T17 needs to go or become something else.

With the introduction of t17 i was hyped. Loved the idea of bridged content, but its clear to everyone now that it has failed entirely.

They are pure cancer to run unless you have a +500 div build with an aura bot. I just sell mine and it seems everyone else is starting to do the same, as the price have tanked.

Only the top 1% are running these if not even less. So the "bridge" content has become a literal wall for almost everyone.

I've cleared 5 maps so far in 3 weeks, and it was pure pain every time. So if i want to do ubers i would have to buy fragments. Before all it took was a click.

Second reason why it's failed is the economy. All scarabs but the rare ones are basically worthless headhunter is 10 divines and a mageblood is only 110.

Third reason is all the good loot that the normal bosses used to drop are now moved to ubers. This make farming them pointless

Cyrus drops nothing good
Shaper not even dying sun anymore
Elder maybe a shitty watchers eye
exarch only has the shield
Eater 1 item if your lucky
Maven awakened gems if your lucky. Your better off farming invitations and then selling the mavens writ.

All other good drops are now locked behind t17 maps.

This needs to change, it's very bad design that has blocked 95% of the player base from killing ubers.
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2024, 7:26:42 PM
I somewhat agree here.

It's perfectly OK that they are gating very good items behind the Uber fights, but the quality of items dropped by the regular pinnacle bosses need to be improved. The amount of pinnacle loot that would actually be an upgrade to you at the time you're at a position to beat them, is too low.

Now, I like the idea behind T17 maps. But they need to be toned down a little. They don't need to be loot-crazy. They just need to be what GGG told us they would be.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
1%? 1% are running red maps. T17 are for the 0.01%
Nobody other than uber runner and maybe a very few people cared about uber fights before the change. I don't see how the new change impacts any of that. At the very least the so sorry casual player can now run the non uber fights without any fomo to kick in cause they could have sold the map for currency.
It's not any different with the new t17 maps which are basically not any harder than a regular t16 map with medium juice. The so scary boss fights are also nothing new out of the box as it's all just reused content and if you fail to clear it you simply have to learn the boss fights or get better at having a decent character.
You can even already face tank most of the stuff on a very bare bones character without any fancy stuff.

As is for the economy part it's quite amusing to see how it's suddenly a big deal while everyone was so hyped about it during Affliction league and everyone kept yip yapping about wanting to keep the loot overkill. Now it's within the game and even accessible to everyone thanks to the big atlas changes and scarab change but people still complain about it. Not a single change ever really gets the small amount of "always unhappy" players satisfied. hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Aynix wrote:
1%? 1% are running red maps. T17 are for the 0.01%

It's funny because even those 0.01% complains about how T17 unfairness and unbalanced are, kinda on you with the T17 being for the 0.01% of the playerbase, but they really needs balance even furthermore. It doesn't make sense the diff spike between ubers and T17
Venezuela es mi barrio, y odio mi barrio.
Amante de las abejas🐝
Ubers are far and away easier than t17s, although thats not wholly surprising, ubers are easier than some of the really stupid rare combos just in 100% delirious t16s, t17s manage to make that look downright reasonable by comparison and they made it worse by gating basically every single good boss drop behind grinding t17s like crazy where you get 1 to 2 uber fragments per map and need 5 of the same to do 1 uber and the droprate on boss items has not been increased at all. If they are going to gate ubers behind t17s and all good drops behind ubers then the t17s need to drop the entire boss key rather than fragments and ubers need to have their droprate rescaled so that their rarest drop drops 5 to 10% of the time instead of 2% of the time and all other drops increased commensurately as well because grinding 50 ubers for a prog or ashes is now nightmarishly time consuming even if you can buy a significant fraction of the fragments on the market.
Last edited by CarbotZergling123 on Apr 20, 2024, 9:41:32 PM
if only 0.01% run the 17, then it's still not bridge content. And more people than 1% run tier 16 no?
Pretty much everyone who did video about T17 (including popular streamers) is saying T17s are harder than Ubers.
How about we make Ubers drop T17's, insted T17 maps dropping uber fragments?
"
Pashid wrote:
Nobody other than uber runner and maybe a very few people cared about uber fights before the change. I don't see how the new change impacts any of that.

For me personally 80% of poe enjoyment are uber pinnacle bosses and moderate juiced invitations, that's why 3.24 made me super sad and quit after a week, i'll try to explain why:

Before this change you had easy access to ubers
- 8 shaper maps that were like 10-15 minutes total = 2 invitations and 3.5 uber bosses(1 maven, 2 shaper and an half uber-elder), so easy 10+ uber attempts per hour (self farmed, average non zoomzoom build)
You could also combine ubers further like doing uber shaper/cortex for feared invitations, or do elder/guardian maps instead of shaper with uber sirus etc.

Now:
- every "normal" fragment like shaper/sirus etc are completly irrelevant after 1st days, i dont even see a point in doing elder/shaper/guardian maps anymore
- T17 drop completely random and you get like 1 T17 every 10 minutes or something on average if you're lucky
- you need 5 fragments for 1 uber-boss, they drop 1-2 per Map so you're getting like 7-8 fragments after doing 5 T17s, so round about 1-2 uber boss attempts per hour for finding T17s and doing them.
- Even if you manage to find a T17 every 5 minutes (12/h) and luck out on fragment drops (2 per map so 24/h) you STILL have only 4-5 uber boss attempts per hour (that compared to 10+ per hour before this patch = sadness)
- I find doing T17 to get uber fragments a chore cause the Maps themself are really boring and lame and bosses are not hard, like rerolling for mods to not get constantly 1 shot while i can easy tank uber-shaper balls

Tl;DR:
Before Patch: Hype, 3.24 farming even more bosses
After Patch: Reality, T17 bosses as trivial as normal maven after spending 20c+ rerolling them, not rerolling them result in brick/1shots, actual amount of ubers that i can farm cut by 80%, more RNG, maven invitations pointless so less content

thats just my PoV, im not casual nor 0.1% excel sheet min maxer, just a average joe. On top of that also really dislike other changes like automation and scarab, makes me think i'm the problem for disliking everything but never had that problem in previous leagues...
I feel like poe1 has ended for me with this patch as i dont see them going back with 3.25+ considering marks deal with it mentality, sad, but it is what it is, will see what poe2 brings
Last edited by Rikku on Apr 21, 2024, 5:09:15 AM
"
Kreakor wrote:

Only the top 1% are running these if not even less. So the "bridge" content has become a literal wall for almost everyone.

GGG won't admit it but i am pretty sure that's the actual idea behind it. GGG hates it when players beat their oh so difficult content and it must be an eyesore to them that so many people were able to do ubers. So they threw a gambling barrier in between to weed out people. Bosses can be beaten with skill, maps, and tier 17 all the more are build/currency checks more than anything making it harder to overcome in many ways. And even if you can do t17 and ubers, the amount of grinding needed increased 10 fold so people have to spend more time on the game. It also drains chaos orbs out of circulation and makes the good uniques that are now uber only even more rare and expensive meaning even less people will be able to afford the gear to do tier 17. All of those are very desireable effects as far as GGG is concerned. You can bet they are going to stay.

"
At the very least the so sorry casual player can now run the non uber fights without any fomo to kick in cause they could have sold the map for currency.

Just that there is absolutely no point of doing those fights now after you got your voidstones because all they drop is junk.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 21, 2024, 5:35:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info