Experience Loss

I stopped playing because of it.
As a new player, being punished for dying in a hard game.. i dont get it.
Isnt that what hardcore is for?
"
andreaznn wrote:

The XP penalty in SC is nothing like HC. Losing a few maps worth of XP versus losing an entire character? No comparison.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Exp loss is an outdated mechanic now and there's really no reason for it to exist. It only punishes softcore players, which already have a punishment for dying: losing portals.

Also loool everyone can get lvl100 in like 30 maps with the new shrine+breach strat with the scarab of teachings, so now when I randomly die in a map or some other content on my lvl100 glass-cannon 3k hp 20k max hit character I literally do not care. Whether the exp penalty is there or not now makes 0 difference for anyone buying 5-way carries or grinding to lvl100 by themselves in a few hours with the shrine scarab. They could delete it, they could leave it in the game but it's all the same to people who get 100 easily.(and its more accessible than ever now thanks to that shrine scarab, its also faster than ever to get lvl100 with it)

Even if the shrine strat didn't exist I can easily get lvl100 from just spamming Sanctum all day on my build AND print like 100 divines at the same time too kek

Also its pretty weird to have to avoid endgame bosses like the plague just because I'm lvl91 at 80% and I KNOW I'm gonna die to quest exarch's ball phase,maven memory game etc. Like it just forces players to play in a certain way to preserve exp.
Last edited by Toforto on May 6, 2024, 8:29:36 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
Experience loss should be way higher same as exp requirements.
Even if you die once or twice it's not really a breaker anymore cause the game throws so much exp at you literally at every place.
Power creep is also out of control and you can pretty much build close to immortal characters without much currency thanks to heavily cheap perfect items and t0 uniques, even affordable for the poor "casual" andies.

+1
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
andreaznn wrote:

The XP penalty in SC is nothing like HC. Losing a few maps worth of XP versus losing an entire character? No comparison.

I don't he's comparing the two things, I think he's saying if you want to get punished--just play hardcore.
"
PureMako wrote:
I think the Experience Penalty could and should be reworked as a temporary negative to quantity and or quality on found items for the next hour. Or something to that effect.

You are talking about leveling here. Adding a downside to a completely different category doesn't sound very useful.
I mean, I don't care about quantity/rarity if I'm actually exping. I care about exp.

You aren't the first one to suggest some different penalty, or even a removal, but there really isn't a good alternative. There needs to be something that makes you think what you're doing. Even though you can't always avoid lethal damage due to lag or whatever, you will still be more careful due to exp penalty.
"
Pashid wrote:
Experience loss should be way higher same as exp requirements.
Even if you die once or twice it's not really a breaker anymore cause the game throws so much exp at you literally at every place.
Power creep is also out of control and you can pretty much build close to immortal characters without much currency thanks to heavily cheap perfect items and t0 uniques, even affordable for the poor "casual" andies.

Nomancs wrote:
+1

Why am I not surprised that you two are honoring the few who read this with your infinite kindness and wisdom....
It currently takes only a tenth of the time to go from 1-100 compared to Ancestors. A tenth.

I don't think leveling can be made easier anymore without removing it as a relevant mechanic entirely and replacing it with something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info