because it's a miracle anything is being made right now.

I mean, it's not as if we don't all have access to 25+ years worth of anime backlog, is it?

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Watched, "Ghost in the Shell..." Music is so amazing. That scene with the plane over head as she is chasing that guy is breathtaking. I decided to go old school trying to find as many Anime on Hulu, Netflix, crunchy roll, funimation... When some of the greats were still around... Legends.

Going to give Ghost in the shell a try this evening. Only manga that is on my external harddrive.

I’ve watched it sooooooo many times... never gets old for me. The manga on some of these Anime is amazing.

Sadly my english subtitles are not synchronized with the movie. So I'll have to wait till home to watch it. To stay within the Japanese them, I am currently watching Norwegian Wood.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
It’s hilarious there’s an actual cure, that could be ready by September and no one cares. It was sent to military and will go through human testing this month. However no one cares, I even put THE CURE as the title of thread... yet no one cares. They rather fight over ridiculous conspiracies and rhetorics. I digress... Lol.

Anyways, Ghost in the Shell accuracy of the Japanese suburbs is so detailed it’s ridiculous. Soooooooo pretttyyyyy.... Still advanced for its time.

I was reading Wikipedia on Solomon it’s extensive... Frankly not as complicated as "The Silmarillion," LOL... If you guys haven’t read that, try. Pain in the ass book but if you want to know how dwarves, elves etc came to existence that’s your book.

Tolkien and Anime would be amazing... come on studios... ^.^

My English honors teacher in high school hated Anime... to quote her, "a perversion of the female anatomy." Even so she’s good teach, made us carry a small dictionary in our pockets lol.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
It’s hilarious there’s an actual cure, that could be ready by September and no one cares. It was sent to military and will go through human testing this month. However no one cares, I even put THE CURE as the title of thread... yet no one cares. They rather fight over ridiculous conspiracies and rhetorics. I digress... Lol.

I like to refrain posting in corona virus threads. I got my reasons.

"
solwitch wrote:

I was reading Wikipedia on Solomon it’s extensive... Frankly not as complicated as "The Silmarillion," LOL... If you guys haven’t read that, try. Pain in the ass book but if you want to know how dwarves, elves etc came to existence that’s your book.

Read the Silmarillion a long time ago. Yeah if you are into Tolkien's universe, you should give it a go.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
What a strange association, but uh, you do you I guess.

__

Now we're between seasons, I plan to go back and watch pet and somali. Both are reputedly good but we just didn't have space in our weekly watching for them. pet especially seemed more suited to a marathon rather than weekly viewing.
Not so strange, everything in the Art world is linked. Art, I would consider a line an expression of thought, ideas... I mean we look at Anime and Manga and we fool ourselves to think that the voice acting, the music... is the foundation for expression. Those come afterwards... it’s those lines that are drawn that define Anime and Manga.

The words we type, the stories we write all connected by lines. And the most minutus (Latin I know) lines can be powerful such as a

Tolkien and Anime have lots in common... I digress...

You know Apocrypha was amazing, it would be just as amazing with out music or voice acting. I always do, well what I do lol.

Last edited by solwitch on Apr 1, 2020, 7:00:01 AM
I sometimes watch a little apoc on the tablet with the sound off, so yeah, I know. I mean by now I probably know most of the script and soundtrack usage by heart anyway.

I dunno, Solomon and Silmarillion? They...sound alike? Other than that, not much connection. One's an endgame for a bunch of alternate reality scenarios, the other's the opening gambits and piece placement of a single fantasy world. Solomon is the wise king, Sauron is...not. Nor is Saruman, whose name sounds closer still. That said, both Solomon and Sauron use magic rings, so...there's that. But magic rings permeate mythology, so I wouldn't see much connection there.

Here's an interesting attempt at equating the two, but it's soundly disproven:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lotr/comments/yt0mj/is_sauron_based_off_of_king_solomon/

But if you want to zoom out so far as truisms like 'everything in the art world is linked' eh, can't and won't argue that. Doesn't make for solid, engaging, enlightening comparison, but...yeah...I guess. If that's the hill you want to die on...

As for an LOTR anime, we already have Lodoss. The basic story progression of LOTR isn't really in vogue regarding anime either. But eh, there's always Bakshi's rotoscoped curiosity if you want an animated version...

__

A friend of mine told me there's a new 'retro' aimed anime streaming service exclusive to the US called Retrocrush. Might be worth checking out if you can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info