:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

There's no shame in liking HeroAca. It got a surprisingly good story, some of the most well written characters in shounen anime (outside of hunter x hunter), an incredible soundtrack and extremely good action scenes. Also, the opening songs are pretty good imo. Quite catchy.

Blood Blockade Battlefront is a different beast though. While it too is of great quality, it has some pretty random stuff happening throughout the story. Which makes it a lot of fun to watch, but I know some people who were put off by that. For whatever reason.
I think BBB is a show that doesn't have anything else that has a similar setting... the closest one is Durarara imo, but even that one differs a lot from it.
You should really give it a try though. As I said in the beginning (and charan said before me), amazing quality. Studio Bones is known for very VERY solid adaptations of usually pretty good source material and a couple of pretty good original works. You can't really go wrong with their stuff imo, it's always at least good from what I'seen and heard.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
God dammit - I hate you both :P

I watched s1e1 of both Hunter x Hunter and Blood Blocade Battlefront. Both were excellent.

Now I'm facing another week with no sleep!

Cheers :)

Matt
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
I can't seem to get into S3 of Hero Academia at all. S1 and S2 were fine but S3 just isn't sticking for some reason. New AoT is pretty compelling on the other hand (so far anyway).

SG:0 is still currently the highlight of my week in terms of anime, with Grand Blue being a very close second. I watched episode 1 of Cells, not sure how I feel about it yet, I'll watch a couple more eps sooner or later.

Aside from seasonals, some recently completed series which I really enjoyed were Hyouka and 3-gatsu no Lion. Really didn't expect to enjoy a show about shogi but it's so much more than that - Shaft did an incredible job imo.
Last edited by nav on Aug 16, 2018, 4:04:56 AM
Not a single post on angolmois: genkou kessenki.

It's good, check it out if you haven't yet.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Not a single post on angolmois: genkou kessenki.

It's good, check it out if you haven't yet.

Peace,

-Boem-

I heard somewhere that it's supposedly really good, but so far historical stuff never really kept my interest for some reason.

I started watching revue starlight... I don't quite know yet what's going on, but it seems awesome for some reason.
"
FCK42 wrote:

I heard somewhere that it's supposedly really good, but so far historical stuff never really kept my interest for some reason.

I started watching revue starlight... I don't quite know yet what's going on, but it seems awesome for some reason.

Did you watch drifters? If yes and you enjoyed it, your probably also going to enjoy this show even ignoring the historical setting and significance etc.

Started yesterday and watched all six episodes in a row. Not the best there is, but definetly worth the watch in the current season in my opinion.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I haven't watched drifters yet, no. For similar reasons actually. Yes, I know, I should give stuff a shot before making a judgment, but still. For me to watch a historical anime, it takes a really interesting premise or some extremely good characters. I think the only real historical ones I watched so far were samurai champloo and golden kamui, though I didn't finish watching the latter. Well, if we count stuff with historical characters in it, then there'd be fate, but that doesn't count in this case.
The past couple of weeks I had been watching - Overlord -. It's pretty good, I recommend reading the Light novels.
re S;G0

Spoiler
I know I've been harping on about how great this show has been, but seriously, what the fuck was that episode?

The absolutely horrendous "action" scenes, the ridiculously cliche villain monologue scene/"if you kill him you're just as bad as him" quote, the fact that everybody just loses common sense and the soldiers just stand there for ages like idiots doing nothing, Kagari tanking like 20 shots and still going like she's the Terminator. Worst part is that all of the other bullshit that occurred can probably just be attributed to convergence.

Can't say I was a fan of that one, worst episode of the season so far.

Not finding anything particularly interesting this season. I've been traveling back in time and watching older shows atm.

Also, read some spoilers for Youjo Senki and the ending of the WN and it killed all my hype for that series. At least, the light novels are decent.
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info